IwinYoulose333
GiantSpoonMan

Blacks need to start taking responsibility for their actions.

GiantSpoonMan

IwinYoulose333

Pro

I just want to make on thing clear before we start: I am not racist.

Rules:
5 rounds
1st round- acceptance and opening arguments (only one paragraph)
2nd-4th rounds- main debate
5th round- conclusion

I believe that blacks need to stop blaming other people for their struggles. Very few people are actually racist anymore (compared to the Civil war era), and whites cannot be blamed for the statistics of black schoolchildren, gang violence, and assumed police racism and violence. The majority of the black population needs to start standing up for themselves.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

I accept your challenge.
IwinYoulose333

Pro

Hello again kind sir.

Let's Start

A large majority of blacks use their skin color too much to their advantage, and to get out of bad situations or benefit themselves. When anyone says suggest something that might even possibly offend them a lot of the time the response is oh is that just because I'm black? It's been used so often it's become a joke. I recently read in the Time magazine an article about the Trayvon Martin case. The topic was how black parents needed to start teaching their children that they were going to get stopped by police, and how they should act. I thought this was RIDICULOUS. Really? That much about this one case? Do you know how many times black people RANDOMLY shoot white people? I once read, and I can't remember where so I'm sorry but I can't site it, that a black man in a car shot a mentally retarded white man for swinging his arm in the air at him? Where was social media to make a big deal out of that? Where were they to corrupt it it and make it racist? Racism in as large quantities as it existed during the Civil War era simply does not exist in the U.S. anymore. Blacks need to stop using it as an excuse.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Black people have always been at an economical disadvantage to white people. This has nothing to do with work ethic or intelligence. When our country was created African Americans were slaves owned by whites. Even after they gained their freedom they were still looked upon as inferior and had many limits in society. They couldn't live in white neighborhoods, they had to sit in the back of the bus, they couldn't even use the same water fountain. This still impacts African Americans today. Once blacks gained "equal rights" they still lived in the poor neighborhoods and had the lower paying jobs because they didn't really have any other options. People quickly assume that black people just go out and rob convenience stores for fun when really they need the money to put food on their families plates.

Parts of the United States are still extremely racist. States such as, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina etc. are almost completely segregated. There are small towns in these states run by the KKK where black people are afraid to even stop for gas. When I last visited North Carolina I was shocked to see just how different it was. My own cousins who were some of the most kind people I have met are racist beyond belief. They believe that black people are less intelligent than white people, keep in mind this is our country.
IwinYoulose333

Pro

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Extend arguments.
IwinYoulose333

Pro

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Extend arguments.
IwinYoulose333

Pro

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 3 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
No problem haha
Posted by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
I'm sorry I could not debate, as my internet provider, Cox Communications was having problems, and i could not access the internet
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
IwinYoulose333GiantSpoonManTied