emmons
Cherymenthol

Brett Favre will only last through this year than retire again.

Cherymenthol
Started: 12/13/2009 Category: Sports

emmons

Pro

Brett Favre is a great player, no doubt, but he will only last through this year especially because of his arm. He is just too old to be a long lasting icon, still, but he's great. His arm just won't last the whole year or after the year he's not going to be able to come back to fulfill his 2 year contract he signed with the Vikings.

Vote Aff! GO VIKINGS!
Cherymenthol

Con

First off my opponent concedes the greatness of Brett Favre. However other than that it seems we have a clash of opinion. The basic position I must hold on the CON is to prove that Brett Favre will last through the year and not retire again. However Due to the shenanigans [1] that ensued the last time Favre "retired", we can see that conceding this point does not give away any ground because the point my opponent is trying to prove in his case is that he won't play next year/ the rest of this year.

However against the lack of compelling evidence presented I, and many other individuals feel the incorrect conclusion reached by my opponent is absurd. This is true for three key reasons: 1) Brett Favre's arm is fine, 2) Brett Favre has not given any signals to support this claim, and 3) Brett Favre always tends to do poorly at this point in the season, so his playing has not correlation to whether or not he will continue playing.

1] Brett Favre insists his arm is fine, and doctor's agree [2]. Therefore when my opponent says his arm is reason to worry. So we can see the first reason listed by my opponent why Brett Favre wouldn't play has been dismissed due to its incorrect nature.

2] While not explicitly stating he is going to continue playing the ruthless game of football, Brett Favre has shown he has the will power and strength to keep on going, and competing in the sport he loves [3]. So yet again my opponent's logic is found untrue.

3] A recent article supports the claim that Brett Favre's playing has no correlation to his decision. [4] In this article both Brett Favre and several journalists remark on how Brett Favre has historically played poorly at this point in the season, and that it is not cause for concern. As a matter of fact no where in the article did they reach the conclusion that the playing of Brett Favre has anything to do with his decision to play. So as we can see the third and final reason why he might possibly quit is a myth.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://bleacherreport.com...
[3]http://bleacherreport.com...
[4]http://www.startribune.com...

On and note Brett Favre will always be an Icon, contrary to the views expressed by my opponent, but don't believe me believe the article http://www.brettfavrejersey.net... that points out how Brett Favre is still hugely popular and an icon fro the ages.

Thank you and vote CON.
Posted by Rob1Billion 7 years ago
Rob1Billion
Farve hasn't shown any signs of slowing down... I think he's got at least one more year in him. Who knows how his body feels as the season drags on though...
Vote Placed by emmons 7 years ago
emmons
emmonsCherymentholTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
emmonsCherymentholTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
emmonsCherymentholTied
Vote Placed by Cherymenthol 7 years ago
Cherymenthol
emmonsCherymentholTied