Blue is better than red

Started: 1/21/2013 Category: Arts

Blue is better than red.. That is not to say that yellw is better than blue, but blue is clearly better than red.

Yellow is for certain better than blue, perhaps even better than red (though that, clearly, is not the issue of this debate). But it can hardly be argued that blue is better than red. I look forward to your opening argument.

Elvis Presley is arguably one of the best entertainers the western world has known.

His biggest hits include, 'Blue Christmas', 'Blue Suede Shoes' and 'Moody Blue.' Try putting 'red' into those titles and they totally don't work.

Blue is better. Elvis is proof.

Elvis is awesome, of that there is no doubt. However, it doesn't follow that blue is better because Elvis is awesome.

Hypothetical: you're driving down the street. Flashing lights appear behind you. Do you experience more stress if those lights are red, or blue?

/Me Quote "

Haha j/k!

Red is the color of blood, which is life in a sense. Blue is the color of Wal*Mart, which sucks the life out of me as I toil away for practically nonexistent pay.

Blue is the indicator color for cold water. Try taking a shower without red (hot water).

You are a formidable opponent, deadly. I see where you get your name.

While your arguments are sound and reasonable, and have established that red is a fine color, you have yet to prove that blue is not better. Your argument about blue being Walmart's color (and therefore bad) is a strong one, I admit. But it is also the color of my very good friend's house and my very favorite jeans. Red, on the other hand, is the color of an old boyfriend's truck, and he was a bastard.

Blue is calming and soothing. They use it to paint the wards in mental health facilities for this reason. Blue is the color of the sky on a sunny day, and I'd rather have blue eyes than red eyes. Finally, blue painters' tape is excellent for painting trim.

Clearly - as clear as a clear blue sky - blue is better.

Yes, I agree that blue is for crazy people, and lazy people; those with their heads in the clouds and not a care in the world.

Red is the color of the fire of industry. Red is the color of protection from danger (fire trucks) and help in times of need (ambulances). And while blue painter's tape is a fine innovation, there IS no red to compare it with, and it falls short of the bar set by the green [1] and yellow [2] varieties (not the pale brownish yellow, but the bright vibrant Frog Tape brand yellow). So the painter's tape analogy is a non-sequitir (non-sequitor? idk, spell check fails me on that one).

And while I am sorry for your bad experiences with red, that is to be expected on occasion with a vibrant, active, lively color like red. It's a sad truth that the most painful buttholes are red. But one red butthole doesn't compare to a giant conglomeration of blue buttholes!

In conclusion, blue is evil and must be stopped at all costs. Thank you, sir, for a most interesting debate.

Posted by JasonGlenn 3 years ago
Where's Dale?? I know he's here!!!
Posted by Elmakai 3 years ago
I loved the dale.g reference and the argument with Wal Mart. Either way, both sides were great, and gave me a good laugh.
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Chad is the AK.
Posted by BornOKTheFirstTime 3 years ago
I don't mind losing this debate too much. I appreciate your taking me up on it. I'll start another soon.

Who/what is the AK?
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Garret, I don't believe I referenced you. The /me quote thing was an explicit Dale.G reference, and I didn't consciously do anything else to reference anyone else.

BornOK, yes, it goes on your permanent DDO record. One reason why The AK will never show his face here, and much to the chagrin of Dale.G. But that's OK because even the best debaters have losses on their records, and if you decide to deactivate your account, your record can't be viewed directly :D
Oh man - I'm losing my first debate. Does this go on my record?
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
I think he referenced me. Lol.
Wow - It does say I'm a guy. It must have been the default and I didn't change it. I just went in and tried to edit and I can't.
Posted by Luggs 3 years ago
I like how you referenced Dale.G.
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
I checked your profile, and went with what was listed. I almost assumed you were female based on your comment about a boyfriend, but I figured that would be ignorant of me, so I checked with what you put and went with that. If I got that wrong, it was based solely off of incorrect information provided by an absolute authority on the matter, and as such, it cannot be held against me. :)
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I liked Con's Wal-Mart argument. Lol.