ctownsam
Jaewonna99

Bo Jackson is the Greatest Athlete of All Time

Started: 11/24/2015 Category: Sports

ctownsam

Pro

First round is acceptance. I am arguing for Bo Jackson in this debate and I would like any sports fan to challenge me with any athlete (any time period, any sport) of their choice (you can only choose one athlete and argue for them and nobody else). Before the debate, I would like to remind the voters of this debate that the question is, "Who is the greatest athlete of all time?", and not, "Who is the greatest player at their respective sport?" I hope that this will be a fun and equally challenging debate.
Jaewonna99

Con

First off, I'd like to thank my opponent for issuing this challenge.
Hopefully it will be a fun and intense debate.

To begin with, you claimed that Bo Jackson was the greatest athlete of all time.
I would like to start by stating the definition of the word athleticism.

Athleticism: physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports

If we are looking at the definition in two different parts, what my opponent is stating makes Bo Jackson the most physically active and strong person ever, and makes him the best at any athletics or sports. This statement cannot be backed up with any proof, because right off the top of my head, I can name countless people who are/were stronger than Bo Jackson, and the second part of the definition cannot be proved in any way, because it is impossible to see who is the most athletic person ever, as athleticism is not measurable by anything.

Now I will wait for my opponent to make a counter statement.
ctownsam

Pro

ctownsam forfeited this round.
Jaewonna99

Con

My opponent did not have any counter argument for my round 1 debate, so I will wait for my opponent to post something against it still.
ctownsam

Pro

ctownsam forfeited this round.
Jaewonna99

Con

I will still wait for my opponent's counter argument to my round 1 debate.
ctownsam

Pro

ctownsam forfeited this round.
Jaewonna99

Con

Jaewonna99 forfeited this round.