GodChoosesLife
Buckethead31594

Buckethead31594 is a cool person!

GodChoosesLife

Pro

First round Is for acceptance, 2-4 is for rebuttals, and final round is for conclusion. Best wishes to my opponent!
Buckethead31594

Con

I accept, and wish the best of luck to my opponent.
GodChoosesLife

Pro

The prime purpose of this debate is to point out Buckethead's coolness even if he will deny it. Some may or may not agree as well, but we will see in the end. The main focus as to why Buckethead is cool, is because he has been a user of DDO for about a year or so, is an awesome devil's advocate debater, and last, but not least; a friendly, acceptable, kind person you will ever meet!

First, being able to continually remain as a DDO user for a year or so, is in my opinion; equitable to suggest or advise someone who is a new member simply because it is probable that a new member will have slight difficulties while attempting to understand this site: which in hand, gives Buckethead the advance some do not have and therefore, earns more respect as a result. Buckethead may not even realize this, but being around for a year or so is exceptionally a privilege to others because it shows how, even when there are disagreements, he can still be devoted to this site and to everyone else by just being here. So because of Buckethead's performances, activities, establishments and doing this all in a year or so brings him to be a cool person!

Second, most people who try to be the, "devil's advocate"; while debating or disagreeing with another person whether through this site or in person may not be able to hold up to it because they are so stuck into what they believe and are not open-minded to at least seeing how far they can try to understand the other person's responses/ beliefs; however, Buckethead is very well known for being a marvelous devil's advocate debater. For example, in his, "Is sex before marriage a good thing?", portrays himself to be CON; although, when you look into the comments section of this debate you will learn that he is merely just pretending. http://www.debate.org.......... Most of his debates are precisely in this stance of portraying himself as the devil"s advocate whether as PRO or CON. No, of course, he does not reveal himself in every debate as the devil"s advocate, but it is simply discerned that the ones that are; it is noticeable. For someone that can hold a stand to something they do not agree with, is a cool person to the max for simply testing the others beliefs by just being inquisit and knowledgeable to another"s opinion.

Third, has anyone ever met someone so kind, acceptable and a friendly person, such as Buckethead? If we search through all of Buckethead"s activities within this site, we will surely find things such as this, "I apologize, I was not trying to label you" or "I apologize if it seemed like I was preaching to you or denouncing your entire argument. I appreciate the discussion!" or even just encouraging someone by thanking them for helping out, "Hurray! You're a lifesaver!". Someone that is not a friendly, kind and acceptable person would definitely find no reason to apologize or encourage someone at all, but would simply not care at all about the other person. Buckethead has shown true characteristics in these aspects and thus by far brings him to be a cool person as a result.

Finally, Buckethead"s points have been set and is revealed to be a cool person, whether he or others reject to this idea/opinion or not does not mean he is not a cool person regardless. Buckethead"s reasons of being cool has been called out to be because he has been a DDO user for over a year or more, a devil"s advocate debater and a friendly, kind, acceptable person to know. Also, to my opponent, thank you for the opportunity of being able to share observations about you, thank you for again for accepting this debate and for being a cool friend! Best wishes to you too! :)

~Samantha~
Buckethead31594

Con

I appreciate my opponent's detailed opening argument. I will contend that I, the user in question, am not "cool," nor do I demonstrate any qualities of being "cool." I will explain below in further detail.

May we arrive at truth.

The Case for Experience

"First, being able to continually remain as a DDO user for a year or so, is in my opinion; equitable to suggest or advise someone who is a new member simply because it is probable that a new member will have slight difficulties while attempting to understand this site: which in hand, gives Buckethead the advance some do not have and therefore, earns more respect as a result. Buckethead may not even realize this, but being around for a year or so is exceptionally a privilege to others because it shows how, even when there are disagreements, he can still be devoted to this site and to everyone else by just being here. So because of Buckethead's performances, activities, establishments and doing this all in a year or so brings him to be a cool person!"

