Dirky
ameyav

Bronies are harmful to society.

ameyav

Dirky

Con

Bronies are considered deviant, but why? Deviance can come from the simplest of issues, be it a hair style, unconventional clothes, or liking foreign movies. I want to know what is SOOOOOOO bad about bronies and why they are wrong.
ameyav

Pro

There are things that I want you to state.
1)Our rules and regulation
2)Make the subject clearer,There are many meanings of bronies.Is this what you mean?
Brony is an Internet slang term that is used to describe a teenage or adult male fan of the TV cartoon series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (MLP:FiM). Though initially seen as a cult phenomenon outside of the show"s traditional demographic of young girls, the Bronies have since grown into a widely recognized fandom subculture and continued to retain their presence and influence on Internet culture and its hub sites.
source:http://knowyourmeme.com...

Since things are complicated.I'm giving you the opportunity to start this debate,Please clarify what must be.I'm looking forward for a good debate with you. :)
Dirky

Con

I am arguing the fact that there is nothing wrong with bronies (The MLP:FIM loving bros ) and the argument on the side that you have chosen is that they are harmful to society, culture, what have you, in that they have done something wrong and explain why that thing is wrong.
ameyav

Pro

Thanks for the information :D

You said that:I am arguing the fact that there is nothing wrong with bronies (The MLP:FIM loving bros ) and the argument on the side that you have chosen is that they are harmful to society, culture, what have you, in that they have done something wrong and explain why that thing is wrong.
I'm going to point this out:I am arguing the fact that there is nothing wrong with bronies (The MLP:FIM loving bros )

*So you are saying that your own opinions are fact?Your own maps are right?
My opponent thinks that his maps are right.
Maps are only things that explain what does the place look like,not what the place equally looks.So are opinions too,They only show what facts look like to them base on their own understanding and paradigms but it doesn't mean that they are facts.

I will prove you wrong :D

*I will give my opponent one word that explains why it is harmful to society.
. . .DEVIANCE. . .
Deviance, in a sociological context, describes actions or behaviors that violate social norms, including formally-enacted rules (e.g., crime),[1] as well as informal violations of social norms (e.g., rejecting folkways and mores). It is the purview of sociologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and criminologists to study how these norms are created, how they change over time and how they are enforced.
source:http://en.wikipedia.org...(sociology)

*Deviance can be compared evil.without evil you won't learn good deeds
example:When you have known that killing is an evil deed then you will learn that it is good not to kill

*harmfulness depends on where you stand.
example:All things in life with willpower have a will to defense themselves.When you have known that killing is not good,you won't kill.But what will you do if someone will kill you? thy only choice is to kill him for you to not be killed.Maybe others will say i'll let him kill me(person with high virtue or fool?),or you will kill him?
Didn't killing him makes you not a bad person because you only defend yourself? :)

*Lastly,Deviance makes you know what is right.Without deviance you won't learn what acceptable in society and what is right.
example:
~You won't learn good personalities without finding deviant on
~When you're still a child,You haven't known running naked isn't good until you have confirmed that it is deviant
~And lastly,You won't learn that bronies are harmful to society until,your classmateshouts My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic while your reading concentrately,your friend says Dash and Fluttershy all the time(saying obssessly) and lastly some of your relatives especially older ones can't get out of their sofa because they are obsess watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that you find out they don't even find a way to wash the dishes or even wipe the floor.

#There are people who love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.here are some:
~http://youtu.be...
~http://www.equestriadaily.com...
~http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com...

#There are people who hate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.here are some:
~https://www.facebook.com...
~http://youtu.be...
~http://www.tumblr.com...

*Logical reasoning(Inductive reasoning)

P1)You won't know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is harmful to society unless you prove to yourself
P2)You know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are harmless to society unless you prove to yourself
P3)There are people who love watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
P4)There are people who hate watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Conclusion:Therefore watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is neutral.It's up to you whether you watch it and act like a stupid in the society(be childish,obsessed,etc.) or watch it while making your personality acceptable in society.

