artisticied
stschiffman

Blacklivesmatter vs Alllivesmatter (the movement)

artisticied

artisticied

Pro

The first round is for accepetance only.
I will be representing the 'pro' side, pro as in blacklivesmatter. I'm not sure if anyone will debate with me, as I am new to this website but if you are please answer the following questions:
1. Political party (and what canidate you're rooting for)?
2. What country are you from (because this mostly has to do with America)?
3. What is your ethenticy?
____________
Rules:
1.
No trolling
2. No forefits
3. No use of racial slurs (sad I have to say that)
____________
Debate set-up
First round: Acceptance
Second Round: Introducing your arguement (no reply from con!)
Third round: Debating the others arguement (no new arguement)
Fourth round: Conclusion and finishing thesis statement

stschiffman

Con

I support all lives matter because I believe all lives matter. Black or white, your life matters.
artisticied

Pro

When does saying blacklivesmatter mean all lives do not? Blacklivesmatter was created due to the police brutality towards african american, the fight of racism towards african american, breaking the black streoetypes, etc. Saying allivesmatter takes away the spotlight on blacks which is why blacklivesmatter was created, and before you say "what about the other races who face opression?" their are movement that they can create. Things like muslimlivesmatter was created to help muslims face islamphobia not to take away attention to blacks.
Imagine this, your house is on fire. You call the fire departement but they start spraying water on all the house because ALL HOUSES MATTER, but are the other houses on fire? No, you called the fire department so they can help your house by putting out the fire of your house because yours is the one that is having problems. When someone says "Feed the hungry children" do you reply with "Feed all the children?" No, it should be the same thing as race.
stschiffman

Con

But the entire cause of Black Lives Matter is based on a wide spread myth. Despite what they've brainwashed people to believe, the cops are out to protect their communities, not to go out and kill black children.

Also, I have to say my biggest flaw with the blacklivesmatter movement is that they frequently resort to rioting, looting, and violence to get their point across, that is a fact. If Martin Luther King Jr were still alive, he'd be incredibly disappointed in them.
artisticied

Pro

Tell Sandra Bland that, or maybe Tamir Rice, possibly Micheal Brown would like to know that their protecting us not shooting us. If you're going to genralize all activist for blacklivesmatter but not generalize cops than you are being a bit hypocritical. They are to protect us and we know that but when I have a fear that when I walk out of my house with a black hoodie that I can possibly be shot then we start to worry. It's not just children their killing either.
As you haven't noticed the black panthers (not the best black activist but a valid one) was not violent, they had their share of violence but not that much and they still were looked down upon. Not all activist are like that, not all protest are like that but you have to imagine the anger in people when they find out their local friend was killed based on the color of their skin. To bad he isn't alive because YOUR people killed him, and he was peaceful.
stschiffman

Con

1. "Tell Sandra Bland that, or maybe Tamir Rice, possibly Micheal Brown" You named individual instances of African Americans being shot by police. That is not a sign of a wide spread epidemic at all. And you cannot possibly defend Michael Brown, he was a thief who robbed a store and resisted arrest.

2. "As you haven't noticed the black panthers (not the best black activist but a valid one) was not violent, they had their share of violence but not that much and they still were looked down upon." The Black Panthers were a very violent group. They were responsible for countless acts of violence during their time, and their descendants, the New Black Panthers, are even worse.

3. "To bad he isn't alive because YOUR people killed him..." Glad to know you generalize me. First you attack me for "generalizing" black lives matter, then you generalize all white people. How classy.

4. If you really want to find out how "peaceful" BLM is, click the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
artisticied

Pro

Micheal Brown stole a pack of cigars, and his life was taken. Dylann Roof killed 9 people, and is still alive. One of the things blacklivesmatter advocates is fighting the streotypes that everyone believes in. It's not a wide spread, but their are more than Sandra Bland and Tamir Rice but their shouldn't be a single one. All of those people that I listed, didn't even get justice. They weren't a very violent group, the FBI brainwashed you by framing them multipe times. They did commit some crimes of violence but they also did provide food, education & safety to minorities in America. It's not generalizing you, regardless it's YOUR people. Who killed him,racism that murdered him. Even if your getting mad at me for streotyping you, you continued to do it on number four by making me click a link that had negative things on blacklivesmatter.
[Closing paragraph] Blacklivesmatter is a movement that helps protect minorties in America. African Americans created blacklivesmatter because their kids were not wearing black anymore scared they were going to get shot, not being proud of their African American roots because they were never looked at as good. As a black child, witnessing the blacklivesmatter movement made me proud to be African American & proud of my roots to the point that I started to celebrate Kwanzaa.
I know that their are many flaws in the movement, violent protest & people who are doing more harm than good. But regardless their are peaceful protest, you may not hear are about them but I see them. Saying alllivesmater takes away the attention on African Americans and their long fight against racism, prejudice people & discrimination. No one has alllivesmatter protest.
I support blacklivesmatter and only want peace between the races.
stschiffman

Con

Really, you think it's "generalizing" to think negatively about an organization that has clearly shown violent tendencies. What's your next argument; "You shouldn't general the crips and the bloods based off a few violent members, as a whole they're both still peaceful organizations." See how stupid your logic sounds when applied to any other circumstance. And no, you generalizing my race and me "generalizing" a rogue organization are completely different.

By the way, for the record, I'm not even 100% white. I'm half white half Hispanic.

Long story short, if you really want peace between the races, you would support all lives matter, a movement that stresses the importance of all lives, not the lives of one particular race.
Posted by stschiffman 1 year ago
stschiffman
My answers to your three questions

1. Independent, but lean toward the right

2. USA

3. Half white half hispanic
Posted by provideoman123 1 year ago
provideoman123
My great ethnicity allows me to overthrow the oppressor Chinese state. I myself am the rivers and trees, and I refuse entry into my glorious nation to All lives matter. Only black lives matter because the men of the world know that to overcome any obstacle, there must be a sacrifice. You must be prepared to defend the honor of all men by becoming strong. That is why black lives matter.
Vote Placed by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
artisticiedstschiffmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro went racist in the debate and began attacking con with racial stereotypes. Pro essentially blamed Con for all racism and acts of violence against black people. S&G: Pro's posts were very difficult to read. The sentence structure was abysmal along with numerous instances of incorrect word usage. Additionally, there is no obvious divide between what Pro is quoting and what Pro is arguing as a rebuttal. Arguments to Pro: They seem to talk past each other, but at least Pro addresses Con's argument to a degree. Pro's main argument was that blacklivesmatter puts the focus on the group most in need of help. Con's argument is that violent organizations are not as good as nonviolent organizations. Con, in no way, addressed Pro's main position. Pro gave arguments that opposed Con's position. Neither seemed to give serious consideration to their opponent, but at least Pro addressed Con's main argument. Sources: Con for being the only one to back up any of his statements with evide
Vote Placed by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
artisticiedstschiffmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not provide any rebuttal to the established fact that police unfairly target and harass black people in many cities. Con did not provide any argument as to why shooting an unarmed person in the back is acceptable. Con did not provide any argument as to why a community should not protest if they are on the receiving end of unlawful violence by a government agency.