Yes, it is true. I have been here for a little over a couple of years (longer than my opponent has stated). And I have learned a lot, thanks to the many discussions I've had with my fellow DDO members. Unfortunately, my commitment to this website could be considered as obsessive- which is not a trait that would define someone as "cool." There is someone else who was obsessively committed to their passion; someone with a more sinister agenda. Adolf Hitler murdered millions of Jews, right under the noses of the rest of the world. This performance wasn't limited by his establishing of a new, unified Germany (even if it was unified within a delusion). Following my opponent's logic, this would deem Hitler as a "cool" person, when clearly he is not. Therefore, I cannot be a cool person.

The Case for Mediating

"Second, most people who try to be the, "devil's advocate"; while debating or disagreeing with another person whether through this site or in person may not be able to hold up to it because they are so stuck into what they believe and are not open-minded to at least seeing how far they can try to understand the other person's responses/ beliefs; however, Buckethead is very well known for being a marvelous devil's advocate debater. For example, in his, "Is sex before marriage a good thing?", portrays himself to be CON; although, when you look into the comments section of this debate you will learn that he is merely just pretending. http://www.debate.org............. Most of his debates are precisely in this stance of portraying himself as the devil"s advocate whether as PRO or CON. No, of course, he does not reveal himself in every debate as the devil"s advocate, but it is simply discerned that the ones that are; it is noticeable. For someone that can hold a stand to something they do not agree with, is a cool person to the max for simply testing the others beliefs by just being inquisit and knowledgeable to another"s opinion."

My opponent's argument would be plausible if open-mindedness truly causes one to be "cool." There is no reason to assume that this is the case. Most people are open-minded in there own way; the fact that I happen to be open-minded when it comes to debating is irrelevant. Also, I am right and you are wrong- there, I've demonstrated that I am close-minded, and therefore, not cool. Also, as for playing the devil's advocate, I do so out of selfish means. I debate for the sake of learning, in hopes that I might come closer to truth. This is a selfish endeavor- where most people would partake in the competitive thrill, I partake to increase my knowledge- selfishly. A self-centered person cannot be cool in the slightest! Not to mention that I have intentionally forfeited a debate before[1], albeit I was in the process of temporarily vacating from DDO anyway. Nevertheless, no one who intentionally forfeits a debate should ever amount to being considered a cool person. No offense to those whom have purposefully forfeited in the past, of course (unless it proves that I am not cool).

The Case for Kindness

"Finally, Buckethead"s points have been set and is revealed to be a cool person......and a friendly, kind, acceptable person to know."

I am of course, flattered, by my opponent's opinion. Yet, she has failed to provide any evidence for my kindness. I will provide evidence as to why I am not a good/kind/friendly person, and thus, not cool: If you observe source [2], you will see the poll topic entitled "Where do you fall on the karmic scale?" There are currently only two votes for the choice, "I am purely evil," and that would be my wonderful friend, BrunoFarber and myself. Furthermore, observe source [3], you will notice that this poll asks the archaic question regarding where one will go upon reaching the afterlife. There are only three votes for "Hell"; I am one of them. Both of these votes were made long before this debate.

Counter Argument

Allow me to list some reasons why I cannot be considered a cool person:

~ I am a conformist.
~ I spend time on this website, rather than spending time with my beautiful girlfriend.
~ I procrastinate with posting to my debates, because I am lazy.
~ I am a perfectionist/OCD
~ I'm a college dropout.

The evidence is unanimous: I am an obsessive, selfish and evil individual. Simply put, I am not a cool person.

On to Pro.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife

Pro

I really don’t want to FF this debate at all. I will try to make it a priority to come back on DDO for my round so that I will finish explaining just how cool Bucket is. If he wasn’t that cool, I wouldn’t even bother finishing this debate. But he’s just that cool. LOL!

