danger93
Spritle

Blue is better than red!

Spritle

danger93

Pro

I will wait until my opponent starts. Go ahead con, take the podium
Spritle

Con

I am taking the first round to accept and state that I am here to argue that red is better than blue.
danger93

Pro

That would be correct. Alright I will begin this round.

I think blue is better than red because red is the color of blood/violence. This is all for now. I will expand later if needed to.

If my opponent able to rebut this, the debate continues.
If my opponent is utterly defeated, Pro automatically wins.
Spritle

Con

I shall start off by defining "better."

Better:
3: more attractive, favorable, or commendable [1].

More attractive, favorable, or commendable.

Red is overall a very attractive color. The definition of "attractive" is 1: Having or relating to the power to attract. Red attracts attention very easily. Judges of tae kwon do have been shown to favor competitors wearing red protective gear over blue [2] When asked, a significant majority of people say that red abstract shapes are more "dominant", "aggressive" and "likely to win a physical competition" than blue [2]. If red was not an attractive color we would not use it as a stop sign or red lights. The point of these traffic signals and signs are to gain the attention of the driver in order to avoid accidents. In a recent study, psychologists stated that: "Our research demonstrates a parallel in the way that human and nonhuman male primates respond to red..." In that same study it was also stated that:

"In the final study, the shirt of the woman in the photograph, instead of the background, was digitally colored red or blue. In this experiment, men were queried not only about their attraction to the woman, but their intentions regarding dating. One question asked: "Imagine that you are going on a date with this person and have $100 in your wallet. How much money would you be willing to spend on your date?"

Under all of the conditions, the women shown framed by or wearing red were rated significantly more attractive and sexually desirable by men than the exact same women shown with other colors. When wearing red, the woman was also more likely to score an invitation to the prom and to be treated to a more expensive outing.

The red effect extends only to males and only to perceptions of attractiveness. Red did not increase attractiveness ratings for females rating other females and red did not change how men rated the women in the photographs in terms of likability, intelligence or kindness " [3].

In conclusion, I have proven by the study above that red is an exceptionally attracted and favorable color. Thus, making red fit the definition of "better" stated in the beginning of my argument. Seeing as red has achieved the definition of "better," and has been shown to grab more attention and gain attractiveness, red is better than the color blue.

Below I have cited other uses for the color red which further my case in saying that red is better than blue.

Other uses of the color red
-Red is used as stop signs and stop lights in order to grab the attention of drivers. Thus keeping them safe from harm.

-Red is often associated with fire. Fire often represents purification or cleansing. Also, fire emanates light, and light banishes darkness (Good (Light) vs. Evil (Darkness)). In the sense of love, red represents the "eternal flame."

-Red is most commonly linked with blood and the heart. In other words, LIFE.

-Red is the color of courage. Such references are made in the novel and title "Red Badge of Courage."

-Red is the color of multiple successful sports teams. The Boston Red Sox who have won the World Series twice are on of the most successful MLB teams out there. Also, the Detroit Redwings have the most Stanley Cup championship wins as well as being in the playoffs of the past 25 out of 27 seasons. They are a highly successful team in the NHL.

-Red is the color of fire engines! They are red in order to symbolize emergency and to gain the attention of drivers.

-Red is the color of Coca-Cola and everyone knows Coke is better than Pepsi! ;)

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://rochester.edu...
danger93

Pro

wikipedia is not a source. You have actually supported me because you do not understand what you are saying.

You said red is a dangerous sign such as a fire truck because there is a danger--support to me
You said red stop sign are suppose to get drivers attentive so they won't crash--support to me
You said that fire is red but can't fire kill you?--support to me

You have supported me instead of rebutting me therefore you yourself are saying that blue is better than red. (and I agree)
Spritle

Con

On the contrary, I have actually proven that red is better than blue. As stated in my argument, the definition of the word "better" is "more attractive, favorable, or commendable." Seeing as red attracts attention in such instances as stop lights, fire engines, and even the physical attraction to women's dresses seen in the study, it fits the definition of "better."

