Rune
Lord_Logic

Black ops vs. Minecraft

Lord_Logic

Rune

Pro

Round 1 acceptance.
Lord_Logic

Con

Thank you, Pro, for this debate.

Resolution: Black ops is better than Minecraft. Am I correct?

As Con, I will be arguing Minecraft is better or equal black ops, as I have to negate the resolution.

Contention 1- Minecraft, as some of us know, is a game of survival techniques. The game is based on real life: cooking chickens, farming for wheat, killing sheep for its wool, mining, etc. Animals/consumers and decomposers are also included: wolves, sheep, chicken, pigs, cow, etc. Producers/plants are also included: grass and dandelions. {1}. Even better, players may die from falling, drowning, being hit, fire, etc. It also includes a health bar. {1}. They include even more real life activities like talking with friends in multiplayer or brewing/enchanting. {1}.

Contention 2- Black ops, on the other hand, is not as realistic or educational as Minecraft. There is no such plants or real life activities there but killing and shooting. Though I have black ops, Minecraft is better by far because of the realism and the education that it teaches.

==> Minecraft is a fun game that is played by over fifteen million people.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net...
Rune

Pro

- Black ops, on the other hand, is not as realistic or educational as Minecraft.

> Black ops is just as realistic as Minecraft. You can see real hands and real faces.

- Not educational

> NOT EDUCATIONAL? Black ops teaches you how to shoot and kill. So, black ops is just as educational as minecraft.

> Black ops is fun, cool, entertaining, and requires skill while Minecraft does not.

==} So, Black ops is better than Minecraft.
Lord_Logic

Con

Forgive me for posting Round 1.

You may go again because I posted on Round 1. Merry Christmas. Conduct -1.
Rune

Pro

You are such a b!*ch. I have already placed my arguments and it is your time to post now.
Lord_Logic

Con

Hello Pro,

Contention 1- Realism

In Black ops, it is less than or equal to the realism of Minecraft. First of all, when the player is shot by a gun, the player sees red on their screen. A couple seconds later, the player is back to normal. This shows that in black ops, if one would be shot, they would heal back up. This is not true in the real world. Therefore, it is not as realistic.

In Minecraft, there is also a hunger level. Eat little and you become more and more hungry to the point it affects your health. This also ties back into realism, as eating little may cause you to have a lower health. Just as I said in Round 1, there are many more realistic components in Minecraft: wolves, sheep, chicken, grass, mushroom, etc. {1}.

Contention 2- Education

Let me ask you. Is shooting a gun as easy as in Black ops? No. Therefore, I prove that it does not teach how to shoot and kill. Shooting a gun in real life is harder than in Black ops, where you just turn and press the button. Evidently, it also teaches the players a lot about violence. This leads to more violence in society.

==> Conclusion

Of course, Minecraft is better than Black ops because of the realism and what it teaches to players.

{1} http://www.minecraftwiki.net...
Rune

Pro

-In Black ops, it is less than or equal to the realism of Minecraft. First of all, when the player is shot by a gun, the player sees red on their screen. A couple seconds later, the player is back to normal. This shows that in black ops, if one would be shot, they would heal back up. This is not true in the real world. Therefore, it is not as realistic

> Which then probably meanss that the plyer placed a bandage on himself.

-Let me ask you. Is shooting a gun as easy as in Black ops? No. Therefore, I prove that it does not teach how to shoot and kill. Shooting a gun in real life is harder than in Black ops, where you just turn and press the button. Evidently, it also teaches the players a lot about violence. This leads to more violence in society.

> Shooting a gun is very easy. Ever try a NERF gun before?

==} Conclusion

So, Black ops is better than Black ops.

RUBRIC

Agree- black ops
agree- black ops
conduct- black ops (even Con stated)
spelling- Tied
Arguments- Black ops
Sources- Con

This is the most fair rubric. Vote Pro.
Lord_Logic

Con

Good debate, Pro.

Contention 1- Realism

"Which then probably meanss that the plyer placed a bandage on himself."

We do not see a bandage when a player heals himself all of a sudden. Therefore, this proves Black Ops not as or equal the realism of Minecraft.

"Shooting a gun is very easy. Ever try a NERF gun before?"

LOL. I meant real guns: AR-15, AK-47, M16, Colt, etc. When using Nerf guns, it teaches children the fun of shooting. When they grow up, they receive influence of violence from these guns.

http://www.minecraft.net...

==> Conclusion

Because Pro dropped many of my points, Con should win. Thank you and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Nice debate, Pro.
Posted by Rahsmoove 3 years ago
Rahsmoove
Why is this even a contest? Black ops is better
Posted by communistman101 5 years ago
communistman101
In Soviet Minecraft, the blocks build you.
I am serious.
I should know.
Why are my parents called Mr. and Mrs. Block?
Posted by EPRdebate 5 years ago
EPRdebate
Potatoes FTW
Posted by Lord_Logic 5 years ago
Lord_Logic
lol
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Well, now lets compare potatoes and plastic cups. That is essentially what this debate is comparing in differences.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Sorry about that, I meant sources goes to Con, since Pro provided none whereas Con did.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Conduct would have gone to Pro, because Con posted arguments in the acceptance round. However, Pro ruined his chances of getting conduct, since he insulted Con. Thus, conduct is tied.

S&G remains the same.

Con gets better arguments, because Pro made no arguments of his own and did not meet the BOP.

Sources also goes to Pro, because Con provided none whereas Pro did.
Posted by dinokiller 5 years ago
dinokiller
How the hell can you compare 2 games of a different genre?
Posted by ichigo85 5 years ago
ichigo85
What was this debate about again? 0.o" I seriously didn't get pro's point at all? Did he really try to compare a shooting game to real-life shooting? And say that it is educational because of that?
Posted by Lord_Logic 5 years ago
Lord_Logic
This was a boring debate.
Vote Placed by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
RuneLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ditto to the other RFD's. Nothing more needs to be said.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
RuneLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con for Pro's swearing. Arguments to Con because Pro's sucked.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
RuneLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by Korashk 5 years ago
Korashk
RuneLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: - Conduct goes to Con, mainly because Pro called him a b*tch. - Tie for Spelling and grammar - Arguments goes to Con because he actually had and supported his arguments. Even if Pro had supported his, they weren't very convincing. - Sources goes to Con because he used sources and Pro didn't.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
RuneLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: con doe conduct because of the cussing. Arguments con too because he actually argued and pro just said he should have won.