accumulationofam
Ozzyhead

Bombs on Japan unjustifiable

accumulationofam

Pro

I saw in your comment under a history debate that you are for the actions of bombs dropped on Japan.
I would like to know your reason why?

What ensued was a holocaust on the people of Japan. After this event ensued a new world order of government guised under the United Nations.
Ozzyhead

Con

I believe America was justified in the bombings. It put an end to an unforgiving war. Yes, the amount of civilians that were killed were plenty more than needed, but, Japan being the country it was at the time, would have not surrendered do to their pure natural stubbornness and respect for the emperor. They were taught from young ages to suffer and die for the emperor and their country. I believe that dropping the bomb was a bitter sweet move. But it was the right move
accumulationofam

Pro

If the bombs on Japan was justifiable, then its justified to bomb any nation who is a warmonger, because to you, its common law to bomb and sacrifice its inhabitants because they were dead any ways due to their indoctrination at a young age to sacrifice themselves to their emperor.

What if the U.S. was in the current situation that Japan was in years ago?
Ozzyhead

Con

If the United States had a level of impenetrable stubbornness, that is, not willing to open up to other ideas, and was causing harm to others in the world (Japan on our then ally China), then I would have to unhappily agree with bombing. I don't want to change the goal posts, so don't believe that you have to respond to this, but was giving Germany justifiable? Just for thought.
Do not confuse my belief in the justification of the bombing as me liking the decision. I do not agree with mass killings, but I have yet to see a better method to end the war at that time, and it need to be ended there. Many lives were killed, and that stinks, but even more lives were not deployed and killed, and China could not be harmed by the Japanese. I would like someone to tell me a better way to end the war in Japan unconditionally. Do not mistake that as change of goal posts either. It is not my opponent's responsibility to do that. I open to be proven wrong. I really hope someone does.
accumulationofam

Pro

US is exhibiting levels of impenetrable stubbornness:
1. No due process of law for Guantanamo Bay Prisoners
2. US Spying Program, NSA
3. US President signing a law against accepting a Visa to the UN
3. Ignoring the U.S. Constitution
4. The President unconstitutionally declaring war on Syria and had to recant
5. Unsanctioned Drone Attacks
6. An ever growing debt Crisis with no way of repaying it back
7. Continued Sanctioning of other countries
and much more of which its being stubborn to its own constitution and the foundation on which its Independence was derived from, a tyrannical king.
Ozzyhead

Con

Even though my opponent has taken this debate off subject, I will do my best to reply.
First of all, e are causing no harm to another first world super power or it's allies. While the people are stubborn, the official rules in place are not stubborn. No one in the right kind would even contemplate dropping an atomic bomb on our country because just for thinking about it, another country will have to deal with repercussions until the threat is eliminated.
People act all concerned that the government does spies on us. You realize that the UN has an agreement to allow one another to spy on each other's citizens? If the government wasn't spying on us, then the Spanish or French would be. But I do disagree with the acts of our government, but we ourselves aren't harming other industrialized countries, which to be honest, industrialized countries only care about other industrialized countries, and no one else has the audacity to bomb us.
The Japanese bombings were justified though. Thanks
Posted by edibleshrapnel 3 years ago
edibleshrapnel
More lives would have been lost on both sides if the american invasion of the Japanese mainland took place. Its completely justifiable because the Japanese military high command disregarded the Americans warnings, and so what happened next was history.