SonicAndRapBattles
cam25aus

Borderlands: Scooter is still alive

Started: 3/2/2016 Category: Games

SonicAndRapBattles

Pro

In this argument, i will argue how the character Scooter (supposedly killed off in Tales from the Borderlands) is still alive

Con will try to disprove this

R1: acceptance
R2: argument
R3: rebuttals

Good uck
cam25aus

Con

If he looked like he died, then I would say he died. It's not very "debatable" (funny how we are debating this) and I would say that it shouldn't be very hard to conclude this.
SonicAndRapBattles

Pro

A valid argument, but lets look at some things, shall we?

1: Scooter's Catch A Ride stations sometimes have a New-U machine near them (New U machines respawn players when they die.) It is possible that Scooter could have used a New-U machine (A lot of NPCs also claim to use a New-U machine, so why not Scooter?)

2. Look how excited and happy he looks/ sounds seconds before being shot off into Pandora's atmosphere, and blowing up. If I were in that situation, I probably would p*ss my pants and cry like a little b*tch. he even screams "CATCH A RIDE!!!" As he rides the rocket engine like a bull into his fiery 'death'.

3. When Fiona does her thing to say goodbye, it says "Scooter will never forget you". Why would it say "Never forget You" if he was supposed to die seconds after this message? Maybe he spawned on the other side of Pandora and has no means of transportation (besides Catch a Ride, but they can't go over water) to get back to where you live/ work.

There's my theory, but I could be wrong (I hope not, Scooter is/was my favorite Borderlands character of the series.)
cam25aus

Con

I don't watch the show... so... I'm done for.
SonicAndRapBattles

Pro

Borderlands is a game series, not a TV series (partly my fault, i wasn't clear on the fact that they are games) but seeing con's 'argument', it appears that i have won.
cam25aus

Con

cam25aus forfeited this round.