lmeyer
DylanJacobus

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

DylanJacobus

lmeyer

Pro

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is most important you maintain your health and performance throughout the day, though most people opt not to eat breakfast. More importantly having a health one offers many benefits intend that without having one it can bring negative effects on day and health.
DylanJacobus

Con

Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day; lunch is. Many people say that eating breakfast will improve focus and drive in a person throughout the course of the day. While that may be true in some instances, there are many other factors that would contribute to a person's performance that can outweigh the need to eat first thing in the morning. For instance, getting a good night's sleep, being excited for whatever tasks you have, or just being determined to get things done rather than eating a breakfast can drive a person much harder. I would say that sometimes a person will be way too psyched about the awesome day ahead of him or her to even have time to eat a breakfast, and it wouldn't even matter. Health can be taken care of regardless of whether or not a person has eaten breakfast. No one gets sick because they skipped breakfast. If a person didn't eat at all for a day, then yes, of course he or she would probably get sick. Besides, if a person is starting to feel queasy from hunger, an early lunch can always be taken or a snack can be had. That being said, lunch is the most important meal of the day because it is flexible. So as I said, if you skip breakfast, you can have lunch early. If you do manage to have breakfast somehow, you can have lunch at a typical lunch time. There is also a third option; if you have had breakfast, and if you are really busy, you can put lunch off for a few hours, or if you know that for whatever reason you won't be able to have dinner at night, you can delay your lunch so that it's closer to dinner time in order to tide you over and prevent you from going to bed hungry. Lunch may also be the least stressful meal of all. Breakfast can be stressful if you don't wake up on time and are in a rush, possibly causing you to mess up what you're trying to make, which could be poisonous if you undercook something like eggs. Dinner is also stressful because people want dinner to be really good, and there is a lot riding on whether a dinner is good or not. People will worry all day about what they are going to make for dinner. You don't have to think that much about lunch. You just go grab it, eat it, and that's it. You can pretty much eat anything for lunch too, which takes a load off your mind. If you want eggs, you can totally eat eggs. If you want steak, nobody will think twice about it. How could anyone deny the importance of having a meal that will help you relax? In this crazy world, sometimes lunch is the only thing we really get to enjoy. I'll continue later on about more ways lunch is good for socialization, health, and believe it or not, hygiene.
lmeyer

Pro

Argument
Eating a healthy breakfast helps you control your weight.
Eating breakfast provides your brain with fuel it need to function at optimum levels.
Eating breakfast provides you will healthy eating habit throughout your life time.
Imagine you skip breakfast on a day of a important meeting that can make or break your possibility of a promotion. You skipped breakfast and now minutes before your presentation is about to your stomach is growling and you are starving. You can't concentrate on the task at hand. All you can think about is about how hungry you are.

Now that you have eaten breakfast; you lost out on a promotion.
http://www.kelloggs.ie...

Vote Pro
DylanJacobus

Con

Although breakfast may provide you with fuel for your brain, it also provides you with fuel for your digestive system. What I mean is this: Imagine you are at that meeting. You did eat breakfast, so you aren't thinking about eating (but even if you didn't eat, you would have been professional enough to focus on what was important and not on how hungry you were). You are in the meeting, and even though you have eaten, your stomach is growling. In this case, however, your stomach is growling because you have gas from what you ate for breakfast. Perhaps it was eggs, maybe it was hash browns. Whatever it was, it has given you gas and you can't control it. You are offending the people in the meeting with your gas. On this particular day, breakfast was not the important meal; the lunch with the higher-ups after the meeting would have been, but you ruined your chance of going to it with them because they were turned off by your smell.

Eating breakfast is more of a threat to your weight than lunch. The foods that people typically think of for breakfast, like eggs, buttered toast, sausage, bacon, etc. are all high in cholesterol. While there may be healthier alternatives, they are not as appealing, and when you wake up you want to eat something really great. There are far more fresh, lean options for lunch that are indeed appetizing, like green salads and tuna sandwiches. Some have argued that eating breakfast will help you to not be as hungry over the course of the day. I know this to be false. Most days I do not eat breakfast, and I find that on days that I do, I am no less hungry than I would be on the days that I don't eat breakfast. If we want to say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it will help to control your weight, we need to rethink what I have just mentioned. The real key to controlling weight is willpower, so use your willpower to skip breakfast and opt for a healthy, delicious lunch.

