Malachi30
emospongebob527

Born-Again Christians can have demons in them.

Malachi30

Pro

I have heard it said that a Christian cannot be demon-possessed, which I also agree with. The debate here is not one of possession, but of the simple fact that a demon can be in a vessel that has the Holy Spirit living inside of them as well. The word possession denotes complete control which is out of the question for a born-again believer. I am here to challenge any takers to debate me on the reality of demons being in Christians as well as the validity of deliverance ministry. I would prefer to debate someone who in real life opposes my views, but it is not necessary.

The rules are I will clearly show through Scripture that a Christian can in fact have a demon/unclean spirit in them. You must through the Word of God refute my position.

First Round is for acceptance then let the debate begin.
emospongebob527

Con

I accept, state why you think something that doesn't exist can possess a soul inside someone's body that doesn't exist.
Malachi30

Pro

The debate is not on the existence of demons, but the reality of the ability it has to enter a vessel the has the Holy Spirit dwelling within them. Now I understand you believe none of the things I have stated in the first sentence, but as I established in round one the source is the Word of God otherwise known as the Christian Bible. If I must the reality of the soul [1] is clear in Scripture as well as the existence of demons.[2]

1http://www.biblegateway.com...
2http://www.biblegateway.com...

Now that we have established the reality of the soul and demons let us take a look at why can they enter anyone including born-again Christians.
I will give you one argument of the many I have to start. There is a doctrine in the Body of Christ that states a Christian cannot have a demon in them. There are no clear implications of this in Scripture, and even if there was the reality is if there is a promise from the Lord in Scripture it is not automatically manifested into reality. So even the things that are true academically in Scripture are not always fulfilled yet in experience.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Malachi30

Pro

As my opponent did not respond I will take that as a forfeit until he refutes the argument.
emospongebob527

Con

I apologize for the forfeit. Anyways, I would like Pro to provide sufficeient evidence that Demons Exist before starting debate, he only assumed I thought demons existed. The BOP is on him, I await.
Malachi30

Pro

Thank you for your response!
This debate is not on the existence of demons, but the the Bible says about it. As we see in R1 the debate is based out of what the Scripture says about demons. According to the Bible they are real. Now this debate is not on the reliability of the source, but what the source actually says about the topic. As you agreed to debate according to the rules of R1 your requirement of demonic existence, at least for this debate, is not valid.
Hope to hear back soon!
emospongebob527

Con

"The debate is not on the existence of demons, but the reality of the ability it has to enter a vessel the has the Holy Spirit dwelling within them. Now I understand you believe none of the things I have stated in the first sentence, but as I established in round one the source is the Word of God otherwise known as the Christian Bible. If I must the reality of the soul [1] is clear in Scripture as well as the existence of demons.[2]

1http://www.biblegateway.com......
2http://www.biblegateway.com......

I will give you one argument of the many I have to start. There is a doctrine in the Body of Christ that states a Christian cannot have a demon in them. There are no clear implications of this in Scripture, and even if there was the reality is if there is a promise from the Lord in Scripture it is not automatically manifested into reality. So even the things that are true academically in Scripture are not always fulfilled yet in experience."

Pro uses The Bible as a valid source for his possesion arguments but gives no verses that back up such claim. Even if he does give verses that support his claims, his resolution is still a fallacy...... All 66 books in every version of The Holy Bible present verses that revolve around circular reasoning. Which is a fallacy, Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.

So if The Bible says Lev 20:13, If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

This does not make it true, it's as if saying:

"Wellington is in New Zealand.Therefore, Wellington is in New Zealand"

Every verse in the Bible is not backed up with reasoning, only circular logic.

Therefore any claims about possesion in The Bible can not be conclusive because it's circular logic.

Now for the second part of my opponents argument- Pro claims that the concept against the existence of the soul is not automatically manifested in reality.

Then he goes onto claim that if it is not true academically in Scripture are not always fulfilled yet in experience.

My opponent has contradicted himself, he makes a claim that the logical argument against the existence of a soul isn't always manifested in reality or fulfilled yet in experience. Even though he makes the assumption that every other verse that makes a claim against my argument is logical. One problem, the Bible isn't manifested in reality....... It's filled with countless contradictions, red herrings, logical fallacies and circular logic and is definitely not manifested in reality.

I still await my opponent...............

I can not present my own arguments until he presents the BOP.......
Malachi30

Pro

Good to hear back from you.
I meant for this to be a serious debate based on the criteria set in round one which hasn't been met. The debate is on what the word of God says about demons being in Christians. Thank you for your time
emospongebob527

Con

I take that as a concession.

Vote Con.
Posted by JorgeLucas 4 years ago
JorgeLucas
I can debate this with one argument: demons don't exist.