The Case for Experience

My apologies to my opponent for the wrong amount of years he has been here and thank you for the clarity. He also tries to justify that his overly activities on DDO is because of obsession, but honestly, even if that was or wasn’t the case, what difference would it make? It would just mean that he loves it here a lot and wants everyone to know it! What is wrong with that? That is NOT a bad trait. It is a great thing! So my opponent failed to acknowledge the coolness to his constant DDO activities here because had he not had any activity at all, then no one would even know who he is nor care to hear what he has to say; such as myself. Also, the Hitler analogy was nice and all, but you cannot compare a psychopath to yourself. Then you would be referring to yourself as a psychopath, are you one? I would not believe so, which makes you even a much cooler person!

The Case for Mediating

Haha, my opponent tried to humor us with his, “ I am right and you are wrong- there, I've demonstrated that I am close-minded, and therefore, not cool.” nonetheless, does not prove anything because he is only attempting to prove me wrong. Which here, we know that you honestly do not really do this. Well, sometimes if life has you taken up it is necessary to drop the debates and handle the more important things. Nothing wrong with prioritizing, now is there? That makes you even more cool of a person because you needed to prioritize rather than waste time debating a silly debate that can be rematched later. It just shows you have a life. :)

The Case for Kindness

You are most certainly welcome for the nice compliments Bucket. :)

My opponent obviously failed to see that I did have evidence to his kindness, but if he insists;http://www.debate.org... <- this is to point out that he has been attempting to reach out in making another game noticed to possibly play with other people on DDO and share the fun, I fail to see how this could not be kindness? He could have just went off without telling anyone about the game and played to himself. Also here is another example of his kindness; http://www.debate.org... <- this one he is offering help to create a cool profile pic for everyone on DDO if they want that is, now why would an unkind person do this? I rest my case here with just these two evidential acts of kindness that Bucket is doing. What do you have to say to this now, Bucket? Therefore, because of Bucket’s kindness, he is in fact, a cool person! Period.

Counter Argument

Con seems convinced that by his lackings in certain areas, forgets to see the other things in which he is exceptionally approvable to being a cool person. Con has a good heart. He means well, without a good heart would be no means to even notice the coolness that comes from him. He’s a cool, good, kind-hearted friend! (And I mean every word of that!) Not many you can find today like him.

Buckethead31594

Con

I appreciate my opponent's response in light of her recent deactivation. Let us proceed.

The Case for Experience: R3

"He also tries to justify that his overly activities on DDO is because of obsession, but honestly, even if that was or wasn’t the case, what difference would it make? It would just mean that he loves it here a lot and wants everyone to know it! What is wrong with that? That is NOT a bad trait. It is a great thing! So my opponent failed to acknowledge the coolness to his constant DDO activities here because had he not had any activity at all, then no one would even know who he is nor care to hear what he has to say; such as myself."

Unfortunately, my opponent chooses to argue a point that can only be subjective to the viewer. Some people would find my obsession "cool," while others would find it "uncool." Therefore, it is a shaky foundation for which to build an argument- it simply cannot stand.

"Also, the Hitler analogy was nice and all, but you cannot compare a psychopath to yourself. Then you would be referring to yourself as a psychopath, are you one? I would not believe so, which makes you even a much cooler person!"

Ah, but I was not comparing myself to a psychopath. I was merely showing how my opponent's logic could also apply to Hitler. In this way, one could state that my opponent was comparing me to a psychopath.

The Case for Mediating: R3

"Haha, my opponent tried to humor us with his, “ I am right and you are wrong- there, I've demonstrated that I am close-minded, and therefore, not cool.” nonetheless, does not prove anything because he is only attempting to prove me wrong. Which here, we know that you honestly do not really do this."

Yet, my opponent has no proof that I 'do not really do this.' Who's to say that I am actually very close-minded about being right?