Conclusion: Because you ate breakfast, you lost out on a promotion because you couldn't control your gas and missed out on the proceeding luncheon. Breakfast does not factor into weight control.
lmeyer

Pro

Your return has no empirical facts. A synopsis of a situation of a breakfast that causes gas is on the basis on a perhaps one time experience,there is of way to say that this would or could happen. This is based on what study? Would any doctor or governmental study would say that this is good for you to maintain your health?

As your for argument of maintaining weight being will power.

If that were the case, just having will power I could just maintain a healthy weight, when there are numbers of studies stating that is not the case.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov...
http://www.cdc.gov...

Hence,these arguments are not reasons that breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.
Vote Pro
DylanJacobus

Con

Another reason I would say that lunch is the most important meal of the day is because it is good for socialization. "Doing lunch" with someone is one of the friendliest things you can do. It isn't as serious as taking someone to dinner, and it makes more sense than going out to breakfast. Going out to breakfast would require that both people would have to both wake up on time and set aside a chunk of time to spare for breakfast. If a person works early in the morning, as most do, it would be difficult to smoothly do both of those things. Lunch is easier to plan, since a person would be more awake by lunchtime and would not be in a rush to get anywhere.
Although going out to breakfast is nice, it is not as useful as taking someone to lunch. For instance, having a lunch meeting with a coworker or potential client is a good tool for building strong relationships. Talking over lunch is one of the most important things we do. Here is an article that shows how having lunch with someone can be an effective business tool:
http://www.bates-communications.com...
It explains that making small talk over lunch will strengthen a bond between two people because it gives the two people a chance to relax, helps to get conversation moving from businesslike to friendly, and "create positive experiences that can become lasting memories."
lmeyer

Pro

Your response has nothing to do with the argument at hand. You did not response to the argument at hand, in stead you go off topic.

Lunch is the most important meal of day is not the argument at hand.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as previously stated for the following reasons, maintain a healthy weight and gives you the nutrients needed to perform at optimum levels in school or work place.

This argument is backed up with the links to empirical facts, to back up argument.

Conclusion:
Con negates the argument/topic at hand.
Therefore vote Pro
DylanJacobus

Con

There really isn't a way to debate breakfast being the most important meal of the deal without saying that a different meal is more important.

Your links back up your arguments as much as my lack of links back up mine.

In an argument of old philosophy, there would be no websites to reference. Not everything is valid because a link follows it. Vote in favor of the argument that makes sense.
lmeyer

Pro

I have provided numerous arguments as to why breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Maintain health weight, perform at optimum levels and ensure healthy eating habits. All these arguments have empirical fact to back them up.
For example whether great philosophers of the past had the empirical facts that we do today about the health benefits and static surrounding eating breakfast, they could still gather through experience. By one day eating breakfast to the next day. From which, they would discover the difference and the benefits that they receive when food was consumed.

The best way to start your day off right is to eat a healthy breakfast!
Vote Pro
DylanJacobus

Con

There are plenty of empirical facts to back up why breakfast is not THE most important meal of the day. Sure, it is important; I won't deny that. However, just because it is somewhat beneficial does not mean it is the most important one of the day. Lunch can make or break a job interview; dinner could make or break a date. Eating dinner with your family, for instance, is hugely important, as indicated by a multitude of studies. Eating too much at breakfast would not be good for your weight, nor would eating typical breakfast foods like eggs, bacon, sausage, or buttered toast, which are all high in cholesterol. These can all be backed up by experimentation. Finally, breakfast is not that important because you can still operate without it. For instance, I didn't eat breakfast this morning, but I have done more homework today than I have in a long time, and I was even able to check my argument for proper spelling and grammar without using the tools in Microsoft word! In fact, I don't think I ate breakfast once over this entire debate and still somehow managed to write properly. So all in all, just because breakfast can be important, it doesn't mean that it is most important.
For empirical evidence, I will provide some links for your viewing pleasure:

http://nutrition.about.com...

http://www.sciencedirect.com...

(again) http://www.bates-communications.com...

This has been fun. Vote Con.
Posted by jnsag 3 years ago
jnsag
Pro, you should include some quotes or add more description to your argument. So far I am with con...
Posted by jnsag 3 years ago
jnsag
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Okay, I end up going con because he, more or less, outweighed the benefits of eatting breakfast over the benefits of eatting a lunch. That's really all there was to it. Pro had reasons why breakfast was good. Con had reasons why lunch was good and weighed them against breakfast in whatever scenario or situation pro proposed. So I go off of that.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
lmeyerDylanJacobusTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.