brian_eggleston
PoeJoe

Brian Eggleston's Breastguard™ electric bras would be a "stunning" success!

brian_eggleston

Pro

Ladies! Are you fed up with being molested by bosom-fondling sex-fiends who surreptitiously grope you in crowded places?

Well, fret no more! With Brian Eggleston's new Breastguard™ electric bras your worries are over.

These stylish pieces of ladies' underwear look and feel like ordinary bras but there is one two important differences – they are insulated with a revolutionary new electrical insulating material called Aerogel and they are hooked up to a powerful but compact battery which delivers a high-voltage electric shock to any mammary-mashing miscreant that makes the mistake of messing with your melons. And the great news is that these stunning chest supports are available now from only $49.99.

But wait. There's more. Order today and we'll mail you an in-car battery charger absolutely free of charge!"

This is my idea for the advertising campaign. Rather good, don't you think?

And what a great idea! Gropers are so prolific in some cities that the transport authorities have had to introduce women-only cars.

http://abcnews.go.com......

Now any pervert seeking a cheap thrill from one of my customers is going to get a very nasty shock – literally!

What's more the ultra-light Aerogel padding will be comfortable to wear and provide for insulation for the wearer from electric shock.

http://www.aerogel.com...

So come on, if you agree that Brian Eggleston's new Breastguard™ electric bras could be a stunning success, please vote Pro!

PoeJoe

Con

I've always liked out chemistry labs. We perform experiments that end in cool results: Careful measurements render accurate calculations; mixing two different stuffs creates an entirely new stuff; and once in a while, we even get to play with fire. As you could imagine that day, she was the cherry to the already-great-day on top.

My normal lab partner, Jefferey, was ditching. I would have felt bad (he was just ditching to avoid two tests and a project) had it not been for the fact that Samantha was my replacement partner. Imagine the best clich� of a smoking hot Asian girl you can think of, then think harder. Long dark hair, curvy (but by no means skinny) body, and a face spewing curiosity and innocence. Oh joy.

We finished the lab, and we went on talking. As she continued bitching about her teachers, her voice seemed to drift away. I noticed she was wearing the most skimpy clothes I had ever seen. The top of her breasts were clearly exposed, her skirt left little to the imagination, and her little-jacket-thing accentuated her beautiful figure. I was in total horny teenager mode. Then...

SLAP!!! Apparently, I was staring at her breasts. Ooops.

---- Joe's Arbitrary Section Separator (*SS)™ ----

I'd like to remind Brian that he bears the proof in proving the resolution "Brian Eggleston's Breastguard™ electric bras would be a 'stunning' success!" He has made no attempt at proving this resolution, so I have nothing to rebut.

Also, I sincerely hope we don't get into semantics (i.e. "By the resolution's very design, it's literally 'stunning'!"). if my opponent goes that route, please ignore his statements. Semantics, as I'm sure most people, are an absurd strategy.

That said, here are some objections that immediately come to mind:

1) Your product will lead to the extinction of the human race. Men and lesbians will become afraid of engaging in any flirtation whatsoever with women. I mean, I thought a slap was bad, but I'll gladly turn the other cheek if my alternative is a "very nasty shock". Women, or anyone for that matter, can not be trusted with such a useless weapon.

2) You claim your idea will prevent "sex-fiends who surreptitiously grope [women] in crowded places." You continue by writing that "a high-voltage electric shock" would be given to those who make "the mistake of messing with [a woman's] melons". Now, if a lady were in a crowded subway train, for example, and someone, a man for the sake of argument, were to accidentally bump into a women wearing your product, he would be unjustly shocked. To make my point clear, those who accidentally bump into wearers will receive the same punishment as potential rapists. Clearly, that is not right.

2a. Furthermore, women, often times more so than men, have a strong sense of empathy. Thus, they will stop using your product in fear of hurting more people. Indeed, they will tell their friends not to by the product, and soon, your product will be given a bad name.

3) Practical issues. How is this product going to maintain a high voltage shock for a full eight hour day? Will this product weigh too much? With all the materials that go into making such an intricate piece of underwear, will the profit margin even exist, much less be enough to keep on manufacturing them? How can electricity be conducted through this "Aerogel"? There are simply too many practical issues to make this a successful product.