1. I state that I am close-minded
2. I am an eyewitness to this close-mindedness
C. I am close-minded

"Well, sometimes if life has you taken up it is necessary to drop the debates and handle the more important things. Nothing wrong with prioritizing, now is there? That makes you even more cool of a person because you needed to prioritize rather than waste time debating a silly debate that can be rematched later. It just shows you have a life. :)"

Nonetheless, we all know of my intention: I was fleeing from the debate. That's right, I was too cowardly and self-centered to admit that I was wrong. So I took the easy way out, and ran for it. Going so far as to deactivate my account for a month.

The Case for Kindness: R3

"My opponent obviously failed to see that I did have evidence to his kindness, but if he insists;http://www.debate.org...... <- this is to point out that he has been attempting to reach out in making another game noticed to possibly play with other people on DDO and share the fun, I fail to see how this could not be kindness? He could have just went off without telling anyone about the game and played to himself."

The game that my opponent has mentioned is Garry's Mod. It's a sandbox-based game that pretty much allows you to do whatever you want. I was not attempting to share the fun in any way, I was merely looking for something fun to do because I was bored. This would make my intentions selfish, and therefore: not kind.

"Also here is another example of his kindness; http://www.debate.org...... <- this one he is offering help to create a cool profile pic for everyone on DDO if they want that is, now why would an unkind person do this?"

Again, I was merely looking for something fun to do because I was bored. I even stated this in the opening sentence of the post. The fact that I even participate in a hobby such as graphic design (in conjunction with always being on DDO), means that I must spend all of my time on the computer- which makes me not cool.

Counter Argument:

"Con seems convinced that by his lackings in certain areas, forgets to see the other things in which he is exceptionally approvable to being a cool person. Con has a good heart. He means well, without a good heart would be no means to even notice the coolness that comes from him. He’s a cool, good, kind-hearted friend! (And I mean every word of that!) Not many you can find today like him. "

This is a most difficult debate, because I feel foolish to have to dismantle my opponent's kind words. Ultimately, though, my opponent has avoided addressing all of the flaws that make me, in my opinion, uncool. Therefore, I can only discredit this bit of information as conjecture, as my opponent has yet to provide any evidence that I haven't already denounced.

On to Pro.

GodChoosesLife

Pro

Yes, I have deactivated my account, but I am going to finish this debate either way. Thank you for your patience.

The Case for Experience: R3

As my opponent suggests, it can be considered cool or not, but to keep the word obsession in its context, its meaning is, “the idea, image, feeling and or desire” … Onward, the synonyms for obsession is, “enthusiasm, fascination, infatuation, etc..” None of which do these examples give my opponent a label to being “uncool” as he so thinks of himself to be.

How exactly does attempting to “show” logic to what I have stated above, relate to Hitler though? I fail to see the point you were convincingly trying to make here? I, in no way, was comparing my opponent to Hitler either as my opponent assumes, I was merely pointing out that Con is trying to use someone who in historical stance was a crazy person that had people killed just because he felt he was in “control” of things and/or disliked them. My opponent does not have an army of people following him to “KILL” innocent people just because he does not like them or is in some form of control, instead; my opponent is experienced with tolerance and patience, traits to which Hitler never had. ← now I was comparing Hitler to my opponent; just to prove that my opponent should not have used Hitler as an ideal objection to my case of him being cool. Period.

The Case for Mediating: R3

We can always go back to your debates and see how your role of “devil’s advocate” is somehow being close-minded… Not! We would actually find that my opponent is very open-minded, otherwise; playing the devil’s advocate would not even be in the place of his position.

