xXCryptoXx
imabench

Bronies are Homosexual Part 2

xXCryptoXx

xXCryptoXx

Con

Okay! Here is the rematch to the some-what popular debate, Bronies are Homosexual.

All arguments are extended from the last debate.

I would like to ask Imabench to post his last argument in the last debate in Round 1 to make it a bit easier for me to respond in round 2.

For those who have not seen the last debate here is the link http://www.debate.org...

Definitions

Brony - "A name typically given to the male viewers/fans (whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, etc.) of the My Little Pony show or franchise."(1)

Homosexual - "of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex"(2)

And for the sake of the debate, Gay - "Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex."(3)

Rules

No trolling, semantics, lawyering, strawmanning or anything that the average DDO member would not approve of.

Have fun with the debate and good luck!

(1)http://www.urbandictionary.com...
(2)http://www.merriam-webster.com...
(3)http://education.yahoo.com...

imabench

Pro

Arguments that bronies are homosexuals from last round from the previous debate:

1) Homosexuals like gay things

My Little Pony is a tv show that is about a unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle who learns lessons about the magic friendship with her pony friends Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Spike the Dragon, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna in the town of ponyville.

Now is that not the GAYEST thing youve ever heard?

Homosexuals like gay things,
This show is clearly gay,
Bronies like this show which you can agree sounds pretty gay,
Therefore bronies are homosexual

2) The show was meant for little girls to watch

The TV show is currently rated "TV-Y" meaning it is geared for audiences between the ages of 2 to 6

Since everything in the show is geared to being related to pink, friendship, magic, and other gay stuff, we can conclude the show is meant for little girls. When guys really like stuff meant for little girls, then theyre homosexuals since homosexuals and little girls all like the same things. (stuff that is pink, shoes, pink shoes, cartoons, ponies, cartoon ponies, pink ponies, magic, friendship, pony friendships, girly names, magic ponies, etc)

3) My Little Pony porn.....

Rule 34 of the internet states that if something exists, then there has been porn made of it somewhere. That rule is VERY VERY VERY ABUNDANTLY TRUE FOR MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC.... Like for real, there is a LOT of it out there...

Due to the large amounts of pony-on-pony porn stuff on the internet, it implies that all men who like my little pony also like looking at pictures of male male ponies doing all kinds of weird gay sex stuff with each other on the internet. This means all guys who like the show also like gay porn of the show, which does make them homosexuals.

4) Studies have shown that many men who do watch "My Little Pony" dont respond well to being challenged for who they are and overreact, and also look for a confrontation much like homosexuals

See video above and to the right

5) No cure for either

There is no cure for those who watch my little pony
There is also no cure for those who are gay

Coincidence? I THINK NOT

6) Bronies and homosexuals naturally have a lot in common

Bronies and homosexuals share a lot in common in how they are treated by society or interact with other people.
- They cannot legally marry each other in multiple states
- They are often avoided, ignored, or treated poorly by society
- They both have weird taste that straight non bronies dont have
- They both have a poor taste in tv shows
- They both have poor choice in fashion
- They both are naturally really bad at sports
- They both have a hard time holding a political office like Senator or Congressmen

7) Bronies throw a b*tch fit over the smallest things, much like homosexuals

When Wal-mart started selling My Little Pony T-Shirts to bronies, they accidentally used the graphics from an older show instead of the actual 'friendship is magic' show. Bronies went ballistic against Wal-mart for the screwup
http://breakingusworld.blogspot.com...

Since they show the exact same actions when being humiliated or teased by others, it can be concluded that they are in fact one in the same (a brony and a homosexual)

And the most damning evidence of all:

8) The rise in men who like My Little Pony has also coincided with a rise in rights for gays and lesbians within the US

My Little Pony friendship is magic is not the first show based on My Little Pony to come out... Its actually THE FOURTH.

First there was 'My Little Pny 'n friends" which ran from 1986 to 1987. It did not have a large male fan base and at the same time, homosexuals were still largely discriminated against, in 1987 they couldnt even serve in the military since 'Dont Ask Dont Tell' wasnt implemented until the Clinton Years

Then there was "My Little Pony Tales" which only ran from July of 1992 to December of also 1992. Gays back then also didnt have many rights and they were not allowed to get married legally in any state

Then there was generation 3, which was a series of direct-to-television movies regarding my little pony that lasted from 2003 to 2009. During this time there were also no broad fanbase of bronies and gay rights were still close to nonexistent

THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED

Generation 4, Friendship is Magic, came out in 2010 right when Gay Marriage was being legalized in numerous states as the years began to tick by. The rise in Gay rights sharply coincided with the rise in bronies.

