k.hadija
themoderateamerican

Books or Movies?

k.hadija has forfeited round #2.
Started: 3/26/2017 Category: Movies

k.hadija

Pro

I would pick movies over books, i think that books include the deeper meaning and emotion of some scenes, that can't be expressed in a movie.
Books are also more descriptive and movies don't always include everything that happens in the book because they don't have enough screen-time.
Reading books can also expand your vocabulary and intelligence.
themoderateamerican

Con

I am very confused by my opponents position on this topic. They say they would pick movies over books; however, they give me three points why books are better. Could you please clarify?
Now to my point, I will be arguing that books are better than movies. I have noticed when reading books for assignment, then watching the movie, the major details vary. Books are the original source, movies are an adjustment, usually not a good one. Reading a book does not cause damage to a person as watching a movie would. According to ABC Health (1), watching television or the big screen can decrease someone's lifespan and cause premature death. This is the opposite with books. While reading a book, you are not exposing your eyes to lights for hours as you would while watching a movie. In conclusion, it is not best to modify the original source to make it better. Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", has had many movies made about it, none better than the original writing. Books are also better for your health, you are not exposing your eyes to the harmful lights that you would while watching a movie. To the judges that vote on the winner, I believe that I should win this round because I not only clarified my position, but also because I laid out my argument unlike my opponent.
(1)- http://www.abc.net.au...
Posted by SHUBHANTIKA_01 5 months ago
SHUBHANTIKA_01
Books contain much more deeper meaning than movies do. Books always possess ample more scenes which are not included in movies. In fact, in any movie or even TV series, sometimes the story is modified to a great extent which almost changes its essence and leads it to an entirely different path. For example- I love " A Song of Ice and Fire" and so do I love Game of Thrones drama. but the major differences brought about in the Tv series , sometimes Change the entire meaning and the future happenings.
Apart from this, reading books always adds an extra mile to your knowledge and vocabulary.. so better to go with that!!!
Posted by SHUBHANTIKA_01 5 months ago
SHUBHANTIKA_01
Posted by Nickihj 6 months ago
Nickihj
I also agree with you books are better than movies.
why? because with books you improve your vocabulary and there are more details than in a movie.
Posted by Nickihj 6 months ago
Nickihj
Posted by GoOrDin 10 months ago
GoOrDin
books. good question