UUAA
zircle_of_life

Blips that flip rip slips in Amsterwhip.

UUAA

Pro

I'll post my case after you accept. In round one just write something like, "I accept this debate, Tada!" and we'll start with two constructive in round two and three and two rebuttals in round four and five. Have fun! and please accept. Don't be afraid, I just want to have fun and debate you.

(one oxen)s

jc
zircle_of_life

Con

YAY!!! I argued this debate!!! [something against Blips that flip rip slips in Amsterwhip goes here.]
UUAA

Pro

First, lets gather what we know about these blips. First, we know that
"blip" is a noun signifying the beginning and subject of a sentence. There are more than one of these blips and evidently at least some of them flip. There is a place, known as "Amsterwhip" where some blips may or may not be. This place is only hypothetical but the question is whether or not the blips that happen to flip also happen to rip slips that are in amsterwhip.

Many of the words in the resolution cannot be defined as they are nonsensical, however the word blip is in fact a real word defined by dictionary.com as "a small or brief interruption" but an interruption in what?

A blip is not something that simply is and is recognized. It is only recognized when it is recorded. When there is a blip in a function it is the recording of that blip that gives it its presence. In fact an act of recording must be present in order for there to be a blip in anything. If there is a blip in running, the running has to be recorded into the memory of the person running in order for the blip to actually occur. If there is no recording, it may happen but nobody would know that it happened and hence there would be no sense in imagining that it existed becuase you can't see it. If you did imagine that it existed, you would be recording something imaginary in your mind hence creating its existence simultaneously with imagining it.

To rip is defined by dictionary.com as "To cut, tear apart, or tear away roughly or energetically" a blip, in essence is a pause in normal course of action and a rip is to cut or tear away from that course of action. If a slip (as a slip of paper) is ripped there is then a blip in the length of the slip from the beginning to the end. Hence a rip is a kind of blip and a blip is a rip or a tearing apart from normalcy.

The word amsterwhip is not actually a word. Ask dictionary.com and you will find no results. The only thing it can be defined as is an imaginary ten letter word with no definition. If there was a blip in this word then, according to the definition, there would be a pause in the normal spelling of the word and a space made in amsterwhip like this:

Amster whip.

The word is hence ripped into two parts by a blip that even if it didn't flip, still ripped the word amsterwhip. A slip (as like a slip of paper, thin and in one strand) known as the word amsterwhip has been ripped by a blip...

in amsterwhip.

For those reasons and more, Vote Pro!
zircle_of_life

Con

The first definition of a "blip" on dictionary.com is actually "a spot of light on a radar or sonar screen indicating the position of a detected object, such as an aircraft or a submarine." My opponent's definition is the seventh definition given on the list of definitions for the word. The definitions are ordered from the most accurate definition at the top to the least at the bottom, and since my opponent's definition is last on the list while mine is the first, you have to look at my definition as the most accurate for the debate, so we must use my definition of the word "blips."

The verb "flip" is defined by dictionary.com as "to toss or put in motion with a sudden impulse."

I agree with my opponents definition of the word "rip."

On dictionary.com, the word "slips" is actually first defined as a verb that is defined as "to move, flow, pass, or go smoothly or easily." My opponent just gives an example of a slip without giving a source for his definition. You must look to my definition of the word because my definition comes from the same source my opponent uses for the rest of his definitions and it is the first definition out of all the definitions given from the source being used.

My opponent says that Amesterwhip is a place where there may or may not be blips. But then he goes on to say that amsterwhip is not actually a word. He is correct that when you type in "amsterwhip" in dictionary.com, there are no results. The name of a place has to be a real word, and if amsterwhip is not a real word, there can be no such place called Amersterwhip. Because my opponent provides two contradicting pieces of information, we must go with the bit of information that is more logical. Therefore, you must agree that there is no such place called Amsterwhip.

First of all, a literal blip cannot flip. A little dot on a radar screen cannot put anything in movement from a sudden impulse. No little spot of LED light can cause any movement whatsoever. Since a blip cannot flip, blips that can flip do not exist, so blips that flip cannot rip slips in Amsterwhip because blips that flip do not exist.

Second of all, since the word "slips" is a verb, and a verb cannot be ripped, then slips cannot be ripped. Slips especially cannot be ripped by blips that flip because they don't exist either.

And last, but not least, of all, if Amsterwhip is not a real place, then there cannot be any slips in Amsterwhip. If there are no slips in Amsterwhip, they cannot be ripped by blips that flip, especially because a verb cannot be ripped by something that doesn't exist.

That is why blips that flip cannot rip slips in Amsterwhip, and that is why you need to vote Con.
UUAA

Pro

UUAA forfeited this round.
zircle_of_life

Con

Extend all arguments from previous round.
UUAA

Pro

UUAA forfeited this round.
zircle_of_life

Con

zircle_of_life forfeited this round.
UUAA

Pro

UUAA forfeited this round.
zircle_of_life

Con

zircle_of_life forfeited this round.
Posted by rekcut94 7 years ago
rekcut94
Ya...you guys are idiots...
Posted by zircle_of_life 7 years ago
zircle_of_life
He had to work and we had a forensics tournament or something and he had something else and was never able to post an argument, so I didn't post if he couldn't so it would be more fair.
Posted by jingzhezhang 7 years ago
jingzhezhang
what's up with the forfeits.......
Vote Placed by zircle_of_life 6 years ago
zircle_of_life
UUAAzircle_of_lifeTied
Vote Placed by Atheism 7 years ago
Atheism
UUAAzircle_of_lifeTied
Vote Placed by rekcut94 7 years ago
rekcut94
UUAAzircle_of_lifeTied