sippinsizzurp
Yraelz

Blunts are better than bongs

sippinsizzurp

Pro

To clarify my view, I'm not arguing that in a given instance I would rather smoke a blunt rather than take bong rips or that I would rather be in the possession of small sheets of tobacco pulp over exquisite glass works. I'm simply stating that in general and in the long run smoking blunts is a more sensible form of using cannibus. My reasons are as follows:

1) Affordability: A pack of Swisher Sweets costs $3.99 in most smoke shops and conveniance stores. A single swisha costs a buck. Glass bongs range in price from $30-$40 to $2000.

2) Conveniance: Bongs often have multiple pieces that require initial assembly and reassembly after cleaning. Bongs require water. Blunts are created using only saliva and good rolling technique. It is also far easier to hide or discard a blunt if law enforcement were to approach. Can you imagine getting pulled over and having to throw a bong out of the window.

3) Recreation: It's more fun to pick out a blunt wrap, roll to the park, and pass a fatty L around the table. I haven't come across too many individuals who would, without great hesitation and dismay, bring their bong to a park or outdoor event.

4) Praciticality: I can list at least three instances where one could smoke a blunt while a bong would be out of the question. First, while walking down the street (preferably on the sidewalk). Second, whilst driving in the car (on your way to eat or a party perhaps). And for my third example I employ my previous account of the park, and passing around a fatty L.

I hope for a worthy contender, who is cultured in cannibus and well versed in smoking etiquette.
Yraelz

Con

My opponent stands in affirmation of the topic "Blunt are better than bongs" thus I must prove one of two things. Either I must prove to my voters that Bongs are actually better than Blunts, or I must prove that they deserve equal merit. In this round I will actually be letting my voters choose which scenario they would like to go for and simply offer all of the reasons why Blunts could not possibly be better than Bongs. Beginning with my opponents points.

1. Affordability: Pro clearly states that at its lowest cost a bong is 30-40 bucks while a pack of swisher sweets costs $3.99. Thus my opponent would quite clearly be correct when he states that a bong costs more. Sadly my opponent doesn't bother adding into the equation the fact that swisher sweets need to be re-bought over and over again. Conservatively estimating one goes through a pack of swisher sweets in 1 week which will mean that 10 weeks down the road (2.5 months) buying swisher sweets will actually equal the cost of having bought the bong. After that point the bong becomes the cheaper of the two.

2. Convenience: We've all felt that feeling. You wake up on Saturday morning ready to smoke your blunt / make your morning eggs / eat your favorite peace of candy / wave to your baby only to find that you've actually run out of blunts / eggs / candy / baby. Which means you have to go all the way down to the store to get new ones. Thats the beauty of bong, it doesn't go away. In fact, its always there, waiting for you to smoke it! Convenience at its finest.

3. Recreation: I negate my opponents argument. Not only is it just as fun to bring your favorite bong to the park but it actually offers more recreation when you are running from the cops later that same day. On top of that its actually more exciting to attempt to get away with the bong, this adds to the overall atmosphere of exhilaration.

4. Practicality: First off my affordability and convenience arguments need to be cross applied. It can be very unpractical to suddenly have to run to the store, bongs solve for this. My opponent goes on to point out that you can't smoke a bong in three specific scenarios. This is untrue as I have actually seen a bong smoked in a car and in a park (on a college campus lol). Furthermore it would be more than possible to hide your bong in a paper bag while smoking it on the way down the street. This would not only add to your overall sense of exhilaration but also would qualify you for being highly respected among friends to scared to do such an act.

Next on this point we have the fact that bongs come in all sorts of ways, in fact here is a bong that not only lends itself to walking down the street but frees up both hands while doing so. http://www.crunchgear.com...
Truly amazing!

So now I am going to offer some points of my own.

5. Bongs sound cooler. Anyone who has heard someone smoking a bong knows that bubbly sound is infinitely more nifty than the sound of smoking a blunt.

6. Bong are easier to smoke. Why? Because the smoke is cooled before it ever enters your longs. How? The water inside the bong acts as a coolant, this allows for smoke to enter the lungs with out stringent burning effects at any time.

7. Bongs make for a better high. Bongs are easier to smoke and thus can be smoked substantially quicker. Large amounts of smoke inhaled quicker = more high.

8. Bongs last and can stay as a memento. As my opponent mentioned a bong can cost up to 2000 dollars. He suggests this might be a draw back but it is quite clearly not as such an expenditure is clearly optional. This is of massive benefit, it allows for such interesting people as bong collectors and artists.
http://www.bolinat.com...
Beautiful art!

With that I suppose I will allow my opponent an opportunity to answer.
sippinsizzurp

Pro

sippinsizzurp forfeited this round.
Yraelz

Con

My opponent, rather unfortunately, drops the case, and thereby the debate. I humbly ask that all my arguments are extended. Thank you.
sippinsizzurp

Pro

sippinsizzurp forfeited this round.
Yraelz

Con

Most depressing indeed. My superior arguments have rendered my opponent speechless. Extend everything!
Posted by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
BLUNTS! how are u gona smoke weed on tha street?
I'm in brooklyn everyday outside.
i like to just pull out my blueberry cigar paper,
my bed-stuy haze, roll a blunt, and smoke.
now how stupid am i gona look, walking on the street
with a humongous fuking bong?
i'd get caught right away.
specially if ur like me and u gotta smoke on the street (mom's home)
also, i cant hide a bong from my mom inside a highlighter like i do with my blunts
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
Lol >.> NO! That was Kleptin!
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Wait, didn't you post this? http://www.freewebs.com...
Posted by Rob1Billion 9 years ago
Rob1Billion
well sippin, I certainly would have taken your advice into serious consideration, but not from the comments section! I can't remember one time I voted for someone who forfeited...
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
Yeah Logical-master is bla...... wait? Dude are you serious!?
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
"If there were more black people on this site I would win this debate hands down."

I'm black and I think you lost this debate.
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
A mad man with a vendetta is no mad man at all! I will kill those babies!
Posted by sippinsizzurp 9 years ago
sippinsizzurp
I regret having forfeited this debate. I was, as Rob1billion speculated, smoking many blunts and drinking heavily. I do want to urge anyone reading this debate, to not vote for Yraelz on the grounds that he is a lunatic.

This man considers it more exciting to run from police officers whilst holding a bong. He also suggests using a gas mask, walking down the street. Also, I don't know who your hanging out with but where I'm from, smoking a bong out of a paper bag while walking down the street is'nt highly respected. If there were more black people on this site I would win this debate hands down.
Posted by theaceb 9 years ago
theaceb
No debate necessary, pieces over paper anyday
Posted by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
"You wake up on Saturday morning ready to smoke your blunt / make your morning eggs / eat your favorite peace of candy / wave to your baby only to find that you've actually run out of blunts / eggs / candy / baby."

Brilliant, man.
Vote Placed by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Molokoplus 8 years ago
Molokoplus
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by jiffy 9 years ago
jiffy
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by keenan 9 years ago
keenan
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by HadenQuinlan 9 years ago
HadenQuinlan
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Crust89 9 years ago
Crust89
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 9 years ago
Vi_Veri
sippinsizzurpYraelzTied