Bottled Water is better than Tap Water

Started: 11/21/2013 Category: Funny

I strongly believe that bottled water is in every way better than tap water. Tap water has been shown to cause things like abnormally large head growth, unicorn horns sprouting, and getting "Beiber-Fever".

Tap water sucks.

I assume this debate is from an American point of view of tap water, as apposed to say, a Somalian.

It is regulated
Tap water in the US is "federally regulated and screened for dangerous pollutants"[1] so you can be assured that your head growth claim will not be true. Nor do I beilive there have been any cases of Unicorn horns or Beiber Fever due to unregulated tap water, just going out on a limb here.

Health Benefit
Flouride, added to tap water to increase dental health. "fluoridation started in the late 1940's and over the years led to a reduction in cavities in children from 50-70%"[2]

It is cheaper
Bottled water is up to 2000x higher in cost then regular water[3]. For the cost you would think that you are getting cleaner water right? WRONG. b"ottled water plants are exempt from standards for certain toxins and cancer-causing chemicals that tap water plants must meet."[3] Plus, E-Coli and many other viruses, regulated in tap water, aren't regulated in bottled water.
Better for the enviroment
More than 80% of bottled water goes into landfills each year[4] and contributes to billions of bottles going into the landfill. Also transportation of these bottles realeases co2 into the atmosphere. They also take years upon years to decompoze.

Tap water has been shown to cause wide amounts of dehydration among children and young adults. Bottled water has been known to increase awesomeness.

(Btw I hope you know this is a joke, im not being serious XD)

"Btw I hope you know this is a joke, im not being serious XD" I feel silly...I don't get sarcasm, so I am just going to go on with this debate like its cereal. Nom Nom Nom. Tap water has been shown to cure AIDS in unicorns.

eyeballsac forfeited this round.

TorqueDork forfeited this round.
Posted by dtaylor971 2 years ago
How the hell do unicorns get AIDS?!
Posted by kylieomalley123 2 years ago
they are better no doubt.
Posted by azzy 2 years ago
Some water bottles have a bad plastics and they turns into fat that u can't reduce by working out it just stays there therefore tap water is better then bottled water
Posted by garciamsc2014 2 years ago
A lot of bottled water is less filtered than tap. Tap water has federal regulations to meet.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Well, con made the only arguments. So he wins, plus he used sources. Conduct to con because pro trolled.