That's all for now. I'll come back with more in my R2.

Thank you, Brian, for creating this debate, and thank y'all, the audience, for reading it. I now leave the floor to my opponent.
brian_eggleston

Pro

Many thanks to my opponent for accepting this debate.

You will have noted from his previous debates, no doubt, that my opponent is an honourable and highly respectable youth and his restraint in limiting himself to just having a good eyeful of his teen lovely classmate's jugs is admirable.

Alas, not all young men are so worthy. Had PoeJoe not been brought to his senses with a slap in the face, I'm sure he would still have resisted the temptation to lunge at the Asian babe in question's jubblies, but, unfortunately my opponent is the exception rather than the norm.

Hence the urgent requirement for my electric bras. Just to explain: these bras are powered by two AAA batteries which produce about half the power of a Taser gun (which uses four) and which fit discreetly into the strap. When the pressure pad covering the cup of the bra is activated, electrical current is sent via wires to two nodes, resembling erect nipples, on the tips of the cups, that duly stuns the offending pervert.

My opponent claimed that my safety device would lead to the end of the human race. Not at all! If you found a chocolate on the street, you might pick it up and eat it, or you might not. But a chocolate presented in fancy packaging and surrounded by security guards would be surely be more tempting? The same principle applies to the contents of my electric bras.

My opponent then claimed that my electric bras would electrocute innocent people that accidentally touched the wearer's bosom. Well good. Be more careful, is what I say. Would you like your girlfriend / daughter / sister's breasts to be continually pummelled by strangers on public transport?

Then my opponent went on about empathy. Sorry, but very few women feel sorry for sex pests.

Of course, people will try and find fault with my product, and criticise it unduly, but not long from now I predict that my electric bras will be as common on Main Street as cell phones.
PoeJoe

Con

I must stress further: My opponent bears the burden of proof. He MUST prove his position to win. He has made NO arguments WHATSOEVER! Indeed, if the debate were to end right now, my opponent would not win. My opponent must prove that his electric bras would be a success. He has made no attempt to prove his resolution. I would've thought better of him.

That said, I am a little short on time because of school. Activate quote+response mode!

"Had PoeJoe not been brought to his senses with a slap in the face, I'm sure he would still have resisted the temptation to lunge at the Asian babe in question's jubblies, but, unfortunately my opponent is the exception rather than the norm."

Are you implying that the normal male teenager gropes every girls' breasts he sees? That's a rather faulty assumption! If you want to continue this argument, please provide some evidence.

"When the pressure pad covering the cup of the bra is activated, electrical current is sent via wires to two nodes, resembling erect nipples, on the tips of the cups, that duly stuns the offending pervert."

New objection: I'd imagine the only scenario where activation of the device would work would be if the groper were to continually grope for an extended period of time; it would take time to activate it, and most gropes are fast and quick. In this scenario, the offender would probably be very aggressive, and would probably try to disallow the said girl from activating her devise. In other words, if indeed a girl were being groped severely enough to require the activation of a defensive devise, then the girl would not have the ability to do so. Your devise falls on its own essence. A can of pepper spray or a taser are much more effective.

While I'm bringing about a new objection: New objection. Girls are not exclusively groped at the breast area. Again, a can of pepper spray or a taser are far more effective.

"My opponent claimed that my safety device would lead to the end of the human race. Not at all!"

Okay. I concede that point. My opponent has still yet to make a point. It doesn't matter really.

"My opponent then claimed that my electric bras would electrocute innocent people that accidentally touched the wearer's bosom. Well good. Be more careful, is what I say."

Accidentally bumping into people is a natural part of walking around. You can not expect a random, innocent passerby to be treated the same way as a rapist! Your breastgaurd would hurt far too many innocent people.

"Then my opponent went on about empathy. Sorry, but very few women feel sorry for sex pests."

Very many women would feel sorry for accidentally shocking those ten random people on the street.

"Of course, people will try and find fault with my product, and criticise it unduly, but not long from now I predict that my electric bras will be as common on Main Street as cell phones."

Again, you've made no argument whatsoever. Prove it.
brian_eggleston

Pro

Ok, my opponent refuses to just take my word for it that demand for my electric bras exists and asks for proof.

