Muscle_Boy
ararmer1919

Brutal SERE training of young army recruits is justified

ararmer1919

Muscle_Boy

Con

Have you heard about SERE training were soldiers are taken captive in a war game scenario, then interrogated under realistic forms of torture - light.

Is this fair to the Soldier?
ararmer1919

Pro

Finally one I will be able to accept lol. As a person who actually has BEEN through the SERE course I think this will be a pretty easy thing to debate lol. Good luck to my opponent and here's to a good debate ;)
Muscle_Boy

Con

As a sufferer of army torture, you know first.hand about the way that the older, more experienced soldiers are using this opportunity to flex their sadistic side, and the whole setup is geared towards their own sexual pleasure in hurting and humililating you!

http://pubrecord.org...
ararmer1919

Pro

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
Muscle_Boy

Con

are you at all going to tell anything about what happened to you ?
ararmer1919

Pro

Ok sorry first. Why would you make the time between rounds 15 minutes????? Sorry that I didn't notice that when accepting otherwise I would not have.

Anyway. I honestly hope that that last round was a joke. Like. Seriously.

First off we are the United States military. Not the Boy Scouts. Not some hippie commune. The military. Our sole reason of being is hunt down and kill our nations enemies. Whatever training we can receive to make us ready for these fights we freaking want. Second. We are not tortured or sexually assaulted. Where the hell did you get that? Sure we get beat from time to time and are deprived of good, water of sleep for small lengths of times but this is nothing compared to what will happen to is if we are actually captured by the enemy. And that is why the instructors do what the my do. Not due to some sexually pleasure. It's so that one day if god forbid we are captured we will be somewhat ready for what is to come. And what the enemy will do to us is a thousand times worse then what the SERE guys will do. This is just fact.

Can't put anymore cause there's no time cause you made this debate short as crap and I doubt anyone will vote on it but oh well.
Muscle_Boy

Con

Muscle_Boy forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Pro

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
Muscle_Boy

Con

Deterrence: Torture should always be carried out in public infront of as many witnesses as possible. In male-dominated cultures, torture is often tolerated, with the understanding that "a real man" can withstand at least a few hours of torture, without breaking. So humiliate your prisoner, by breaking him, infront of other prisoners, his friends. Force his own son to take part in humiliating Daddy. Let the agony, i.e. electric shocks, continue for many hours. Record the torture, so all potiential enemies can see, the risk they run..

Group gratification and sexual release: Your own soldiers will bond, as they are together in the crime, the depravity.

I recognize that you were not raped, but sexual abuse is common in torture scenarios, even male on male ..

In male dominated cultures, the soldier raping the prisoner with a baton, will become more masculine, more powerfull. The usual tabu against homosexuality is suspended during a torture session.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com...
ararmer1919

Pro

ararmer1919 forfeited this round.
Posted by The_Serb 2 years ago
The_Serb
I hear that electric shocks are no longer used?
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Lmfao thank you for your sympathy. Honestly I had no idea who this guy was when he challenged me and had I known I never would have accepted. I feel embarrassed to have been a part of this debate. This guy is a messed up wacko.
Posted by The_Serb 3 years ago
The_Serb
LOL this is really funny!!

The army guy is telling a real life story about his most challenging training, and all the little F***** wants to know, is if someone has touched his penis :D

Fell bad for ararmer1919
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Yeah I didn't know what I was getting into. This guy is pretty weird.
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
What in god's name is this?

CON's final round read more like an S&M fetish than anything pertinent to the resolution. Furthermore, it was sourced from a comment to an article, and not the article itself, lol.

Anyway, I know a lot of folks that went through SERE and almost went through it myself. Ararmer's account is quite accurate, IMHO. They break bones and force you into "the wild" where you hunt game with whatever's at your disposal. It's interesting to gauge people's reactions to eating the rabbit.

The point is that everyone has a breaking point. SERE prepares soldiers for this eventuality and extends this breaking point for soldiers that are at elevated risk for capture. It's harsh, but necessarily so.
Posted by Muscle_Boy 3 years ago
Muscle_Boy
ups missed the 15 min deadline

So you were beaten and such

Not undressed

Made to stand in humiliating poses

Shouted at ?
Vote Placed by ndedo 3 years ago
ndedo
Muscle_Boyararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was tied because both side forfeited and while Pro ff more times, Con also wildly assumed that Pro was a victim of sexual assault. S&G wasn't great on either side. While Con did post sources, they were irrelevant and did nothing to back up his argument. Pro made a more convincing argument, so he gets those points.