yomama12
XLAV

Brock, from Pokemon, is Asian

XLAV
Started: 4/6/2014 Category: Funny

yomama12

Pro

I will be debating that Brock is Asian.
XLAV

Con

I accept this debate. I will be debating that Brock is not Asian.
yomama12

Pro

(note, i apoligise if i offend any users/viewers who are from Asia, i am not racist, i just feel that Brock is a different race, that's all)

Although i cannot identify what Asians look like, there is no example of it on wikipedia, check if you don't believe me, i do know what they look like. Asian people have a little darker skin than usual, and slanted eyes, which looks like they are squinting, ( i apoligise for any racist stuff i say) Brock, the rock gym leader from the Pokemon series. fits all of these descriptions, therefore, he is Asian. Although there are not any continents in pokemon, there are regions, there asre still the different races. I mean, it would be boring if everyone in the Pokemon world was white, right? I await for my opponents response and rebuttals.
XLAV

Con

XLAV forfeited this round.
yomama12

Pro

I extend all arguments.
XLAV

Con

I would like to apologize for forfeiting last round. Now, let’s go straight to the arguments.

Definitions

asian - a person born, raised, or living in Asia [1]

mexican - a person born, raised, or living in Mexico [2]

Arguments

1. Brock is Mexican.

Mexican Brock

In the series he has both worn a sombrero and dress in traditional Mexican clothing in the show on multiple occasions, sings Takeshi's Paradise [3] and even has a dancing Ludicolo.

Brock and Ludicolo

Brock has also been known to be a gym leader and own a large collection of pet rocks [4]. He is of short stature compared to most adults in the series but still taller than any of his traveling companions and he flirts with every woman he meets. Brock is also known for his ability to perform just about any task imaginable and does much of the gang's cooking, cleaning, and general care-taking.

Jack-of-all-trade

Rebuttals

1.

“Asian people have a little darker skin than usual, and slanted eyes, which looks like they are squinting. Brock, the rock gym leader from the Pokemon series. fits all of these descriptions, therefore, he is Asian.”

Mexicans also have darker/brown skin. Brock having slanted eyes doesn’t mean he’s Asian. Not all brown, squinted eye guys are Asian.

Left: Guy with squinted eyes - Right: Brock

I would like to thank my opponent for starting this debate. I would also like to apologize again for my forfeit last round.

VOTE CON!!!

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...;

[2] http://www.merriam-webster.com...;

[3] https://www.youtube.com...;

[4] http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...(anime)

Posted by ChandanB 2 years ago
ChandanB
Guys Guys!!! They are all asian!! Pokemon region names traveled by them are Japanese in nature -_-
Posted by fight4rightz 3 years ago
fight4rightz
How could Brock be Asian if there is no Asia in the Pokeverse?
Posted by yomama12 3 years ago
yomama12
that's ok.
Posted by XLAV 3 years ago
XLAV
Dammit, sorry for forfeiting. I will still continue this debate.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
yomama12XLAVTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by con so conduct to pro, however Con provided stronger arguments that were backed by sources and Pro failed to prove or even show strong evidence that brock is asian.