Well, to start off with, I would like to refer the voters to my opponent's anecdote in R1. Girls and women don't like to feel threatened by males. They may wear low-cut blouses that reveal their cleavages in order to make themselves look attractive, but they don't expect men to leer at their breasts, slobbering over them like a dog eying up a plate of hot sausages, it makes them feel uncomfortable. It may be that my opponent is typical of young men and would not have made a lunge for them, but his delightful female companion would have no way of knowing that, which is why she lashed out.

That's not to say the she was frigid, of course. She might have been a right little goer, who knows? If my opponent had managed give keep his full attention on his conversation with her, resisting the temptation to gaze longingly at her bosom, they might have agreed to continue the conversation over a coffee. Later, he may have taken her back to his place, where my opponent, having won the trust and affection of the gorgeous bit of fluff in question, would no doubt have seduced her and subsequently had the opportunity to make a close and thorough inspection of the lactose-dispensing goodies he wanted so much to get his hands on.

My advice, by the way, to blokes obsessed with women's knockers (and let's face it, few us aren't) is to make sure you have wide variety of different breasts in your visual diet. To achieve this you might become a regular at your neighbourhood lap-dancing club, or make frequent visits to the nearest naturist beach or spa. Otherwise you could get a part-time job as a porn-star, or if you are really cool, just pick up a load of different babes in pubs and clubs. This will slate your thirst for eyefuls of cleavage and enable you to have normal conversations with cracking birds without continually peering down their blouses.

The point of this is, not the frequency of the crime in question, it is the fear of crime. That's why millions of pepper sprays and rape alarms are sold around the world every year. However, my revolutionary new electric bras have a huge advantage over all existing personal security devices as they are continually armed and deploy automatically.

As further evidence of the viability of my product, please consider the following scenarios:

Scenario A

Sex Pest (looking at potential victim's breasts) – Phoarr! Hello darling, I bet you don't get many of them for a Pound, do you, eh? Cwarrrr…

Pretty Young Girl (scared) – Do you mind? I've got a boyfriend and he'll be here in a minute. You'd better watch out.

Sex Pest (undoing his trousers and exposing himself) – Never mind him, love, this won't take long. By the way, if you're hungry, how about this for a quarter-pounder with cheese? Heh, heh, heh!

(He lunges at her)

Pretty Young Girl (terrified, rummaging through her handbag) – Hang on a second, just wait, I've got some pepper spray in he somewhere, no that's perfume, oh it might be in the other pocket, just stop it for a minute while I empty it out on the pavement…

(In the meantime a serious sexual assault ensues)

Scenario B

Pretty Young Girl (not scared) – Come on then, big boy, if you think your man enough.

Sex Pest (undoing his trousers and exposing himself and lunging at her breasts) – Aaarh…what the…aarhh…

Pretty Young Girl (walking calmly away) – Heh, heh, heh! Sucker! That'll teach you. Didn't you know that more and more women that want to protect themselves from perverted scum like you wear Brian Eggleston's Breastguard™ electric bras? I suggest you get your cheap thrills another way in future.

You see the proof is this:

1 in 3 women have been sexually assaulted and there is a justifiable fear of becoming a victim in the reaming two thirds.

http://www2.ucsc.edu...

That is why the market for my product is extends to half the post-pubescent population of the world.

Furthermore, I have demonstrated that my product is far more effective than the competition.

As for those women concerned with accidentally electrocuting innocent members of the public in very crowded places, I forgot to mention there is an on/off switch!

For these unassailable reasons, I contend that my fantastic new Breastguard™ electric bras could be a "stunning" success!

Thank you!
PoeJoe

Con

My opponent's arguments are absurd. He has obviously not met the burden of proof; he just kept on reiterating his position. Really, he has provided no evidence whatsoever! He has not proven that his Breastgaurds would be successes, nor has he even addressed many of my counterarguments. He has largely ignored my practical problems! These facts alone should win me this debate, but I shall proceed with my response anyway.

"Girls and women don't like to feel threatened by males. They may wear low-cut blouses that reveal their cleavages in order to make themselves look attractive, but they don't expect men to leer at their breasts, slobbering over them like a dog eying up a plate of hot sausages, it makes them feel uncomfortable."

