Stephen_Hawkins
lacusness

Britain should take a harsher stance on the riots

Stephen_Hawkins

Con

The topic is quite simple. The riots, referring to current events. I am taking the position that Britain should NOT be harsher on those rioters. The first round is acceptance and clarification.
lacusness

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate. I will be on the pro side supporting the idea of being "harsh" on the rioters in England.

However a bit of clarification is needed:

The current event that you mention is the August 2011 England riots which is triggered by the killing of Mark Duggan.

By "Britain", I will assume that it means the policemen that are currently involved with the August 2011 riots in England
as they are the only group that holds authority to do the "harsh stance" to the rioters.

I will also have to assume;
harsh : "ungentle and unpleasant in action or effect: harsh treatment; harsh manners."
http://dictionary.reference.com...

If you disagree with the clarification that I've made, please elaborate more on your topic title "Britain should take a harsher stance on the riots". If otherwise, then let's get it on.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Stephen_Hawkins forfeited this round.
lacusness

Pro

lacusness forfeited this round.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Stephen_Hawkins forfeited this round.
lacusness

Pro

lacusness forfeited this round.
Stephen_Hawkins

Con

Stephen_Hawkins forfeited this round.
lacusness

Pro

lacusness forfeited this round.
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Police are already arresting rioters. The degree of extra "strictness" would be of the confirmer's discretion.
Posted by TheBaldKnobbers 5 years ago
TheBaldKnobbers
I love how no one mentions that they are race riots mainly with blacks stealing a bunch of shitt
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Sorry. Maybe a language barrier. From my area of Britain, "Harsher" means punishing someone with more force..
Posted by Christopheratheist 5 years ago
Christopheratheist
Debate is to open to Semantics, as with Quarter I would take this debate if I knew the position of "Harsher" here.
Posted by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
Can you make it clear what a "harsher stance" would be?

Would it be having police arrest the rioters or having police shoot the rioters or what?