Cranberry_arts
REKINSCRUBS

Breaking the taboo against talking about death. ( Theatre Project )

Started: 2/11/2015 Category: Arts

Cranberry_arts

Pro

It is massive taboo in today's society to talk about death. People feel uncomfortable and awkward when discussing their own mortality or the loss of a loved one. Our fear and unfamiliarity with speaking of the inevitable is what increases the fear of death and the emotional state of the grieving period for today's Society.

We should explore death, ideas of the afterlife and its meanings through a positive medium such as the arts. It is only through this way an we help people find an acceptance with it and perhaps take these positive findings into their present day life.

I am part of a theatre company in southeast England currently putting together a community play focussing on the ethos discussed above. We hope to work with participants with terminal illnesses or degenerative diseases who will help create the piece as well as act within the final performance.

Some thoughts from you of which we would be grateful to hear..

Do you agree with our ideas?
Do you think people should talk about death more?
Do you think theatre is the right medium for this subject?
Do you think the participants we want to work with are the right people for the project?
If you were apart of the project what would like to explore?
Is there any advice you would give about tackling the issue?
What are your general opinions and beliefs and ideas on death and the afterlife?
REKINSCRUBS

Con

well homes i'm dead i got 360 no scoped in Iraq and like yeah it sucks but i was rekin scrubs and was noob tubed so we all have to talk about this sort of thing even though its 2 spooky 4 me.
Cranberry_arts

Pro

Cranberry_arts forfeited this round.
REKINSCRUBS

Con

REKINSCRUBS forfeited this round.
Cranberry_arts

Pro

Cranberry_arts forfeited this round.
REKINSCRUBS

Con

REKINSCRUBS forfeited this round.
Posted by Beagle_hugs 2 years ago
Beagle_hugs
Actually, tons of people talk about death.

It's necessary to come to grips with whether we are going to struggle against death or accept it. (Personally, I'm all for resisting it--death is inevitable, but it's not actually desirable the way that people try to rationalize it.)

Otherwise, we'd be better off talking about making a good life.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
I do wish people were more comfortable talking about death. I think I've made other people uncomfortable by talking about it so freely.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
People blather on about death every day! Huge industry's are build around it.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
This isn't a debate. It should be in the forum.

Do you agree with our ideas?

I'm null on them

They should do it as often as they feel like.

It's as good as any.

Not enough details to know.

Bring publicity to Ideals on curing death. I'd contact Aubrey De Grey. He's in the UK and is a big name in that sort of thing and in my experience is good at responding to Emails.

Nope

Afterlife is likely not something to exist. We need to realize life is finite and we can die at any moment. Then we need to devote all our resources to fighting death.