candice
Jlconservative

Breast feeding in public should be embraced by Americans, and excepted.

candice

Pro

Other countries around the world are very comfortable with breastfeeding. I recently saw a picture of Hugo Chavez talking to, and embrassing a Venezuelan citizen openly breastfeeding. What do you think George Bush would do if he saw a woman breastfeeding while shaking hands?

Why are American's so closed off and sometimes offended by women feeding they're babies naturally? Breastfeeding is the healthiest choice for your infant. There are no antibodies in formula. The fat's in breast milk help babies brain and eye's develop better than those of a formula fed baby. This helps with the protection against disease, and allergies. Why would our advanced society deny a hungry baby food?

There's NOTHING sexual about breast feeding, and if your offended, perhaps your staring at the person's boob to long. Here's an idea... don't. If you feel strange inside because your not comfortable with a breast feeding mommy showing love to her baby, look the other way! Personally, I refuse to feel embarassed about what my boobs are for! My daughter hates being underneath a stuffy blanket. It makes me hot to. We live in the dessert.

Women would probably feel more comfortable with breast feeding if society didn't attach negative, or dirty vibes to it. When my baby is hungry, it's hungry... and I feed her. Don't be offended about something so natural and right!
Jlconservative

Con

Well well well my good friend Candice lets take a look at what we have here, before I begin let me point out I am in no way an expert on this topic but I accepted this because of your loathing for me.

Lets begin,

First of all I should say I do not think that pregnant women should be allowed in public. Also don't you hate it when you go out with your family and friends to a nice dinner and you can hardly hear anything because a undisciplined little brat is screaming its lungs out while its moronic mother just sits their enjoying herself while she ruined everyones evening by bringing her infant child out.It would be nice if restaurants could lower the oxygen level in their establishments so kids would just zonk out immediately upon entering.

haha anyway I get the entire "proud" to be a mother crap but its simple curtesy
no one wants to see you breast feed your little rat in open public I mean come on. We get it your a mother you love your kid and your proud to breast feed ya ya ya just spare us the embarrassment for you and keep the public displays in private. I mean whats a bathroom for? and besides that if your planning to go out to a public place do your business before you go spare every one else.
candice

Pro

Wow... are you my father in law? Seriously, if I didn't know better... I would think your name was Steve. I don't loath you Jlconservative, don't give yourself that much credit. My indifference for you is quiet solid.

So, you wish us to go back to the 1800's and not allow pregnant women to be seen? Is this because it makes you think of sex, and in turn makes you have naughty thoughts? Perhaps YOU are the deviant, and everyone else around you is not as guilty of thinking nasty thoughts as you, my friend. This is exactly the mentality that is keeping breast feeding some kind of naughty little thing.

So, the most of an "argument" you posted about my debate, is:

<>

No one has to look! If it seriously bother's you, please by all means, you have my leave not to stare. If I came up to you breast feeding and saying, hey buddy look at this, and wouldn't leave you alone THAT, my good friend, would be grounds for calling it inappropriate. So, you use the word EMBARASSMENT. It is you, kind sir that is bringing that emotion into this natural and wonderful act of feeding a child, not I. So, you realize you are the root of your own problem. I'm not embarrassed, so perhaps you should feel embarrassed for yourself because your not comfortable enough to be in the same vicinity as a boob. Sometimes, babies get hungry regardless of your feeding them before your departure to wherever it is you might be going. Babies must eat, nursing mom's must feed. Why would I want to take my daughter to eat in a nasty public restroom? Would YOU eat in there?

So, what exactly DO you have to say about society badgering mother's who breast feed? Yes, yes... shocking things, such as you calling my baby a rat, and so on and so forth. That is supposed to make me mad I know your ways... you have to understand I LIVE with a conservative... this ploy will not bate me whatsoever.

So, are you ready to debate, my conservative opponent? You've not frazzled me in the least.
Jlconservative

Con

Well as far as I can tell your father in law must be a very intelligent man.

"So, you wish us to go back to the 1800's and not allow pregnant women to be seen? Is this because it makes you think of sex, and in turn makes you have naughty thoughts?"

(Actual Event)
haha not at all I may stand alone on this one but as for me say I am sitting down after a hard day's work sick of listening to liberal morons all day (History teacher in public school, lunch break included arguing endlessly 5 against myself) enjoying dinner of chicken Parmesan with a glass of white zinfandel enjoying myself. Then comes in a women with her little bratty kid and sits down across from me (in clear view) the little rat starts the high pitch screaming at once, so what dose she do? pops out her boob and the little brat starts sucking away...great all of a sudden my white chicken breast is not looking so good.