The rise in gay rights coincided with the rise in bronyism, which means it is more then likely that since both came around at the same time, then both are one in the same, and that all bronies are homosexuals

==========================================================================

To Conclude, it is reasonable to believe that all bronies are indeed homosexuals based on the following:
1) Bronies and homosexuals share a lot in common ranging from suckiness in sports to liking things that only girls like
2) The abundance of gay my little pony porn and close to zero straight pony porn indicates that many if not all bronies only like gay porn, making them homosexual since homosexuals also like gay porn.
3) Bronies and homosexuals show the same symptoms and pent up anger when being teased by others for what they like.
4) There is no cure for Homosexuality and there is also no cure for being a Brony
5) Bronies only started showing up right when being gay started becoming acceptable in parts of the US
6) Bronies and homosexuals b*tch and complain about the stupidest stuff exactly the same

If you ever meet a brony who is openly a brony and claims to be straight, he is lying and is simply a brony who hasnt accepted that he is actually homosexual.... Because who can honestly look at this picture of the TV show, think that this is indeed a good TV show, and NOT be a homosexual?

http://images5.fanpop.com...

xXCryptoXx

Con

There was one other part of Pro's response that was fairly important, and that had to do with the link I had shared proving that not all Bronies are homosexual. I will respond to that now.

My source stated, "Not surprising to us, 70% of the Bronies described themselves as being heterosexual. Twelve percent identified themselves as bisexual, and only 2% as homosexual."

This came from http://www.bronystudy.com...

In response, my opponent stated, "Now then, the one study that the pro cites as evidence that Bronies arent gay is actually named "BRONYSTUDY.COM"... and here is a link to the main page: http://www.bronystudy.com......

As you can see, the study is CLEARLY biased and not based on actual evidence because the doctor who conducted the study, 'Dr Psych Ology', HAPPENS TO BE A PONY..... The study is clearly doctored and made up since it is being conducted by an actual pony, so the results cannot be trusted..."

Obviously my opponent cannot be serious. There is no possible way that that study could have been conducted by a real pony. There is also zero bias seeing that 24,000 Bronies signed up and completed the surveys so they could have information on what Bronies were like. It would be foolish and counterproductive to change the results due to a certain biasness towards Bronies.

Contention 1

My opponent states, "Now is that not the GAYEST thing youve ever heard?" after explaining what MLP is about.

Seeing that the definition of gay is "Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex" then the statement Pro has made does not make sense. Now if we were using the definition of gay as in happy or merry I would absolutely agree with his statement, however that is not the case. Pro's statement does not make sense, nor is it relevant to the debate.

Pro is not using t definition of gay to coincide with the definition of homosexual.

Contention 2

My opponent states, " When guys really like stuff meant for little girls, then theyre homosexuals since homosexuals and little girls all like the same things."

This is simply not true. Pro has also shown no evidence that this is true.

Here is an example of a straight man who enjoys girly things;

"love to do the housework and I'm the only person I know who loves to do the washing up. I take great care over my appearance and even file my nails (which are short, but I like to keep them looking nice). I even moisturize on a daily basis. My ideal night in would be spent in front of the TV watching a great romantic movie with a big box of chocolates to hand.

Is this being too girly for a guy? I am a straight man, and even some of my ex-girlfriends have said that they wish I was more manly. "(1)

Straight - "heterosexual"(2)

Contention 3

"Due to the large amounts of pony-on-pony porn stuff on the internet, it implies that all men who like my little pony also like looking at pictures of male male ponies doing all kinds of weird gay sex stuff with each other on the internet."

False, it could very well mean that only the homosexuals that watch the show watch homosexual pony porn. You have shown no evidence that heterosexuals watch this.

Contention 4

The video you posted is obviously an acted out video that is supposed to be found humorous. This video can by no means be used as proof to your statement. You can tell this video is fake by the poor acting, and the cuts to different camera angles.

