CrusaderDebater
studentathletechristian8

Brett Favre is one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL.

Started: 8/26/2009 Category: Sports

CrusaderDebater

Pro

Brett Favre has become one of the best QuaterBack's in the history of the NFL and I have stats that will back that up.
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
TOTAL 273 9,280 5,720 61.6 34.0 65,127 7.0 238.6 464 5.0 310 3.3 99 782 147 469 3,101 85.4

Favre is statistically one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Favre is the only player to win the AP Most Valuable Player three consecutive times (1995–97.)[6] He led the Packers to seven division championships (1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007), four NFC Championship Games (1995, 1996, 1997, and 2007), winning two (1996 and 1997), and two Super Bowl appearances, winning one (Super Bowl XXXI).

He holds many NFL records including: most career touchdown passes (464), most career passing yards (65,127), most career pass completions (5,720), most career pass attempts (9,280), most consecutive starts among NFL quarterbacks (269; 291 total starts including playoffs)--just one away from tying the all-time consecutive starts record for any position-- and most career victories as a starting quarterback (169).

www.nfl.com
www.wikipedia.com
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate and the readers for the opportunity.

I shall negate the resolution, "Brett Favre is one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL."

====================

Reading through my opponent's argument, he has failed to provide what NFL he is referring to. As this may be confusing, I shall provide the definition of the NFL:

NFL- National Forensic League- a non-partisan, non-profit educational honor society established to encourage and motivate high school students to participate in and become proficient in the forensic arts: debate, public speaking, and interpretation. NFL is the nation's oldest and largest high school speech and debate honor society. Since 1925 NFL has enrolled over 1.3 million students in fulfillment of its motto, "training youth for leadership."

===================

Argumentation: My opponent has provided contentions as to why Brett Favre is the best quarterback in the National Football League. However, as this is a debating website and there are many users who belong to the National Forensic League, my opponent's arguments do not apply to my proposed definition of NFL.

Brett Favre has never been a part of the NFL (National Forensic League). Due to the fact that Brett Favre has never been a member of the National Forensic League, which is what 'NFL' applies to in this debate, he does not qualify as one of the best quarterbacks of the NFL (National Forensic League). The resolution is negated.

I thank my opponent for the debate and the readers for the opportunity. I have provided arguments as to why my opponent is incorrect in this debate. Resolution negated.
CrusaderDebater

Pro

I would like to start off by thanking my opponent for accepting the challenge.

Now, considering the fact that there are no Quarter Backs in the NFL (National Forensic League) it should be obvious that NFL actually means National Football League. (I know for a fact that there is no QB position in the National Forensic League because I am part of it.)

Here is my definition of NFL:

The National Football League (NFL) is the largest professional American football league in the world.[1] It was formed by eleven teams in 1920 as the American Professional Football Association (the league changed the name to the National Football League in 1922). The league currently consists of thirty-two teams from the United States. The league is divided evenly into two conferences — the American Football Conference (AFC) and National Football Conference (NFC), and each conference has four divisions that have 4 teams each.

The regular season is a seventeen-week schedule during which each team has one bye week and plays sixteen games. Teams play all three other teams in their division twice. They also play each team from another division in their conference and each team from a division in the opposite conference. The final two games come against the teams in the other two divisions in their conference who finished in the same place from the previous season. (For example, 1st Place teams will play 1st Place teams, 2nd Place teams play 2nd Plays teams.) The season currently starts on the Thursday night in the first full week of September (the Thursday after Labor Day) and runs weekly to late December or early January.

At the end of each regular season, six teams from each conference play in the NFL playoffs, a twelve-team single-elimination tournament that culminates with the championship game, known as the Super Bowl. This game is held at a pre-selected site which is usually a city that hosts an NFL team. Commercials during the Super Bowl tend to be quite popular among the general public. Selected all-star players from both the AFC and NFC meet in the Pro Bowl, held in Honolulu, Hawaii; up to and including 2009, this game took place the weekend after the Super Bowl. In 2010, it will take place the week prior to the Super Bowl, in Miami Gardens, Florida.
studentathletechristian8

Con

studentathletechristian8 forfeited this round.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
PRO wins arguments and conduct, CON wins sources (because PRO's links do not actually support his case).
Posted by studentathletechristian8 8 years ago
studentathletechristian8
ReganFan- In the first round, all you said was what Obama has done defies what liberals are. You gave no argumentation. In the third round, you gave no argumentation. Hence, it was essentially a two-round give-up for you and a one-round give-up for me.
Posted by ReganFan 8 years ago
ReganFan
How is allowing con to go first forfeiting a debate, and then allowing con to rebuttal a forfeit? All the arguments you have made are negated and i have made several arguments you neglected to address, if you were not gonna have time to debate you should not have accepted.
Posted by comoncents 8 years ago
comoncents
sorry buddy... did not want to get your blood pumping... but hey good luck in the debate... i hope you can win me over in the next round.
studentathletechristian8
I am currently taking Spanish IV AP, and I am able to use correct grammar in that class. Anyway, yeah I guess I will chill. Thanks for increasing my heat rate... ;)
Posted by comoncents 8 years ago
comoncents
your funny

come on i am just trying to debate you inside of the debate... nothing more... nothing was meant by all of that... you are very smart and i have seen that you are good at this... come on no need to get upset

and i am am cuban american who learned spanish first so i tend not to use correct grammar in an informal setting... i should change it but it is habit.
studentathletechristian8
First off, I am sixteen. Second, you ignitiated this by coming on this debate and ranting. I take great appreciatino in my efforts towards education, and having a person on this website attack it ignorantly is simply disrespectful.
Posted by comoncents 8 years ago
comoncents
come on you only take offense because you chose to... i did not have much common sense at 17 and still do not claim to have the most common sense... not even close...
you need to sit back and chill... i am just tugging a bit at your strings... come on i get it your were trying to be interesting...

hey come on do not be upset... really
studentathletechristian8
I do not. You do not know who I am, what I do, where I live. I would prefer if you use proper grammar next time. That is an exhibit of common sense- to show that you can express English correctly.
Posted by comoncents 8 years ago
comoncents
i do not claim to be better then you at anything...
i understand what is interesting and what is not... and your approach is not...
i am not saying that i am the best debater... as a matter of fact i am not that good... but i do have common sense...
the spelling is a parody and play on words...

your attack on the name just proves further that you lack some of it.
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
CrusaderDebaterstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
Vote Placed by CrusaderDebater 8 years ago
CrusaderDebater
Vote Placed by comoncents 8 years ago
comoncents