yuiru
Juggler37

B'obo with his glory reigns over all mankind and likeness as the one and supreme of the universe PSG

Juggler37

yuiru

Pro

Hello,

Today I will be arguing that, B'obo, with his glory reigns over all mankind and likeness as the one and supreme of the universe! PSG

I will debunk any b'obo-atheist that accepts this debate.

SEX is involved...

There is no argument against B'obo, supreme being of beings, is not around. Because he is!

B'obo:

1. Supreme

2. Sexy

3. B'obo is the appellation of the ONLY deity in existence. The appellation "B'obo" comes from Basisicus Obovatum.

Mankind:
All human beings, whether they like and accept it or not.

Likeness:
Any whatever that's like man, including but not limited to:
Grilled cheese sandwiches, children, junebugs, etc.

PSG:
The insti-dute ah-f de-ch-nah-lah-jee

Polysomnography, AKA Panty Stocking Garterbelt, AKA the most profound biography of Johnny Sexy Depp.

SEX:
Utilized in flotation (adj. SEX-y)

The Universe:
All matter, space considered as whole; B'obo's creation.

Supreme:
1. B'obo

Rules in accepting:
Argue the B'obo aspects of the debate.

First round is for decline.

Last round is for acceptance.

Juggler37

Con

Hello there! I heartily accept your challenge.

I will attempt to disprove the existence of B'obo on the basis that logical reasoning is impossible. If this is true, then any claims of definite concepts (including B'obo) must be groundless.

I am confident that this will be an enlightening and structured debate, and I look forward to your arguments!
yuiru

Pro

Looks like we got ourselves a B'obo-Atheist!

B'obo being the supreme being of the universe is greater than that! what exists is greater than what doesn't.

And anything that begins to exist must have a started, otherwise, it never BEGAN.
Nothing does not spawn the likes of something

Centaurs are real...

If centaurs are B'obo by necessity is real.

Therefore B'obo.

Please argument me...

Juggler37

Con

You claim that, apart from being the supreme being of the universe, B'obo "reigns over all mankind and likeness."

Do you propose that this B'obo created humans in his image? Human features have purposes that are adapted for use on Earth. We have lungs because we need to breathe; we have eyes because we do not know without seeing. An all-powerful being would have no reason to be constructed like we are.

And if humans are not created in B'obo's image, why would B'obo draw a line between things that are and are not like us? What's special about humanlike creatures that would garner such special consideration in the eyes of a supreme being?

I believe that the humanocentric aspect of Pro's claim is evidence that this "B'obo" concept is the product of a human imagination, and not some fundamental truth about the universe.
yuiru

Pro

"Do you propose that this B'obo created humans in his image?"

No, rather, I believe people, if they ever do see B'obo, see him as something they can understand. As you probably guessed.

"And if humans are not created in B'obo's image, why would B'obo draw a line between things that are and are not like us?"

I don't think you understand, B'obo does not draw lines, he does not need to do that. Another thing you misunderstood, I said likeness (you can look at the definition) I'm talking about everything (as implied by the sample). B'obo of course sees centaurs just as he sees the averge joe and a grilled cheese sandmunch.

"I believe that the humanocentric aspect of Pro's claim is evidence that this "B'obo" concept is the product of a human imagination, and not some fundamental truth about the universe."

What humanocentric aspect? How is human centricity evidence? Even if B'obo was humanocentric, that is B'obo's personal preference, does not disprove a thing.

Juggler37

Con

The humanocentric aspect is the idea that B'obo specifically rules over "all mankind and likeness [sic]". It doesn't matter how broad your definition of "likeness" is, you've already said that it is based on a similarity, however slight, to humans. That means that B'obo's got his attentions focused on an area centered around humans. That is, by definition, a humanocentric idea.

The fact that the belief system is humanocentric does not prove that the belief system is false. However, it does mean that it's more likely that a person made it up. It's relatively unlikely for an all-powerful being to have such a special interest in humans. On the other hand, if someone just made the supreme being up, it stands ot reason that it'd focus on humans, because that's what's most relevant to the writer.

You say that "anything that exists must have a started [sic]."

If the universe needed something to create it, doesn't B'obo? Otherwise, B'obo can't exist, by your logic.
What started B'obo?
yuiru

Pro

"The humanocentric aspect is the idea that B'obo specifically rules over "all mankind and likeness [sic]". It doesn't matter how broad your definition of "likeness" is, you've already said that it is based on a similarity, however slight,to humans. That means that B'obo's got his attentions focused on an area centered around humans. That is, by definition, a humanocentric idea."

No, that was actually me highlighting the fact that mankind is under B'obo's reign. I never even implied or said B'obo in anyway centers attention deliberately around homo sapiens.

"You say that 'anything that exists must have a started [sic].'"

What started B'obo?"

Here, you are rather obviously making use of false attribution I actually said, "anything that begins to exist must have a started, otherwise, it never BEGAN." The only actually thing you're get right was mine grammar fail.

Juggler37

Con

You did not say, "B'obo with his glory reigns over everything." You said it was "over all mankind and likeness." The fact that you added "and likeness" does imply that there is some limit or at least a focus on humans. Ergo, the belief is human-centric, which, as I've said, means it's more likely that it was made up.

Ah, my apologies, I didn't mean to misquote you about the "begins to exist" thing 'Twas an accident.

My point still stands though. You went on to say that B'obo must exist because centaurs do. That confirms that you WERE saying that the universe's existence is proof of B'obo's existence.

And that's still bad logic. If B'obo can exist without an explanation, then the universe can too. And possibly centaurs.
yuiru

Pro

"You did not say, "B'obo with his glory reigns over everything." You said it was "over all mankind and likeness." The fact that you added "and likeness" does imply that there is some limit or at least a focus on humans. Ergo, the belief is human-centric, which, as I've said, means it's more likely that it was made up."

As I said before, that's me emphasizing B'obo's reign over man. I've not once said B'obo has his focus on humans.

"My point still stands though. You went on to say that B'obo must exist because centaurs do. That confirms that you WERE saying that the universe's existence is proof of B'obo's existence."

Not really, I'm saying that centaurs are a product of B'obo. Like poop is evidence that an anus exist. Just think of the universe as B'obo poop.

"And that's still bad logic. If B'obo can exist without an explanation, then the universe can too. And possibly centaurs."

But the universe already has an explanation, B'obo.
Where do you think the universe derived from?
Juggler37

Con

"As I said before, that's me emphasizing B'obo's reign over man. I've not once said B'obo has his focus on humans."

But the "and likeness" phrase DOES imply a specific domain of power! It's like if I said, "The gerbils will come and eat anyone who wears a hat." That clearly implies you're safer if you don't wear a hat.

So, as I've said, the B'obo concept is humanocentric. So, it's likely been made up. By humans.

"But the universe already has an explanation, B'obo.

Where do you think the universe derived from?"

Pro misses my point. What I mean is that, by using the existence of centaurs as proof that a creator (B'obo) must exist, Pro implies that everything needs to be explained in terms of what created it. But there's no mention of B'obo having a creator.

The beginning of the universe is a mystery, but ascribing it to a higher being doesn't solve anything, it just makes it one step more meta. Instead of an unexplained world, we just get an unexplained B'obo.

So the logic's empty.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
What is.....I don't even....?????
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
wait, what?
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
yuiruJuggler37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I saw the word b'obo, and I knew how I would vote.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
yuiruJuggler37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Yuiru failed to prove that B'obo is even real, let alone reigns over all mankind. Args to con