Contention 5

"There is no cure for those who watch my little pony

Coincidence? I THINK NOT"

I caught the word "think" in that statement. Anyone else? This is obviously just an opinion and very, very well could be (is) a coincidence. Also there is a cure for people who watch MLP. You simply stop watching it and over the years you forget about it. Refuted.

Contention 6

"Bronies and homosexuals share a lot in common in how they are treated by society or interact with other people.
- They both have poor choice in fashion
- They both have a hard time holding a political office like Senator or Congressmen"

I will respond to these one by one.

1. Of course they can't, they are all males. This would be like saying all females are lesbians because they have some things in common and one is that they cannot marry each other in multiple states.

2. Not really, I normally don't hear anything about Bronies. I hardly knew they existed until a couple of months ago. Anyways, same thing I said with my the first point; even if they did have this in common this is far from proof that all Bronies are homosexual.

3. I hardly think that you can call a homosexual man's taste weird. It is simply feminine. His taste isn't weird; it's the fact that he is male and likes certain feminine things that is weird. Again, even if they do have this in common it is irrelevant to the debate.

4. lol. Read the last sentence of my second point.

5. Read last part of second point.

6. That is very, very debatable. Good thing we are debating right now, eh? You have absolutely no evidence to support this. There is at least one athletic gay guy out there. In fact, take a look at this LOL. http://www.realjock.com...
Proof, that there is one athletic homosexual out there. Read last sentence of second point.

7. lolwut? Can you give me one case when a Brony ran for Senator or Congressman. Also, read last sentence of second point.

Contention 7

I hate to say it again, but just because homosexuals and Bronies may have something in common does not mean that they are one in the same.

This is basically your logic in a nut shell.

1. I am human.
2. Homosexuals are human.
3. I am homosexual.

This is poor logic and is simply not true.

Contention 8

"Generation 4, Friendship is Magic, came out in 2010 right when Gay Marriage was being legalized in numerous states as the years began to tick by. The rise in Gay rights sharply coincided with the rise in bronies. "

No, the rise in gay Bronies went with the rise in gay rights. The more people push for gay rights, the more people think, "Oh, I guess being gay isn't so bad. Maybe I'll try it out." Hence there will be far more gay Bronies then there was back in the earlier MLP generations.

You provide no evidence to prove that all Bronies are homosexual; you have only stated that there will be more homosexual Bronies because of the rise of gay rights.

"The rise in gay rights coincided with the rise in bronyism, which means it is more then likely that since both came around at the same time, then both are one in the same, and that all bronies are homosexuals"

This lacks so much logic that I can't even...

You are basically stating that because they both started happening during the same time that they are the same thing.

With your logic:

1. I play baseball on Tuesday.
2. I play basketball on Tuesday.
3. Basketball and baseball are the same thing because I played them both on Tuesday

My opponent has only stated mere coincidences and has provided absolutely no proof as to whether all Bronies are Homosexual or not.

Thank you for taking the time to debate with me and thank you for graciously accepting my rematch offer.

(1)http://uk.answers.yahoo.com...
(2)http://www.urbandictionary.com...

imabench

Pro

-) Cons Study

If you click the home page for the study in question, this comes up:
http://www.bronystudy.com...

Originally I attacked the credibility of the source since the doctor who carried out the study, 'Dr Psych Ology', gave a picture of himself and it was a picture of a pony from the show. However it is obvious though that the source cannot be trusted and gave biased results since whoever made the webpage is clearly also a brony.

"There is also zero bias seeing that 24,000 Bronies signed up and completed the surveys"

Theres a MASSIVE bias! Asking 24,000 bronies what they think of My Little Pony is the equivalent asking 24,000 people who voted for Obama what they think of Obama. In both cases you will have people who are disconnected with reality and have a massive bias when describing the thing they love to no end. The study is clealry biased and therefore cant be used as evidence

Now for my own arguments

1) It sounds pretty gay

" if we were using the definition of gay as in happy or merry I would absolutely agree with his statement, however that is not the case. Pro's statement does not make sense, nor is it relevant to the debate."

The adjective Gay has numerous definitions, one of which is 'of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues'.
http://dictionary.reference.com...

A show about magical girly ponies obsessed with friendship supports numerous homosexual interests, such as ponies, pink, and other things that straight guys think are pretty stupid. Bronies even have a hard time describing what to the show is about to others because of how gay it sounds... Therefore it can be said that the show is pretty gay

2) The show is meant for little girls to watch

I said that "When guys really like stuff meant for little girls, then theyre homosexuals since homosexuals and little girls all like the same things." Con responded by saying

"This is simply not true. Pro has also shown no evidence that this is true."