Let's just say you have brony friends who is harmful and unharmful to society,harmful 30%,and unharmful 70%.Even if you say you belong to unharmful bronies,since there are still harmful bronies in society,it is still harmful. :D

Voters!,My opponent said that he will defend that there is nothing wrong with bronies(which means every brony should be harmless.) and he said i'm the one who will prove they are harfmul to society(bronies not every brony).

Since there are few who are harmful to society,It is still harmful.
Dirky

Con

When I refer to bronies being harmful to society, I am only talking about that one deviant act. Deviance, you said, was about social norm, the social norm in America is complex and impossible to master. There is no REAL social norm, literally. No one person could be put on what is defined as social norm, if they can, what is to define it? Where is the line in the sand that separates one who is of the norm to one who is not of the norm? 70% harmless? This, I assume, is neglecting that "normal" people are the same in many ways. This debate is about how the liking of MLP:FIM affects society in a declined slope. I want to know exactly how the liking of the show would have any effect on anyone in society, as in, if you took one brony and then 5 people "of the norm" and put them in a room, how would it impact the other 5? Leaving with this, as it is the last round of the debate, in reality, anything can be deviant, as my opponent stated previously: "Deviance, in a sociological context, describes actions or behaviors that violate social norm." Also he/she stated: "Lastly,Deviance makes you know what is right." Right? So I am to believe that society at large is right? With homicide, suicide, theft, sexual assault, general assault, and endless other crimes? With endless people in hypocrisy, because they themselves, possibly unknowing, are completely deviant to the same definition that the apply to the word? Nay, sir, good day.
ameyav

Pro

My opponent didn't understand what I meant,You don't do that to me! :D
No your wrong deviance exist.Actually it is what makes us discipline ourselves,we learn it from the people around us.Deviance helps us know what it is not acceptable in society.Like I said upon round 2 it can be proportioned to evil,without evil we won't know what good things are.I hope you get me :D

Informal logic(explanation):You've posted this argument because some people think that bronies are deviant to society,and you want to argue because you don't accept that.People won't say that bronies are deviant if they haven't seen one as deviant.Since others are saying that they affect society,bronies are harmful to society.

You said:I am arguing the fact that there is nothing wrong with bronies (The MLP:FIM loving bros ) and the argument on the side that you have chosen is that they are harmful to society, culture, what have you, in that they have done something wrong and explain why that thing is wrong.

You have to prove that all bronies are doing doesn't harm society,you said it,when your sentence is translated that's the outcome because of the word "fact" and "nothing wrong.And mine is that are they harmful?
My part to be done is only to prove that bronies are still affecting society in a harmful manner,that's my part as a con.

I'm neutral they harm and they don't,there are some things that they help us and there are things that made them harmful.
Again I've done my part because they are harmful in some ways.

Hi to bronies out there.I respect all of you.
Let us do what we enjoy not by adjusting ourselves to do what we don't want.

let each man exercise the art he knows ~Aristophanes

Again thank you for this debate Mr.Dirky
Vote Placed by TN05 4 years ago
TN05
DirkyameyavTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting debate. Con should have used some sources and refuted Pro directly, but he chose not to.
Vote Placed by larztheloser 4 years ago
larztheloser
DirkyameyavTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty crazy debate. Pro had BOP and shouldn't have let con start. Pro seemed to be arguing some harm could possibly come from bronies, while con seemed to be refuting a net harm. As a judge, I am prepared to accept both cases as possibly valid. Neither side did anything to refute what the other side said at all. I did feel, however, that while not entirely fair con did get closer to what this debate should have been about, since pro's case ("I am arguing the fact that there is nothing wrong with bronies") didn't allow for a lot of clash. In role fulfillment terms, however, pro was the clear winner - presenting a case which the negative failed to negate. This could have been avoided by con easily by clarifying exactly what they meant in the opening round. Debate structure was poor and both sides could be difficult to follow. Good discussion though, I'm awarding this 3:2 to pro.