krekre10
logoman

Britney Spears is a terrible singer.

krekre10

krekre10

Pro

I believe that Britney Spears is a terrible singer. She may have started off with a decent voice at a young age, however as she evolved into the "super star" that she is , she lost all of her singing talent. The fact that she sells so many records and continues to tour and make millions off a concert based on lip syncing just doesn't seem right to me.
logoman

Con

Brit might have started off good but she got even better. Her latest album showcased the range within her voice.
krekre10

Pro

Her new album may have showcased her "voice" but nowadays record producers can filter your voice to make it sound like anyone. Its called auto tunes, I believe. Have you ever heard her perform live? Or I can't even say "live" because most of her performaces are lip syncing.
logoman

Con

What makes you 100% positive she is lip syncing? She sounds very good live and yes I have seen her in concert. Sometimes it is not just about the voice but her performance as a whole that makes her a superstar.
krekre10

Pro

Well for the sake of my debate, Im not addressing her performance as whole, I am addressing her ability to sing. She has been caught several times lip syncing ( youtube ) you can clearly see with your own eyes she is lip syncing, considering her mouth isn't even moving at some parts.
logoman

Con

The quality of that video isn't good at all and can be left open for interpretation. She does have back up vocalists to help her. She dances a lot and that makes it hard to sing at some points in her show.
krekre10

Pro

It may not be the best quality, however you can clearly hear her voice still singing and CLEARLY see her mouth not moving. There are also several instances, for example , in her song "3", the beginning lyrics are so auto tuned it is impossible for anyone to actually sound like that, yet it sounds identical in her live performances.
logoman

Con

Do you have professional training in audio tunes to come to such a conclusion? She may have stopped moving her mouth but most performers have live back up to help them throughout their performance.
krekre10

Pro

No I don't have any professional training but auto tunes is something very recognizable to anyone who is a fan of music, which I am . Many artist, not only Britney, use this technique, which is why it is easy to recognize. As far as back up singers...yes many artist have them but they never keep playing the main artist voice while they are singing. That is something I have not heard of.
logoman

Con

Considering you have no professional traning you can't 100% say the clip from the song you are speaking of is auto tuned. Some artists also sing along with their own track playin in the background.
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
I would have been pro.
Posted by logoman 4 years ago
logoman
what do you mean?
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Why is everyone always on the wrong side?
Vote Placed by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
krekre10logomanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Some drops by Con, but ultimately, he wasn't given a good case to start with.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
krekre10logomanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Offers more evidence