However I have listed numerous things that little girls and homosexuals both enjoy which the con has not countered, therefore it can be concluded that gays and little girls like the same things, and that this show appeals to little girls, and gays.

"Here is an example of a straight man who enjoys girly things; I love to do the housework and I'm the only person I know who loves to do the washing up. I take great care over my appearance and even file my nails. Is this being too girly for a guy? I am a straight man, and even some of my ex-girlfriends have said that they wish I was more manly.

He may think hes straight but lets face it, that guy is gay as f*ck and simply refuses to accept it.... If he did ONE girly thing as a straight guy then thats a different matter, but he likes MULTIPLE really girly things that indicates he is clearly gay.

3) Male on Male My Little Pony Porn

"it could very well mean that only the homosexuals that watch the show watch homosexual pony porn. You have shown no evidence that heterosexuals watch this. "

Heterosexuals dont watch gay porn, they watch straight porn. Since there is no straight people my little pony porn at all, it can be concluded that heterosexuals dont watch the show according to rule 34 of the internet. This again points to the conclusion that all bronies are gay, and that some of them also like gay pony porn

4) Gays and Bronies act the same when being harassed

"You can tell this video is fake by the poor acting, and the cuts to different camera angles."

The video is meant to showcase how Bronies react to people who have a problem with them being a brony, not be realistic.

Heres more proof that the two groups act the same: Gay people support each other by making black and white youtube videos that basically list the problems gays go through, but that it will get better for them in the end. There are also videos that are structured the exact same way meant for bronies, see video number 1

Bronies and Gays have the same kind of support groups and support messages they send to each other, adding more evidence that the two are the same

5) There is no cure for being gay or for watching My Little Pony

"there is a cure for people who watch MLP. You simply stop watching it and over the years you forget about it. Refuted"

Oh so I guess that your solution to being gay is to simply stop being it and over the years you forget about it... Thats very ignorant and offensive to gays Con.

6) Similarities between bronies and gays

- 1 - Pro agrees that they cant marry each other in many states
- 2 - Pro denies that some people look down on bronies just as much as much as some people look down on gays, and instead substitutes his own opinion in as fact
- 3, 4, and 5 - Pro says that gay guys dont have weird taste, they have a feminine taste, which is just fancy talk for gay/weird taste
- 6 - Pro points out that there is an athletic gay guy, but he has failed to prove that there is an athletic brony out there, so this point stands unrefuted. The main point of this though was that a large majority of gay guys arent athletic, and tat a large majority of bronies arent athletic either.
- 7 - Pro concedes that bronies and gays have a very hard time running for office, and actually points out that bronies dont often run for Congress, LIKE GAYS

7) Bronies throw girly fits over the stupidest stuff just like Gay guys

"just because homosexuals and Bronies may have something in common does not mean that they are one in the same."

If they only had one thing in common, then it is reasonable to conclude that they might not be the same. However, Bronies and Gays have EVERYTHING IN COMMON. The more similarities two things have, the more likely they are the same thing.

Here is a video showing how 'bronies' have to come out of the closet to their parents to explain who they are. You know who else does that? GAYS thats right. The video also shows how bronies and gays dress the same, use a lot of hair gel, wear skinny jeans, and that what they do in their room is their own business, JUST LIKE GAYS

See video 2

The saying goes: "If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, if it looks like duck, and if it likes really gay stuff like a really gay duck, then guess what ITS A GAY DUCK."

There are dozens and dozens of other similarities between bronies and gays that it would be easier to just list the differences, if they existed. I invite Con to list the differences between brony's and gays and show that they are not the same

8) Rise in bronyism coincides with the rise in gay rights

" " I guess being gay isn't so bad. Maybe I'll try it out." Hence there will be far more gay Bronies then there was back in the earlier MLP generations."

But the point is that there wasnt a large brony fan following before gay rights began to form. If there were such a thing as 'straight bronies', then they would have existed and been around in large numbers long before gay rights came around. But they havent! Bronyism has only been around since being gay became ok, if there were straight bronies then they would have existed long before gay rights came about.