Also, red is a more favorable color as I showed that " Judges of tae kwon do have been shown to favor competitors wearing red protective gear over blue [2] When asked, a significant majority of people say that red abstract shapes are more "dominant", "aggressive" and "likely to win a physical competition" than blue." The judges FAVORED competitors in red more than the competitors in blue. Thus, that is two of the three characteristics that define the word "better."

My opponent has only stated one reason why blue is better than red. He states that: "I think blue is better than red because red is the color of blood/violence." Although, my opponent is correct about red being the color of blood, he greatly assumes that blood equals something bad or violent. Blood is what gives us life. Blood is what ties families together. Blood is the life force of humans and animals. Without any blood how could we ever survive?

My opponent has made an attempt that ranks below mediocrity. He never explained WHY blue is better than red. He actually just proved that red is the color of blood and as I stated, blood = life.
danger93

Pro

I like pepsi not coke and pepsi is blue and pepsi is better. Thats mah evidence. Dude and if a human looks at another human's blood like ALOT of blood they can suffer or something. So red is blood and blue is pepsi :)
Spritle

Con

My opponents argument seems to be that Pepsi is better than Coke and since Pepsi is blue that means that it beats "red" because Coke is red.

Let's look at this:

Coke had a total net income of $ 11.8 billion in 2010 [1]. Pepsi, on the other hand gained $ 06.3 billion dollars in net income in the year 2010. This evidence proves that Coke has sold more than Pepsi making it a better seller and better overall in the terms of sales. So how can Pepsi possibly be better? If it were better than Coke the numbers for Pepsi would be greater, correct?

I rest my case and extend my argument further.

There is nothing to refute as my opponent hasn't put up much of a fight.

[1] http://www.sec.gov...
[2] http://www.sec.gov...
danger93

Pro

I have been utterly defeated. f--k you, your such an d-mn smart guy.
Spritle

Con

VOTE SPRITLE
Posted by danger93 4 years ago
danger93
i actually didn't quit. Spritle doesn't know what he is saying...
Posted by Spritle 5 years ago
Spritle
A debate.
Posted by caveat 5 years ago
caveat
What did I just read?
Posted by Rockylightning 5 years ago
Rockylightning
r3tard debate
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
YAY I GOT IT!!! ONE MAJOR POINTS O_o
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Hey, guys, guess what? I was looking at some blood, then I started dying and suffering on the spot! Ya, apparently, if you look at blood, you suffer a lot.
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
I'll say the same thing in my next arguement like other stupid people say. It is 'your points are refuted and no matter what you say I won because your old points are refuted.' xD
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
it was. I like pepsi
Posted by Spritle 5 years ago
Spritle
Oh no.
Posted by danger93 5 years ago
danger93
your coke thing was stupid
Vote Placed by mariahjane 4 years ago
mariahjane
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: See debate.
Vote Placed by PartamRuhem 5 years ago
PartamRuhem
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, I think danger93 deserves to be slaughtered. That way, he can get better! all 7 to spritle.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think con won by a long shot, but ill give pro some points so it isnt well a slaughter. But it already is so...
Vote Placed by bozotheclown 5 years ago
bozotheclown
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: I felt bad for the pro because he got owned so badly, so i gave him better spelling. Wikipedia has valid sources below it so it is fine in my books. Plus, the evidence and logic he uses is strong, giving him the win he deserves. Wow, 36 to 1 now, not even close.
Vote Placed by BangBang-Coconut 5 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: :/
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: (sighs)...Let's see (counting numbers on fingers). Pro: a) accused Con of using false sources (a typical attack against Wikipedia) b) somehow arrived to the conclusion that Con's arguments supported his side, in spite of Spritle's detailed use of surveys and well-supported arguments to demonstrate the attractiveness of the color red c) made an utterly asinine argument (pepsi and coke) and finally conceded. Good job, good job..
Vote Placed by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Self explanatory.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: See the debate
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
danger93SpritleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting topic. Pro conceded his case and displayed poor conduct in the final round.