Darkhan.Shakabayev
dragonb95

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

Darkhan.Shakabayev

Pro

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and there are a few reasons why it is so.
Firstly, it Revs up Your Metabolism
Eating breakfast is a great way to get your metabolism working well for the day. When your body receives food in the morning, it tells your brain that you're going to need to start working to digest it. This wakes up the system and warms up the metabolism so it's ready to work throughout the day. When you don't eat breakfast in the morning, your body thinks that it needs to conserve the energy it has because it isn't getting any more through nutrition. This actually slows your metabolism down, which results in a decrease in the amount of calories you burn all day long.

Secondly, it Keeps You from Binging
Not eating breakfast in the morning may save you calories for the time being, but it sets you up for failure throughout the rest of the day. This is because after not feeding your body for several hours overnight, a lack of food in the morning will leave you grumpy and hungry very early in the day. When lunch time rolls around, you're more likely to choose something high in fat and calories to satisfy your food cravings, because you feel so ravenous. If you can hold off through dinner, chances are you will feel an overwhelming urge to snack all night long, which can really pack on the calories.

Thirdly, it Keeps You in a Good Mood
Feeding yourself in the morning will keep your spirits up throughout the day for a number of reasons. First and foremost, since your body won't think that it's starving after a nutritious meal in the morning, it's easier to get in a good mood and stay that way. It also provides plenty of needed energy to help you get through the regular tasks of your day, which can help keep your mood bright and optimistic. A healthy meal in the morning can also help to regulate your blood sugar levels through lunch time, which plays a vital role in your mood.

Overall, eating something for breakfast is better than eating nothing at all. The more balanced your meal is, the better off you will be. Instead of a breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast that will leave you feeling heavy and sluggish within just a few minutes, consider having a fruit smoothie and a bowl of oatmeal topped with fresh berries, which will invigorate your body and give you the energy needed to get through the day.
dragonb95

Con

Thank you for starting this debate.

Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Feb;93(2):284-91. Epub 2010 Nov 17. Pub Med ID # 21084650

“there was no significant main effect of breakfast condition on energy intake at lunch (P = 0.36) or throughout the remainder of the day (P = 0.85)... Leading to the conclusion that omitting breakfast affected children’s appetite ratings but not their energy intake at subsequent meals. The dissonance between children’s subjective ratings of prospective consumption and their actual intake should be further examined.”

Here we can see that, though it increases your appetite, is certainly not the most important meal of the day.

I would like to start off by refuting my opponents points.

General refutations:
(1) They did not provide any sources for their argruments.
(2) Their points were about why breakfast was good, but none of them discussed why the other ones were of somewhat less importance. I will discuss dinner has a more important alternative.

My Points
(1) According to health24, breakfast is the most skipped meal.
If it is the most skipped? How can it be the most important? Breakfast is not a necessary meal, unlike lunch and dinner. Breakfast only needs to tide you over until lunch, while lunch and dinner must keep you filled for much longer.
(2) Dinner is a time of socialization
As supposed to the rushed morning, dinner is a time where one can reflect on the day, talk with a loved one, and calm downafter hectic events.

Darkhan.Shakabayev

Pro

Darkhan.Shakabayev forfeited this round.
dragonb95

Con

Extend arguments. Refute points. Vote con
Darkhan.Shakabayev

Pro

dragonb95

Con

Well, since he hasn't refuted any of my points... vote con.
Posted by BillyTheKids 3 years ago
BillyTheKids
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, servin it up, garry's way, poof.
Thats what I thought of at first.
Posted by TD_Cole 3 years ago
TD_Cole
I'd accept if I didn't had only personal reasons to maintain on. Via when I actually tried hard in high school my senior year I had a 4.0 lowest grade was a 97% and my highest grade was a 121%. I never ate breakfast during those time periods. Also when I took graduation tests I scored advanced in history and math while passing all 5 tests the first time. During this time I would stand outside to clear my head, everyday the principal would come out and say, "Your going to need some breakfast to pass those tests". I proved him wrong. But not everyone is stimulated in the morning the same way. Most believe it helps therefore it does. I tried finding creditable sources. Rendered to unimportant to try hard enough.