It sounds like my opponent is trying to make excuses for his departure, rather than admitting that there is nothing wrong with taking leave to be responsible for other matters. Which again, if he was not cool or anything positive of what I have mentioned about him then my case would have been to prove just how ugly of a person he is and how he is selfish, but to look at any negative stance would be like looking at a dead corpse, in which, my opponent is very well living and has a life to attend to. Therefore, my opponents proclamation of being selfish, self-centered and all else he mentioned is really unnecessary because if that were true then he would have never decided to break off DDO for a while and never live life in reality and handle other things he would never deactivate or leave DDO for any reason at all. So my opponent has no good excuse for this. By Far, this still makes him cool because even in his acclamations, he does not realize that putting himself low is actually helping me prove how cool he really is because of course if he was not cool he would be agreeing with me in every stance to put his ego at a high level.

The Case for Kindness: R3

Despite the fact that my opponent may in fact, might have been “bored” but it takes a cool person to spark up ideas so that others can get involved too.

Counter Argument:

My opponent negates the idea of being cool by the stuff he considers what he does, but in honesty, the things a person does is not so much is what defines someone to being cool. It IS the person from within that people notice and is seen as a cool person, such as Bucket. Without an intentional heart of friendship and willingness to be there for others, despite all of his apparent “evidences” to what he does, that does not really define someone’s coolness. Anyone can say they do this or that, but what about looking at the main issue and see what is true and false.

Also, my opponent suggests that I have neglected his rebuttals by ignoring or such, but I have very well given my responses in which maybe my opponent just does not accept as evidence for some odd reason.

Best wishes to my opponent! And thank you for finishing this debate with me. I will fully return though soon, but did not wanna FF this debate AT ALL!

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://thesaurus.com...|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=222199704

Buckethead31594

Con

As much as I would like to continue this round, I must leave prematurely. Something of a family emergency has come up in my life. Because of this, I hadn't had enough time to post my respone to Round 4. I hope that my opponent will forgive me for neglecting to post a rebuttal in this round.

Needless to say, I am uncool for waiting till the last minute to post a response.
GodChoosesLife

Pro

Thank you Con for the heads up and posting at all instead of Forfeiting the debate the 4th round. My opponent demonstrated his coolness in the long run because he did not have to inform me of anything, did not have to post at all, and showed priority too. So my opponent is in fact, cool among anything even in his denial. He has failed to prove otherwise and thus I ask my voters to vote Pro!

Best wishes though to Con! :)

(this was a fun debate and I hope in prayer all is fine with your family situation. I am not mad or anything at all. So apology necessary, but thank you bud!)
Buckethead31594

Con

Buckethead31594 forfeited this round.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Chess sir :)
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
cool debate.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
WE will definitely need to have a rematch on this! :P
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
YOUR ALIVE!!! It's nice to hear from you! :)
How are you?
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
I had a feeling this would be a tie.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Thank you both for being fair! We can def do a rematch! but it'll have to wait.. :)
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
Note: I would have felt bad if my vote declared a winner, I agree with Ragnar that a tie is appropiate and/or a re-do.
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
I'm so sorry I forfeited :( I've been so distracted with important affairs. Thank you for your understanding. Take care, and I look forward to your return!

(My birthday is the day after tomorrow)
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Bucket, if you FF, it is perfectly fine. I will not be upset or anything. But just know I still take into consideration of your family situation. So if you cannot post then, no worries.. However, do NOT use that as an excuse to say that your not cool though as I know you might do so. But your prioritizing so that says more than enough to me.

However, if you do post, great! If you cannot, don't worry about it.. k? Hope all is well too!
Blessings!

(Now from this point on, I won't have any reason to return again for a while be back July 31st which FYI is my 22nd birthday!) :)
Grace and peace everyone! I'll miss y'all and love you all! <3!
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
She said she would come back on when it was her turn. Thank you, though.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 3 years ago
zmikecuber
GodChoosesLifeBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Tie
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
GodChoosesLifeBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited the most inportant round, proving he is not cool so he wins argument. Conduct to Pro since Con FF'd round 5. Sources to Pro, since the sources strongly backed the argument.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
GodChoosesLifeBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had to step out due to a family emergency, when he's back maybe they can re-do this debate... However in the mean time I am leaving it non-scored.