gibsonm496
girlwithgoat

Bread is the most important part of a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhich.

gibsonm496

gibsonm496

Pro

The bread is the most important part of a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhich. I feel this way because bread holds the sandwhich together. Without the bread it would not be a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich.
girlwithgoat

Con

Bread is mostly tasteless whereas the peanut butter and jelly hold all the flavor in the most famous sandwich. Additionally, all the nutrition in the meal comes from the peanut butter and jelly.
gibsonm496

Pro

That is not true. I have compared the nitrition facts of Smucker's Brand Red Raspberry Jam, Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter, and Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Bread.
These were my results.
Bread- (Serving Size 2 slices) 150 calories, 20 Calories from fat, 5g sugar, 7g protein, 0g transfat
Jam- (Serv. Size 1 Tbsp) 50 calories, 12g sugar, 0g protein, 0g fat
Peanut Butter- (Serv. Size 2 Tbsp) 190 calories, 140 calories from fat, 3g sugar, 7g protein, 0g transfat
In actuallity, the bread is the best part, but it is best to use whole wheat bread rather than white bread which has very little nutrients.
In summary, bread makes the pb&j a sandwhich. Also, bread contains most of the essential nutriants. As long as it is whole wheat. If my opponent was reffering to white bread I am not sure of the data, but I believe it would be worse. White Bread has very little nutriants and is very un-healthy.
In conclusion, the bread makes the whole sandwhich healthier and tastier. If you don't believe me try eating peanut butter and jelly together without the bread.
girlwithgoat

Con

First of all, most kids dont eat wheat bread.
gibsonm496

Pro

That is not a rebuttal! Most children only don't eat wheat bread because their parents aren't healthy. It is a common fact. Obesity in the world is a bad thing. In fact, sandwiches in general are very unhealthy. Sandwich meats are very unhealthy with preservatives and sugars. But with proper bread and good nutrition the country wouldn't be so obese.
Additionally, bread is the structure. Without the bread you would not be able to hold the PB & J. It would fall through your fingers, like the country and it's nutrition concerns.
girlwithgoat

Con

girlwithgoat forfeited this round.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
PRO deserved to win this.
Posted by girlwithgoat 8 years ago
girlwithgoat
I am actually for the idea that the bread is the most important part. I just wanted to debate. My opponent does go off topic because gibsonm talks about meat sandwiches and obesity.
Posted by luigiforever96 8 years ago
luigiforever96
Yeah have to agree with Riikashi on this one...I do agree that the bread is the most important part because otherwise it would be a pile of pb&j, nor would it be considered a pb&j sandwich. However stay on topic...because that might hurt your debate a little...even though it was essential in a way to your debate it still isn't entirely on topic. Just a thought, just my opinion, don't have to listen...;)
Posted by Riikashi 8 years ago
Riikashi
Alright, so overall I agree with gibsonm496 more on the fact that the bread is the most important part. *talking directly to gibsonm* But I think that you're getting a rather off topic talking about obesity. You said worldwide, but obesity is really only widespread in rich countries. Big surprise, huh? Also please take into consideration that even with exercise and watching what they eat, some people still struggle with weight due to an extremely low metabolism. It is usually an inherited trait.
Vote Placed by gibsonm496 8 years ago
gibsonm496
gibsonm496girlwithgoatTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 8 years ago
RoyLatham
gibsonm496girlwithgoatTied
Vote Placed by girlwithgoat 8 years ago
girlwithgoat
gibsonm496girlwithgoatTied
Vote Placed by luigiforever96 8 years ago
luigiforever96
gibsonm496girlwithgoatTied