I thought your product supposedly stop groping, not stopped looking. Be honest, even if your product were to be a success, leering would not be stopped in this least bit. If anything, staring would increase!

"Later, he may have taken her back to his place, where my opponent, having won the trust and affection of the gorgeous bit of fluff in question, would no doubt have seduced her and subsequently had the opportunity to make a close and thorough inspection of the lactose-dispensing goodies he wanted so much to get his hands on."

My opponent writes about how men often objectify women. How then, can he write the above? Women are not sex objects! Women are not pleasure inducers! Please treat them equally. I am appalled by my opponent's statements. (Also, my opponents statements are nothing but ridiculous. Even if my opponent had his product, that would not have stopped from me staring.)

"This will slate your thirst for eyefuls of cleavage and enable you to have normal conversations with cracking birds without continually peering down their blouses."

Once again irrelevant. Your product does not prevent leering, and so this is off topic.

Also, stop objectifying women!

"However, my revolutionary new electric bras have a huge advantage over all existing personal security devices as they are continually armed and deploy automatically."

No evidence? No proof? I shall refute this statement anyway. The problem with your product is this: Your product would only work if the offender attacked the women's breasts first. Pepper spray is much more effective for overall defense, and ensure much more security.

RE: 2 Hypothetical Stories.

These stories are completely imagined. I shall refute them anyway. If someone were really that aggressive, your proposed bra would do no good. Sure, it takes time to get out some pepper spray, but it also takes time to activate the electricity. Surely a motivated offender would take note of this, and would not be stopped by your product.

"1 in 3 women have been sexually assaulted and there is a justifiable fear of becoming a victim in the reaming two thirds."

I'd like to remind my opponent that his (heavily biased) statistic refers to the world, not just western countries. Because these bras would be exclusively marketed to us Westerners (no one else has enough money for such a product), we can ignore everyone else. There is therefore no justifiable reason any Western women should be afraid of sexual assault. The statistic is much less for modernized countries.

"As for those women concerned with accidentally electrocuting innocent members of the public in very crowded places, I forgot to mention there is an on/off switch!"

Point conceded. You still have nothing.

I'd like to thank my opponent for starting this debate; and I'd like to thank the audience for spending the time to read it.
Posted by chihiro 8 years ago
chihiro
It's called a turtleneck and a taser.lol
But it is a bit impractical especially during storms.Nice idea nonetheless.I do agree that women shouldn't be wearing certain things to "look attractive" then get offended when someone shows physical signs of attraction.It kind of defeats the purpose of slutwear.lol.It's funny how Dave Chappell put it once."some women say,'I'm not a whore!' yet they dress like one.It's like me wearing a cop uniform and someone coming up to me asking for help because they got robbed.Then me turning to them and saying,'just because I'm dressed like a cop doesn't mean I am one!'"Sad part is it's all true.Some women are like that.Only thing is that I'm a woman and don't understand it myself.Much like the bathroom thing where my female friends ask me to go to the bathroom with them.Hell,If I want to go to the bathroom,you better not be talking to me.Some people can't "go" when people are talking to them. XD
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
I would vote but the texty thingy hasn't come in yet...
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
I wuz tired wen i rote me r3. manee tiepoes i no.
Posted by LandonWalsh 8 years ago
LandonWalsh
"mammary-mashing miscreant that makes the mistake of messing with your melons." ROFL
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
I'd hate to have my hands slip.....
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
With care, I'm_always_right!
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Quick question, how does she get it off without shocking herself?
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
LOL, this should be funny....
Posted by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
I would strongly suggest any woman wearing an electric bra check the weather before leaving the house, you would NOT want to get that wet.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Hi PoeJoe.

I have a confession to make. At the time of writing my R2, I was in an Internet cafe, drunk, and in a hurry to get back to the Chinese wedding at which I was a guest.

I replied to yours, but shamefully missed a couple of other debates - Chinese wedding clebrations take the whole day, as you may know.

Anyway, your anecdote is very amusing by itself. I just wonder if there were any witnesses?
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by DrumBum1234 8 years ago
DrumBum1234
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by josh_42 8 years ago
josh_42
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by burningpuppies101 8 years ago
burningpuppies101
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
brian_egglestonPoeJoeTied