Now your argument about "just don't look" is pretty foolish, living by that standard I can walk in a place naked and say hey if it bugs you don't look. I think everyone will agree that little children in public places like a dinning area are just simple not wanted. It's ridiculous to bring your little rat to an area where it will make everyone around you uncomfortable and then to top it off you pull out your breasts and let it have a snack....I mean come on it is simple common courtesy. I think that the next time a woman openly breast feeds in public I am going to strip down naked and say "two can play that game"
candice

Pro

Hmmm... something inside of me says, Umm... NO! Let's take a look at this idea you have:

Scenerio 1: Mother feeds baby, probably nobody but your googly eye's notices. This is natural, LEGAL, and nutritous. If another woman see's, perhaps she'll recognize the beauty of the act and decide to breast feed as well.

Scenerio 2: You get naked, and scar everyone for life. Hairy, scary, ILLEGAL... and just plain wrong.

There's a difference between geting NAKED, and having your baby latched on to your nipple for noursishment. I never take off my shirt while feeding my chicadee. Plus, if you actually do see ALL the goods, you were trying to. As I'm a pretty practiced breast feeder, my nipple doesn't get a lot of air time. I'm a professional, man. I'm sorry if a woman breast feeding over in the distance would ruin your good old fashioned American dinner at the Olive Garden. Perhaps, if your feeling left out, you could just flash your nipple or something. I mean, sounds like your slightly jealous. Seriously my good man, come on.

Also, we're not exclusivly talking about breast feeding in restraunts, so what else do you have for me Steve? That's your nick name now.
Jlconservative

Con

Well,

How about in a bathroom inside Borders & the favorite restaurant. There is zero excuse to breast feed at a table in a restaurant. If you can't go an hour without breast feeding your baby, I suggest you have a nice dinner at home...There is no need to breast feed in public.

Women who do it only do it to make a statement.it's not about being anti-breast feeding or anti-woman. it comes from the same idea that infants shouldn't be taken to movie theaters at night, and church pews shouldn't double as romper rooms for children's toys and snacks. it's about coming to the conclusion that public places should not be treated like your own private living room. if you want to openly breast feed your baby, fine - more power to you, but cover it up when in a public place.

It is a simple argument of common sense, did it ever occur to you that perhaps not everyones sense of modesty is not exactly what yours is? Look, I am a strong believer in chivalry I let anyone from the female sex take my seat if they don't have one, If I am walking with a girl I stand on the side closer to traffic, I go up the stairs last in case someone falls. Why? because I am trying to sound like a mans man? no it comes natural its common sense its courtesy. Show everyone else some courtesy and keep the breast feeding to a minimum. Maybe it does not bother your or even 75% of the people in a public area but chances are it bothers someone.

It's as simple as it gets just show some damn standards for yourself and have some courtesy it's the same exact problem with smoking in a public area. It's just common every day courtesy that should be extended to everyone.
Posted by Bahamute619 2 years ago
Bahamute619
This was a very poor debate from both sides. Though some arguments were touched they were left unfinished.

For Pro, you should have mentioned that:
1) What con was suggesting was that women with newborns in any situation should only stay at home for the possibility of feeding the child...when in fact this would be completely impractical to single moms. Not to mention that you are suggesting people limit their liberties for the possibility of seeming indecent
2) Con said it is indecent so it beg the question why/what makes it indecent? What is the sole issue with a breast out in public.

For con, you failed to bring up any other arguments like:
1) Women that need to go out, or choose to can try to breast pump, etc, etc.
2) Counter the argument about sanitation in a bathroom with bodily fluids being used in public.

Your naked argument however was completely off base. I don't know if you two are just joking or if this is really how you debate but I know I was left unsatisfied in a debate about a really important issue.
Posted by Jlconservative 9 years ago
Jlconservative
haha my pleasure it was fun to have a non-political debate
Posted by candice 9 years ago
candice
I enjoyed this debate, and hope that everyone votes according to content. The great thing about America is, EVERYONE has the right to they're opinion, and if you do something that bother's somebody, you have the right to do what you want, reguardless of that. Thank's for debating me again, Steve.
Vote Placed by devinni01841 6 years ago
devinni01841
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by ljmckeever1 8 years ago
ljmckeever1
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by mo-yahoo 9 years ago
mo-yahoo
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by els21 9 years ago
els21
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by mikelwallace 9 years ago
mikelwallace
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by gogott 9 years ago
gogott
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by sully 9 years ago
sully
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by smith76 9 years ago
smith76
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
candiceJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by DrAlexander 9 years ago
DrAlexander
candiceJlconservativeTied