Brain power important to be something in one's life.

I think brain power is important to be something in life because it's the only thing which will be with us for life long. And also when we have brain power we can achieve anything in this world.

Your intelligence is not the most imperative portion of success. I argue on three points:

1. Communication skills are far more important ( ).

2. Intellect can be misused or misappropriated. It is not also any form of omniscience and can be completely wasted on useless pursuits.

3. Your intellectual ability wanes. (

Can anyone do anything without using his/her brain?I don't think so.Because to do anything you need to use your brain.

There are two ways to take this:

1. "You can't do anything while braindead!", well yes, that is true, but that doesn't make sense to assert since basic cognitive ability (retardation) definitely does not open you "achieve anything in this world."

2. "Can you succeed without thinking on something?", yes you can as many inventions have been invented purely by accident:

Both interpretations covered.

Yes, I agree that many invention have been invented accidentally but here is a point . The accidents occur naturally . You can't invent anything without using your brain . The accident occurred while you were using your brain . So, in this case also you needed the help of your brain.

Again I'm unsure of whether you're saying these people were thinking intentionally and their accidental inventions were a pursuit of a different thought or whether these people were simply able to function at all due to their brain's inherent functioning and the fact that they were not vegetables. You need a brain to live and function but you do not need high intellect or keen intentional pursuit to succeed (thus accidental inventions and "savants":
Posted by Bennett91 2 years ago
This is a subjective debate. For people like Einstein and Bill Gates yea being smart was vital to their success, but on the other end of the spectrum you have successful moronic clowns like Kim Kardashian and the cast of Jersey Shore.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro created a debate that was a bit disingenuous, switching from a notion of "high" brainpower's importance, to just brains in general being necessary to live. The latter is not a fair debate resolution, so I can't prefer it. And Con presented justification why higher brain power isn't all that important necessarily. I'm not sure, though, whether Con really negated the resolution per se, and showed that it was NOT important. But what I am sure on is that Con's S&G was sufficiently better to award S&G points. So I'm nulling arguments, though I lean at least somewhat in favor of Con, and award S&G. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.