ibis
TheMarketLibertarian

Bring my child up the Satanic way? Or leave him to drink the poison or bleach of other religions?

ibis has forfeited round #5.

ibis

Pro

As seen in most christian societies, homes and communities, children is force fed the parents religion. As they say that children don't know not to drink poison etc. and all those arguments, but I would like to argue the same as christians, but with my religion for 7 yeras now, Satanism.

I believe any religion other than my pagan path is poison and is harmful to children especially Christianity and I would like to ban people from trying to sway my childs mind towards this type of poison.

I see it fit to teach my son critical thinking, rationalism, science and art and the philosophy of survival for the fittest.

I want my kid to look after himself in seeing people at face value and rejecting hypocritical self deceit.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

Neither- paganism is just an older less evolved version of Modern Theism. Instead, you should teach your children areligious Classical Liberalism.
ibis

Pro

Maybe, but how does that benefit my son?

My son would benefit more with understanding basic knowledge in survival like the science of the occult. And maybe understanding the roots of the subject of religion and witchcraft is not such a bad idea.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

Because it will teach him to be an atheist, use reason, and critical thinking, but also to be a good person and not a satanist. Also teach him that religion is horsesh*t- keep that in mind.
ibis

Pro

Discrimination against atheists were and still are a problem in the world, this leaves me wondering how any atheist can discriminate against a Satanist who seems to share much of the same disbelief in supernatural deities.

As a Satanist I should be allowed to teach my son Satanism, as I believe the sheep mentality and herding of humanists and Christians are a weakness and will cause him to be a 'bad' person in my eyes. He would be just another human trying to impress everyone by becoming part of the herd. Whether atheist or theist this type of mind virus is fatal to the individuality of a person.

As a Satanist I believe in the power of the occult, the science and art of causing change to reality. I believe in man as just another animal and see myself relating more to a wolf than a sheep and want to teach my son to become more like me tan you. Atheistic humanism is just the same as Christianity, their 'critical thinking' is just a meme they throw around to fit in to their herd.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

Not believing in the invisible man who lives in the sky is not equivolent to religion.
ibis

Pro

So what you are saying is for me to be religious I have to believe in an invisible man in the sky?

I don't believe in gods, but I do have a religion. I believe the gods are archetypes and religion is a platform to attack politics and antics used to oppress me, so as a satanist i seek to teach my son to be wiser, smarter and more successful in life than that of other religions.
Posted by ibis 10 months ago
ibis
Teach your children individuality, this opponenent is just spouting memes.

He is so uneducated he thinks i believe in a literal satan as angel or something, doesn't he know what archetype is and parody?
Posted by TheMarketLibertarian 10 months ago
TheMarketLibertarian
Don't let your kid turn into a poor delusional nut like this guy
Posted by CreepnDebates 10 months ago
CreepnDebates
I believe that you should teach your child to find their own path in the religious environment. Instead of teaching him that Satanism is the way, teach hi to form his own opinion, and his own path. I am a Christian at heart, and believe what I believe only because I came to it on my own. As he gets old, have intelligent arguments about what he believes in V's. what you believe in.
Posted by canis 10 months ago
canis
No way is the solution...