Books are better than films

I would like to thank my opponent in advance for accepting the debate. I clearly state now that the first round will NOT be acceptance, please put your argument forward with the acceptance. My argument is as follows:

Books are completely better than films. I believe that books are different to each person that reads it, the book might be exactly the same but one's imagination is different and peculiar in its own way. Books give you the opportunity to imagine the picture described unlike films which show you the whole scenario thus limiting your brains thoughts to particular things. When you read a book your brain starts to define all the words that you read and along with it a few pictures which are related to you making the story "yours" because you are the main character in it. "The narrow path was like always deserted but had a lonely bench to accompany its dreaded silence" this could be a line from a book, the line has not told you whether the bench is on the left or right, it hasn't told you how cold it is infact it hasn't told you much at all because all the other things are up to your creativity and imagination. One will think of a cold, grey, damp and narrow path whereas another might think of a hot, brownish, dry and narrow path. You can think anything you want. Films are just a representation of books , films i agree have some better qualities like maybe films are better at presenting humour but all in all there are more pro's in books than con's.

Take into account i'm actually only 13 years old.

So. Hi. :)
I'm a filmmaker. I've read many books and I've watched many film, some inspired by books and some were grown Ideas or imaginations that have never been written before. Have you for example watched "Inception" by Chris nolan?
or let me put it this way. do you enjoy comics? like Tintin or superheroes comics and all?
Or let me ask you something else. would you rather travel to paris see the Eiffel with you own eyes, or read about it in papers and on internet and book?

in classic literature, The books are written with a lot of Literary techniques. so its beautiful reading them. but if a book is pictured by a true artist, and if its similar to what you though it would be, would you still prefer books?

younglaw forfeited this round.

g_bakhtazad forfeited this round.

So, if we really are going to come down to pro's and con's then lets get started: (here are a few)

In books you can understand easily what is going on in the character's head. This actually makes
character action and motivation clearer and it also makes more sense.

Plots in books definitely make more sense than some films because the point of the book is
to tell a story.

Books are basically portable. You can take them with you anywhere but films obviously are

Characters are never destroyed by bad acting because they are how they should be in the book

These were just some, and if you think about it some of the best films or films series' are based on books
such as:

James bond, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci code, The Devil wears Prada, The shining, Jurassic Park and many more. So,
if it wasn't for some books then some of the greatest films would have never existed.

g_bakhtazad forfeited this round.
Posted by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 2 years ago
we forgive you
Posted by younglaw 2 years ago
i did not forfeit the round....I dunno how that happened, I had a whole huge paragraph but something has obviously gone wrong so.... sorry bout that
Posted by supershamu 2 years ago
I love inception!
Posted by danthebigdman 2 years ago
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: con forfeited almost every round and the round she didnt forfeit she wasted by asking stupid and pointless questions that did nothing for her position in the debate.