Conspiracyrisk
MrMoney

Blind Debating #1

Conspiracyrisk

Pro

I am doing a thing called blind debating. My contender will pick a topic, and no matter what it is, I will take the pro side of it. I have never done this before, and I want to see how it turns out.

Rules:
1. No religious topics.
2. The contender may either go first and must forfeit the last round, or simply accept the debate in the first round and let me go first.
3. The topic must be given to me in the first round.
4. All arguments must go according to debate format - written below.
5. No forfeiture. If either member forfeits, the other must accept an excuse provided by the violator in the comments. If the excuse is not accepted, the member who forfeited has violated the rules.
6. Violation of the rules results in loss of all seven points.

Debate Format:
Round One: Acceptance, Questions/Concerns, and Definitions Only (No Arguments)
Round Two: Pro Arguments
Round Three: Pro Rebuttals
Round Four: Con Arguments
Round Five: Con Rebuttals

If the contender decides to go first, the rounds will start with the contender's argument and end with my argument.

I hope to see something interesting from this debate.
MrMoney

Con

I accept my opponent's challenge. The resolution I am offering is "Resolved: Doughnuts are not made out of dough". I will be con. Thank you for offering this debate.
Conspiracyrisk

Pro

Well, this is interesting. I forgot to add a rule and was going to, but then MrMoney accepted. I was going to add the rule of no dumb topics - ask in the comments if you aren't sure. And this is one that I would say is dumb. However, that is not going to stop me from trying to win this one.

It is a common opinion that doughnuts are made out of dough. However, I am here to disprove that.

If you go to any bakery that sells doughnuts at all, you can see that the end product they sell you is, in fact, not made out of dough. How is this possible? You see, the doughnuts sold do not have dough in them. If you are still confused, allow me to elaborate. When you eat said doughnuts, you are not eating dough. You are eating a baked product of a multitude of ingredients. If it was truly made of plain dough, it would not hold its shape when you would pick it up. And that is why doughnuts are, indeed, not made of dough.

MrMoney, if you would like, you can change the debate topic. I'll allow it.
MrMoney

Con

Thank you for refuting my argument. This should be interesting. My opponent says that doughnuts have no dough in them. This is false. Without dough, they wouldn't be anything. Dough is part of doughnuts Dough makes up doughnuts. It may not be complete dough, but there is dough in them.
Conspiracyrisk

Pro

Con states that dough is in doughnuts. However, does this truly mean that doughnuts are made out of dough? Is the fact of the dough being baked enough to determine that doughnuts are not make out of dough? I say not. I believe that the baked state of the ingredients negates the original dough state. The consistency and taste are entirely different. Dough and doughnuts are too different, and I believe that doughnuts are indeed, not made out of dough.
MrMoney

Con

Doughnuts do have dough in them. They are made with dough. It is in their name. Doughnuts do have dough in them and are made of dough.
Conspiracyrisk

Pro

Conspiracyrisk forfeited this round.
MrMoney

Con

My opponent forfeited the round thus dropping my arguments
Conspiracyrisk

Pro

Conspiracyrisk forfeited this round.
MrMoney

Con

MrMoney forfeited this round.
Posted by Conspiracyrisk 2 years ago
Conspiracyrisk
Sorry for not responding. My phone was unexpectedly confiscated by my parents. Do you accept my excuse?
Posted by Conspiracyrisk 2 years ago
Conspiracyrisk
I forgot to add a rule and was going to, but then MrMoney accepted. I was going to add the rule of no dumb topics - ask in the comments if you aren't sure.