Max.Wallace
Jellon

Bring it heathen, religous tyrant and fools alike

Jellon
Started: 8/31/2014 Category: Funny

Max.Wallace

Pro

If you are the religeous sort then you follow the leader like a fool in line. Your mind is your own, unless you are a follower.
Jellon

Con

Although I'm not exactly sure what I am debating, this looked like a fun debate to have. I gladly accept the challenge. I'm looking forward to your opening arguments in round 2.
Max.Wallace

Pro

you made no argument whatsoever to my statement, so I wish you the best.
Jellon

Con

Almost no one truly thinks for themselves, follower or not. If you don't follow a religion, you follow your instincts based on what you read. If you make stuff up, then you're not a follower, but you're also likely wrong. It you are religious, you can still think for yourself. If that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be diversity among individual religions. The only difference is that religious followers use a different set of axioms than those who don't follow the same sect of religion.
For example, I just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year; not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?
Max.Wallace

Pro

I do think for myself, not just selfishly as most do.
Jellon

Con

I think for myself too. I'm a Messianic Gentile, Libertarian, and Old Earth Creationist. My family are all conservative Christians, Republicans, and Young Earth Creationists. Let's just say I don't believe what I grew up being taught at my church and Christian school.
The reason I believe in a deity is personal experience. I don't claim to be able to prove my experiences, but I have definitely had experiences with the super natural. Some of these experiences include significant (non-minor) healings and other unexplainable events. After all I've been through, I can't help but believe there is at least some truth in the scriptures I follow. That isn't to say that I'm right and everyone else is wrong, but my beliefs are based on very real experiences.
But my experiences are also based on science. It was science that convinced me the earth and universe is old. My belief in the divine is further supported by near death experiences, which I'd gladly debate with anyone. My mind is pretty open. I think for myself too. I just have different experiences, axioms, and data from which to draw conclusions from.
I swear to drunk I'm not God, but seriously, stay in drugs, eat school, and don't do vegetables.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
holy hahhahahhahah!! It was pretty funny, you have to admit.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
@dynamicduodebaters
Con could have done better, but this was in the category of "funny" and con didn't care to try to respond to a lack of argument by Pro. ;)
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
i bust a gut on that last one. lol!
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
bring it noob sniper desirerer. fool.
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
"Being it heathen, religious tyrant and fools alike" isn't something I can respond to. It's not a logical assertion of fact. What am I supposed to be debating here?
Is your intention to state that everyone who follows a religion is a fool who doesn't think for themselves? Is that what we're debating?
Posted by TrasguTravieso 2 years ago
TrasguTravieso
This would have been so much fun to noobs snipe.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
What do you mean the religious sort? just people who believe in a god? or only those who are devout to a particular faith?
Vote Placed by Envisage 2 years ago
Envisage
Max.WallaceJellonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Easy votes like this are easy. No arguments from Pro, and barely even a resolution.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Max.WallaceJellonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro rarely made an argument and had grammatical errors.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Max.WallaceJellonTied
Reasons for voting decision: As th instigator and th one making the positive claim, pro had bop. However, he made no arguments, so con wins by.default.
Vote Placed by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Max.WallaceJellonTied
Reasons for voting decision: BOP is on pro. He made no argument. Tho con could do better, con wins this debate by almost default.