Cornelius
Sarah_A

Boxing should be allowed in Prisons

Cornelius

Pro

I would like to start an argument with an opponent if Boxing should be legal in Prisons.
Sarah_A

Con

In this debate I will be giving my reasons on why boxing should not be allowed in prison. First off I would like to say, what is the reason for prison? Prison is a place where criminals go so that they can learn to become better people and introducing boxing into this atmosphere is nothing other than a bad idea. All it would do is teach them violence and negativity towards each other, not to mention getting injured. Honestly I don't see anything good coming out of it.
Cornelius

Pro

Thank you for accepting my argument. My opponent here is generalizing a bit but actually, there has been multiple prisons wherein they introduced boxing arenas and well, violence and aggression have decreased as well as convicts were more calmer. It reduced prison fights because, the inmates would meet each other up at an arena and spar or fight and it also increased sportsmanship among the prisoners.

http://www.youtube.com... Go watch and pause at 0:59 and this video has information about the argument.

In Cereso Mexico, the prison over there has not seen violence in one decade ever since they introduced boxing.
Yet, where is the negativity you say? The inmates are having it good and their is also a spa included. If we introduced Boxing for an activity at a prison, there would be o or lesser violence at all because the inmates don't have to get butthurt at the food court and yet, they could just meet up and release their anger. So yeah, there is a lot of good coming out of it.
Sarah_A

Con

My opponent is making some interesting points here, but who's to say that all prisons will react to boxing as Cereso Mexico Prison did.

0 or lesser violence you say? Boxing is one of the most violent sports in the world and isn't the only one that may help release anger. There are numerous other activities that could be introduced in Prison that could release as much anger as boxing does but does not cause as much injuries. Football, Basketball and other types of sports can release anger and help prison members make friends because they would be working in teams.
Trouble that could be caused with boxing in Prison could be that the inmates may feel favouritism towards there opponents and see this as an opportunity to make enemies. Who knows what kind of mental condition any one of these prisoners may have, they might even want to seek revenge if they were to lose.
If we introduce Boxing to prisoners and make it clear to them that it will help with anger and be a great solution to any situation then some may interpret this as a way that it is right to use violence and that is the only answer to all your problems and may take this thought with them even when they leave prison.
Cornelius

Pro

Cornelius forfeited this round.
Sarah_A

Con

So is that for this debate?
Cornelius

Pro

Cornelius forfeited this round.
Sarah_A

Con

Wow seriously? This is the worst first debate ever.
Cornelius

Pro

My apologies, a giant Nazi duck attacked my house and I was busy and stuff.

Even though Boxing is a dangerous sport but how dangerous? It's more of a gentlemen sport, you're talking about MMA being dangerous. And I do boxing, there are a lot of rules as well; It limits how dangerous it could. So far, you never presented any evidence whatsoever, against my argument. I mean even if we do introduce other activities such as Football, (One of the most dangerous sports) there still might be violence but I favor Boxing because people can release their anger on their opponent instead of doing it in the courtyard. You still have not provided evidence that they will take this outside but, the prisoners actually became interested in boxing and some of them actually joined boxing leagues. There were no reports of violence outside the prison, upon release after boxing.
Sarah_A

Con

Sarah_A forfeited this round.