The absence of straight bronies back when homosexuality was frowned upon indicates that they never existed, meaning that since all bronies came around only when being gay became ok, then all bronies must be gay.

Videos 3 and 4 show more about how bronies act gay, by showing what they do in their spare time or how they react to haters.

xXCryptoXx

Con

-) Con's Study

"Asking 24,000 bronies what they think of My Little Pony is the equivalent asking 24,000 people who voted for Obama what they think of Obama. In both cases you will have people who are disconnected with reality and have a massive bias when describing the thing they love to no end. The study is clealry biased and therefore cant be used as evidence"

Clearly my opponent has not read the study at all because the study isn't about how much Bronies love MLP, it is about Bronies personal and social lives! Of course there would be biasness if the surveys were about how much Bronies love MLP, but that is simply not the case.

1) It sounds pretty gay

"A show about magical girly ponies obsessed with friendship supports numerous homosexual interests, such as ponies, pink, and other things"

That is extremely stereotypical to say all gay men enjoy the color pink, ponies, and friendship. They could be described as childish things and girly things, but it is not fair to say it is a homosexual thing also. Gay men like colors just like any other people, and gay men like animals just like other people do.

"Bronies even have a hard time describing what to the show is about to others because of how gay it sounds..."

They have trouble describing it to others because it is a show meant for little girls. I would be embarrassed too if I had to explain that to someone!

2) The Show is meant for little girls to watch

"However I have listed numerous things that little girls and homosexuals both enjoy which the con has not countered"

They did not need to be countered. What you stated was simply an untrue, gay stereotypical response. Since you were the one that stated all gays like those things, you have the burden of proof that all gay men like the listed feminine things. You did not list any evidence, Therefore your argument is invalid.

In response to my example of a straight man liking feminine activities, my opponent stated the following

"He may think hes straight but lets face it, that guy is gay as f*ck and simply refuses to accept it.... If he did ONE girly thing as a straight guy then thats a different matter, but he likes MULTIPLE really girly things that indicates he is clearly gay."

My opponent answers to my example with an unsupported, extremely opinionated, response. I have shown clear proof that not all gay men like girly things and my opponent refuses to accept it. My argument stands un-refuted.

3) Male on Male My Little Pony Porn

My opponent only states a theory to the reason only gay MLP porn exists. I will give a counter theory to refute this.

There are several ways to refute Pro's argument.

1. Heterosexual Bronies simply do not want to watch MLP porn.
2. There is most likely (I didn't want to look this up, so don't blame me.) lesbian pony porn seeing that all of the main characters in MLP are female. All the heterosexual MLP fans will be watching that.
3. Heterosexuals Bronies will be watching real porn because there is only Gay MLP porn offered.

I would like to note that Pro, nor I have provided sources as proof that MLP porn exists. To keep from inappropriate content on this debate I would feel it to be safest for us both to drop this argument as a tie. I will only do this if Pro agrees to. Obviously this will go nowhere seeing that neither of us can prove our arguments except through giving pornographic links.

"The video is meant to showcase how Bronies react to people who have a problem with them being a brony, not be realistic. "

"not be realistic. "

The entire video isn't realistic because it is supposed to be a humorous video and it fails to showcase how Bronies react because acting does not show true emotion and it is highly possible that they exaggerate reactions to make the video funnier. The video cannot be trusted as a legitimate source.

Same goes for the rest of your response. Every video you posted is made by HelloMyNameIsGeneric which makes humorous MLP videos. None of the videos are real and therefore cannot be used as actual sources.

"Oh so I guess that your solution to being gay is to simply stop being it and over the years you forget about it... Thats very ignorant and offensive to gays Con."

Pro's response is entirely irrelevant and does not even work as a counter to my argument. All I had to do was disprove one thing to tear down your whole "there is no cure for those who watch My Little Pony"
My point stands un-refuted.

1.Entirely irrelevant. My opponent didn't even respond to what I had said which was, "This would be like saying all females are lesbians because they have some things in common and one is that they cannot marry each other in multiple states."

2. I would say that they are looked down upon less than gay people, but again this is all irrelevant to the debate.

3-5. Irrelevant.

6. You were pointing out similarities. I have proved there were athletic homosexuals but not athletic Bronies that way they would be different. That's what I was aiming for. Once again, all of this is irrelevant.

7. This is the most irrelevant of all!

This entire point brought up by pro is extremely irrelevant to the entire debate! Just because you have similarities with something, it does not mean you are that particular something!

