DOPEYOLOSWAG420
Blade-of-Truth

Bruce Jenner would beat Lebron James in a fight.

Blade-of-Truth
Started: 2/7/2015 Category: Sports

DOPEYOLOSWAG420

Pro

Before we start i want to thank anyone who accepts this challenge.

Bruce Jenner is a warrior and he would annihilate LeBron in a fight.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I do not believe Bruce Jenner would beat Lebron in a fight.

Please begin.
DOPEYOLOSWAG420

Pro

Go to sleep.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

I can't sleep at night because I'm dreaming all day...

Anyways, there are several issues with Pro's position that Bruce Jenner can beat Lebron James in a fight. Since Pro won't defend his position seriously, I'll set the standard and defend mine with excellence.

I. Age & Current Physical Condition

An immediate issue I see with Pro's position is the fact that Bruce Jenner is 65 years old [1], whereas Lebron James is 30 [2]. It goes without saying that this debate is not comparing them when they are both at their peak, but rather, this debate is comparing them currently. So we are putting a 65 year old against a 30 year old. It's not just that though, but also the fact that we are putting an out-of-shape 65 year old against a 30 year old professional athlete who trains daily in order to stay fit for the professional basketball league he plays in. We must keep this in mind, because physical shape always plays a role in fights. Thus, I argue that Lebron James would vastly outperform Bruce Jenner in a physical fight due to the fact that Bruce Jenner is a 65 year old retired man and Lebron James is a 30 year old active professional athlete.

II. Height and Reach

Lebron James has a wingspan of 7 ft. .25 inches [3]. Bruce Jenner does not. Need I say more? Okay, if you insist. Basically, in any kind of physical fight, the person who has the longest reach has the upper-hand because they can hit their opponent without the opponent being able to reach them. So, whoever has the shortest reach has to risk moving into the strike zone of their opponent who has longer reach, thus making the odds of them getting hit much higher than their opponent. Now, what would normally counter longer reach would be faster speed. Unfortunately for Pro, Bruce Jenner is a 65 year old man who I highly doubt is faster than a 30 year old active, professional athlete. I'll leave the burden on Pro to prove otherwise, keeping in mind that we are debating these guys in their current physical shape and not at their peaks.

III. Lebron has a posse

Let's keep it real, Lebron is a black man. Looking at a majority of fight videos on youtube, it becomes clear that black guys don't fight 1 on 1. I won't make any assumptions as to why, but a majority of the videos on Youtube seem to show their boys jumping in at one point or another. Since Lebron is a triple threat, black - rich - famous, it's almost guarenteed that he'll have his boys with him during any reasonable opportunity for a fight to go down. Thus, it follows that Bruce Jenner will be jumped by Lebron's crew, which will assurdely guarentee his loss in a fight against Lebron.

IV. Bruce Jenner is too emotional

He is currently going through a sex change via hormones and other means [4]. With all that estrogen flooding his body, he'll surely be far too emotional to handle a fight.

In closing,

Pro has failed to present any valid arguments for affirming his position that Bruce Jenner would beat Lebron James in a fight. On the flip side, I've given four arguments showing how and why Lebron would win in this fight. Pro not only needs to defeat all four challenges I've raised, but also present valid arguments himself. Otherwise he will fail to maintain his BOP, and effectively lose this debate.

I now return the floor to Pro.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://www.draftexpress.com...
[4] http://www.tmz.com...
DOPEYOLOSWAG420

Pro

Go to sleep.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has failed to present any reasonable rebuttals to my arguments. This is a clear failure on Pro's part to maintain his Burden of Proof in affirming his position on this debate.

Since I am left standing unchallenged, I urge for a Con vote.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really make an argument.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 2 years ago
dtaylor971
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Because this was in the Voter's Summit and my debate wasn't. :P
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: that last round by Pro was pretty solid, but con held out and won it
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: I found Con's referenced arguments that actually addressed the resolution to be just a tad more convincing than "go to sleep". Pretty close debate, overall.
Vote Placed by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to give any arguments. By default, he loses.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
DOPEYOLOSWAG420Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro offers no argumentation. His argument is solely "Go to sleep". This has no relevance to the resolution. So as Con presented arguments--age, height, etc.--his case is already stronger than pro's. Pro's rebuttals also consisted merely of "Go to sleep", thus dropping all of Con's points. Con wins. Get rekt Pro lern 2 deb8