Fightingrebel
17bohtal

Bombing of Korea. Do they deserve it?

Fightingrebel

Pro

What ever the current circumstances are now, I believe that Korea has it coming to them. For a long time too. The reason that the korean war started in the first place was because they tried to spread communism and we wouldn't let them. Well, what business do we have telling other countries what they can or can't do? I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that we have control of the mediterranean ocean. "Whoever controls the mediterranean, controls the world." What a selfish jerk that guy was. Even so, the koreans hate us just because we wouldn't allow them to spread communism. Why not? Because we see it as cruel and our fed gov't doesn't want to subject its people to tyrannical rule. So what does any of this have to do with korea? I'll tell you. They hate us because we beat them at their own game. So, In retaliation for their defeat, they are threatening to nuke us. DINGDINGDING. There's your clue. In fact, this is the very thing that General MacArthur has proposed to do, but instead, he was refused, and in punishment, he was fired. So, do you think that korea deserves to be nuked once and for all? Please enter this debate and tell me what you think.
17bohtal

Con

You want to putt all american lives in danger if you had the choice!!!
Fightingrebel

Pro

Actually, no. I don't. If we had a bomb powerful enough to just destroy korea, then yes. But if it meant putting every life around the world in danger in order to do it, then no, I definitely would not.
17bohtal

Con

There are innocent lives in korea too. Some people just think that because some one made a bad decision everyone should have to suffer.
Fightingrebel

Pro

Innocent they may be, that does not give them the right to threaten us! In fact, that is the very thing that they are doing now: threatening innocent lives that had no hand in their own demise. If they get blown to bits, it is their fault, not ours, because they threatened the lives of our people, our country, and our nation/gov't will not stand for that. Do you even know how the Korean war even ended? If you don't, I'll tell you. No ONE WON. Yes, thats right. That war ended in a stalemate. We still have and use the 38th parallel. We try to communicate, but what do they do? They turn their backs on an offer of peace and point missiles at us. Not what I would call a show of thanks for backing off. They strike at us, we strike back. The US doesn't ever throw the first punch. It's been the rule of politics for hundereds of years.
17bohtal

Con

There is many reasons to bomb them and there is many reasons not to.

For example
#1 We shouldn't bomb them because there are innocent lives that didn't even harm and americans and are going on with their daily lives.
#2 Yes they have made bad decisions but we shouldn't blow them to bits because of 10 different peoples 'Opinons'.