Pro's Logic:

1. the number 2 and 1 are lower numbers than 3.
2. The number 2 and 1 are also lower numbers than 4.
3. Therefore 3 and 4 are the same number because they share similarities.

"If they only had one thing in common, then it is reasonable to conclude that they might not be the same. However, Bronies and Gays have EVERYTHING IN COMMON."

This is simply not true. 100% of gay people are gay. Only 2% of Bronies are gay. Therefore gay people and Bronies have at least one thing that they do not have in common.

"Here is a video showing how 'bronies' have to come out of the closet to their parents to explain who they are. You know who else does that? GAYS thats right. The video also shows how bronies and gays dress the same, use a lot of hair gel, wear skinny jeans, and that what they do in their room is their own business, JUST LIKE GAYS"

I explained in an earlier section why your videos serve no proof and cannot be trusted.

"If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, if it looks like duck, and if it likes really gay stuff like a really gay duck, then guess what ITS A GAY DUCK."

Well of course it's a gay duck, you described it as a gay duck earlier in the quote.

However in real life this is not the case because the duck just so happens to be a straight Brony.

"But the point is that there wasnt a large brony fan following before gay rights began to form. If there were such a thing as 'straight bronies', then they would have existed and been around in large numbers long before gay rights came around. But they havent! Bronyism has only been around since being gay became ok, if there were straight bronies then they would have existed long before gay rights came about."

The reason there weren't Bronies before now was because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is because did not exist back then. Sure there were other generations of MLP, but none of them gave the qualities that the current generation does now. The qualities of this generation of MLP have been so good in fact, that it has attracted older male viewers.

My opponent has stated things that have no evidence to support it and are based off his own opinion. In addition I have proof that 70% of Bronies are Heterosexual, which refutes my opponents argument that all bronies are homosexual.

Vote Con!

imabench

Pro

1) Con's brony study by bronies

" it is about Bronies personal and social lives! Of course there would be biasness if the surveys were about how much Bronies love MLP, but that is simply not the case."

If the study asked how long a brony's p*nis was, do you think they would tell the truth? Of course not! They could lie as much as they want and not face any consequences because there is no way to validate whether they are being truthful or not, so there is plenty of incentive for them to lie about bronies and what they are really like since if they are lying, they wont get punished for it.

Think of your own facebook profile. How much of it actually reflects your life and how much of it instead tries to reflect on the highlights to make you seem more interesting then you are? Chances are you like to make yourself look good, and thats exactly what bronies would do if given the chance to make themselves look good to. This survey cannot be trusted since it is easily open to being compromised by dishonesty

If you want actual proof though that the study cant be accepted, then here:
http://www.dailydot.com...

^ This news article claims that 3,500 people, both bronies and non-bronies alike, completed the survey anonymously, while the study itself ludicrously claims that 24 THOUSAND had completed the survey, which is 8 times the actual amount! Now the study clearly cannot be trusted since it fudges its own numbers on top of the bronies who filled out the survey had no incentive to tell the truth and likely didnt.

2) The show sounds pretty gay

"That is extremely stereotypical to say all gay men enjoy the color pink, ponies, and friendship"

Just because its stereotyping it doesnt make it false....

Since Con has presented no actual evidence in this argument and instead just uses his own opinion to dismiss the facts that this show does sound pretty gay, the argument is dropped.

3) The show is meant for little girls

"you have the burden of proof that all gay men like the listed feminine things"

Funny how Con is now such a stickler for evidence when he doesnt back up his own arguments with ANY. If you wanted evidence then you should have asked sooner

http://thingsgayguyslike.tumblr.com...
http://stuffgayguyslike.wordpress.com...
http://www.buzzfeed.com...

"I have shown clear proof that not all gay men like girly things"

This ENTIRE debate you have not cited a SINGLE source for any of your arguments, so all of your arguments are opinions.

3) Gay Pony Porn

Fine we'll make this a tie since we cant present evidence for our case without breaking the websites rules regarding posting porn.

4) Countless similarities between Bronies and Gays

Con again uses his own opinion to dismiss the argument that Bronies and Gays both have similar support groups, similar messages that its ok to be who you are, and other such examples rather then cite evidence showing otherwise. The argument is dropped

5) No cure for being a Brony or Gay

Con once again uses his own opinion to dismiss the argument rather then cite actual evidence, this tiem though its mroe of an excuse then an opinion, so this point is also conceded.

