Brenden-Lawrence
FrozenPanda

Boys are more athletic than girls

Brenden-Lawrence
Started: 5/14/2015 Category: Sports

Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

I believe that men are more capable at sports for four reasons:

1. In all running categories men are faster and get better scores in the Olympics (for example in the mile the men's best score is 3:48.45, women's is 4:17.14)
2. Men are stronger and can lift more weight (Paul Anderson, a man, lifted 6,270 pounds, 2844.02 kg)
3. Men are tougher (there are no women in the NFL, they are allowed to but none are good enough)
4. Men just are more athletic overall and can beat women in any sport
FrozenPanda

Con

I accept your debate, I myself as a male will say that Women are just as capable as we are. Anyone can be good at sports if they work hard.

Best of luck to you my friend.
Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

1. Men have faster running and swimming times:
Men's records running
-100 meter: 9.58 seconds
-200 meter: 19.19
-400 meter: 43.18
-800 meter: 1:40.91
Women's records running
-100 meter: 10:49
-200 meter: 21.34
-400 meter: 47.60
-800 meter: 1:53.28
Men's swimming records
50m freestyle: 20.91
100m freestyle: 46.91
200m freestyle: 1.42.00
400m freestyle: 3.40.07
Women's records swimming
50m freestyle: 23.73
100m freestyle: 52.07
200m freestyle: 1:52.98
400m freestyle: 3:58:37
(I won't list all of them but you can look at these links)
As you can see men have better times in every event.

2. My second point is that men are stronger and they are able to lift more weight. The world record is also held by a man in weight lifting. (Paul Anderson, a man, lifted 6,270 pounds, 2844.02 kg) In the 2012 Olympics, there wasn't even a heavy lifting event for women. The most weight that men lifted was the 105kg heavy lifting event, and for the women it was in the 75kg. There isn't even an event for women's heavyweight.
http://www.olympic.org...

3. Men are tougher. Like I said there are no women in the NFL. Women are allowed to, but none are in it. Secondly in women's lacrosse the girls are not allowed to hit each other and have to guard each other like basketball.

4. My last point is that men are better at most sports. As said before all of the world records held by men in running and swimming are faster than the women's. Most women can't dunk in the WNBA, whereas in the NBA most men can dunk. Women play softball which is an easier version of baseball. There is a smaller field making it easier to hit a home run. Plus the bases are closer together making it easier to run to.
http://americanprofile.com...
FrozenPanda

Con

In theory guys are proven to be more athletic than girls, but let me ask you a question. Would your mile time be able to beat Svetlana Masterkova, with a 4:12 mile? Unless you are one of the fastest males in the world the answer would be no. Girls may have to work harder but they are just as capable.

Second of all, Aneta Florczyk is the strongest women in the world. Are you stronger then her? Unless you are one of the top 10 most fit men of all time the answer should be no, she just worked harder.

Women are very much capable when it comes to joining the NFL. But the way society works right now just doesn't allow it. The company doesn't like to accept women and I don't think a women would like to apply against a bunch of men. Its just a stereotype, I don't want to be disrespectful here but women are just as capable they just have to work harder.

Girls are naturally shorter than men. They just have to work more hard, men are better at sports because it's easy for them, but that is at a professional level. In a level that is non professional like you and I, many women are better than us. So you saying this in this format makes you a bit of a sexist, and respecting both genders equally is the right thing to do.
Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

So you have no answer to how men have faster world records. Well to your point about how I wouldn't be able to beat the fastest woman ever, you are right but that isn't my point. My point was that if you take the fastest MAN and the fastest WOMAN, a man would win.

And my point isn't that woman aren't athletic, they are. But if you take a man who trains in a sport as much as a woman, the man would win. As proven before by those statistics. Also you have nothing to say about the fact that there isn't even an event for the +105 kg lift for women. Again I'm not saying that I am more athletic than every single woman. I'm saying that in the professional level men are more athletic.

As you can see by this cite, women do play football. And if they were good enough in college then they could get drafted.
Also, according to this time article women could play in the NFL, but most people wouldn't wan't to see a woman getting tackled by a 220 pound linebacker. Do you think that most women would be able to do that?
http://nation.time.com...

I see you have nothing to say about women not wearing pads in lacrosse so I guess you conceded that. When you say that women are naturally shorter that pretty much gives up your argument. Being tall gives you an advantage in mostly every sport, so saying that women are naturally shorter, is like saying that men have the ability to be more athletic. Say you take Maya Moore, a well known WNBA player, and you take LeBron James to go 1 on 1. Who do you think will win? A woman who is 6 feet tall or LeBron James who is 6-8. Also why do you think men's sports are more popular? It's because they are more exciting and are tougher. The average NBA Finals game drew 15 million people last year. The average WNBA finals? 344,000.
http://www.statista.com...

Again I would just like to note that I don't think that women aren't athletic, I just think that men on the professional level are more athletic than women on the professional level,
FrozenPanda

Con

FrozenPanda forfeited this round.
Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

Your whole stance where you said am I faster than the fastest woman, that debate could be applied to you too. Are you faster than the fastest man? No. But if a man and a woman both trained hard in a sport then the man would win. Also if a woman was extremely good at football which you need to be to be in the NFL, then she would be accepted and if I saw a woman who was good enough then that's fine by me.

1. My first point you cannot refute and I assume you concede that.

2. Again a man has lifted the most weight ever no debate. What you said how size gives you advantage also proves my point that men have the ability to be stronger and more athletic. Men have better scores in the Olympics so again not refutable. No I cannot lift as much as the strongest woman, but if it was my profession and I trained all of the time I am sure I could.

3. Men are also tougher: wrestling and boxing are more popular sports because men are more attracted to tough sports. There are no women in the NFL, women don't wear pads in lacrosse, and the fact that woman are usually smaller are all reasons that men can be tougher. For example how would a woman fare against a huge linebacker, probably not well right?

4. Men have the fastest times, draw the biggest crowds, and are the most athletic. Boom.

Thanks for debating. I hope you actually argue this round.
FrozenPanda

Con

FrozenPanda forfeited this round.
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
Pro provided data, whereas Con advanced conjecture, and in round 2 he made an accusatory remark wherein Pro was named a sexist. This harms your chances or being a recipient of conduct points, Con. Moreover, Con conceded the subsequent rounds deeming Pro the victor.
Posted by Brenden-Lawrence 2 years ago
Brenden-Lawrence
@crazyness, I'm not saying that women can't be in the NFL, I'm just saying that it would be more difficult for them.
Posted by crazyness 2 years ago
crazyness
By the way, don't you think it is awkward for a woman to be in between men for the NFL. I think that you just are underestimating women. Women are capable to do those things, but they don't because they have more to life than competition.
Posted by Vortex-Blue123 2 years ago
Vortex-Blue123
"Woman don't get good enough". You do understand this is an opinion not a fact. Not every person who is outstanding in sports make that their career path. I'm not saying that I'm one of them, as I'm certainly not, but some women could easily slot into an NFL team but decide that is not what they aspire to do with their lives.
Posted by basils 2 years ago
basils
Pro, just a tip, look up world records of men and women in running, swimming, and other stuff like that
Posted by Brenden-Lawrence 2 years ago
Brenden-Lawrence
*there
Posted by Brenden-Lawrence 2 years ago
Brenden-Lawrence
CommunistDog, is their any women in the NFl? Do women get better running times? Those are facts.
Posted by CommunistDog 2 years ago
CommunistDog
@Pro's argument in round 1

#Opinions :3
Vote Placed by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
Brenden-LawrenceFrozenPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Seek the comments.