6) Other similarities between bronies and Gays

This time Con simply states that all of these points are irrelevant, which is once again his own opinion... The simple truth is that the more and more similarities that a person or a group of people have with gays, the more likely they are indeed gay.

Con also failed to even prove that there is one athletic brony or one athletic gay guy, which combined with his other lack of any evidence means he has completely failed his BOP in showing any difference between Bronies and gays.

7) Girly Fits

"100% of gay people are gay. Only 2% of Bronies are gay. Therefore gay people and Bronies have at least one thing that they do not have in common."

The 2% stat comes from the compromised study that the Con cites as his only evidence in the entire debate, which I have shown is indeed compromised. Con has still failed to show definite examples of how bronies are different then gays, so this argument is also dropped

"Well of course it's a gay duck, you described it as a gay duck earlier in the quote."

So anything to you that acts gay is clearly gay.

Bronies act pretty gay and have a lot of similarities with gays, therefore even the con agrees that bronies are gay.

8) Rise in Bronyism right around when Gay Rights came about

" Sure there were other generations of MLP, but none of them gave the qualities that the current generation does now."

Con once again substitutes his own opinions as fact and provides no evidence to back up his claims.

Here is everything that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has in common with all other forms of My Little Pony:
- Theyre about ponies
- They all have really girly names
- Everything is animated
- Everything is made in a make believe world with a girly name
- Everything is Pink or girly colors
- All of them were meant to attract little girls
- All of them center around friendship and magic

Here is everything that are different between the two:
- Friendship is Magic has a very large gay guy audience

========================================================================

List of arguments dropped by the Con and list of claims that the Con has failed to prove are/arent true:

- 1 - Con fails to prove that the show isnt girly
- 2 - Con fails to prove that the show wasnt meant for little girls
- 3 - Con fails to overcome the fact that there are countless similarities between bronies and gays
- 4 - Con fails to provide a SINGLE DIFFERENCE between gay guys and bronies
- 7 - Con actually agrees that if someone is acting really gay then they are indeed gay
- 8 - Con drops the argument that the rise in Bronyism coincides precisely with the rise in Gay Rights
- 9 - Con drops that bronies and gays have to come out to their parents and friends
- 10 - Con drops that bronies and gays have eerily similar support groups and support messages they send to each other
- 11 - Con drops that gays and bronies have a taste in really girly things
- 12 - Con drops that gays and bronies do weird stuff in their bedroom and are 'caught' doing pretty gay stuff
- 13 - Con drops that there has never been a large brony following when gay rights were non-existant
- 14 - Con fails to prove that this new My Little Pony series is any different then the last three generations
- 15 - Con drops the argument that there is no cure for bronyism or for being gay
- 16 - Con concedes that bronies and gays cant marry in the same state
- 17 - Con concedes that people look down on bronies much like people look down on gays
- 18 - Con concedes that Bronies and Gays have difficulty running for public office

To those about to vote, the simple fact is that it must be concluded that two things are the same thing if there is no evidence of any difference between the two. That being said, there is not a single thing that separates bronies from gays, so you have to conclude that they are the same, and that therefore bronies are homosexual.
Posted by jaksunmadness 3 years ago
jaksunmadness
Crypto has made excellent points
Posted by xXCryptoXx 4 years ago
xXCryptoXx
Because the debate states "Bronies are Homosexual". There is an implied "all" before that statement. just as if I said Oranges are Orange; it is implied that I am speaking of all oranges.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
I still don't see the reasoning behind why he has to prove that all bronies are homosexual.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
lol, cause this isnt supposed to be a troll debate...
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
...And why is trolling against the rules in a troll debate?
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
What is "lawyering"? Saying things like "objection!" or "your honor, the witness..."?
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 4 years ago
MassiveDump
xXCryptoXximabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made multiple assumptions about both bronies and homosexuals but had nothing to prove them true. Con's statistic on the sexual orientation of bronies trumps all anyway. That's all that really needed to be argued. Pro made alot of statements, but when he occasionally backed his statements up, the logic was flawed. Pro should have challenged the resolution. All he had to say was "some bronies are gay, therefore bronies are gay. the resolution does not say 'all bronies', just 'bronies'"