TheBuddhist2468
ThadeusSmith

Buddhism = truth

TheBuddhist2468

Pro

Buddhism is pure in its teachings and has a very believable set of philosophies. Lord Buddha has said that one can only understand his teachings and not merely believe it. But if one seeks the teachings of Abrahamic religions, they are more of fairytale nature than realistic theory. I challenge my con. to oppose my theory about Buddhism being the only true faith in the world regardless of the time, and that Abrhamic religions are created merely to control people by their strict rules and laws of conduct, some of which are unneccessary and unuseful.
ThadeusSmith

Con

I accept your challenge. Let the best man win!
TheBuddhist2468

Pro

TheBuddhist2468 forfeited this round.
ThadeusSmith

Con

ThadeusSmith forfeited this round.
TheBuddhist2468

Pro

TheBuddhist2468 forfeited this round.
ThadeusSmith

Con

ThadeusSmith forfeited this round.
TheBuddhist2468

Pro

TheBuddhist2468 forfeited this round.
ThadeusSmith

Con

ThadeusSmith forfeited this round.
TheBuddhist2468

Pro

TheBuddhist2468 forfeited this round.
ThadeusSmith

Con

ThadeusSmith forfeited this round.
Posted by sapient_theology 2 years ago
sapient_theology
So, I guess there is no debate happening here.
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
And no, reincarnation was not a main part of Buddhism, although it can be said to be a very important part of new Buddhism. It was later twisted and twirled into a part of Hinduism that many Indians practiced at the time, and it stuck. All Buddhism is is the Noble Truths and the Eightfold Paths, with the "mystical" stuff coming much later.
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
@tonyrobinson: No, Lord Buddha never taught that people had to be vegetarian. One of the Noble Eightfold Path's steps is "Right Intent" If you kill for the sake of killing, then yes, that is wrong. But if you kill for the sake of consuming, and assuming that it was not an equal human, then it (meat-eating) is permissible under Buddhism.
Posted by ThadeusSmith 2 years ago
ThadeusSmith
I mean i will be using Christianity as an example of an Abrahamic Religion, because I know it best.
Posted by Kaynex 2 years ago
Kaynex
Thadeus, you can't argue one religion with another religion, they both serve the same issues.
Posted by ThadeusSmith 2 years ago
ThadeusSmith
Thanks! I will be arguing using christianity.
Posted by sapient_theology 2 years ago
sapient_theology
Being a Christian (and apologist), I am very interested in seeing this debate. I hope it's good.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
I'm going to accept I just want to ask what physical things you believe in to do with creation, humans and the universe.
Posted by tonyrobinson 2 years ago
tonyrobinson
Buddhism teaches that one must be vegetarian and teaches reincarnation. Nothing against vegetarians but I wil not be one. Reincarnation is amongst the stupidest thoughts I have ever heard of.
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
My friend, you are highly deluded. Buddhism is an ethical theory that teaches for the realization of happiness, and with it comes the truth. Buddhism is a process to reaching the truth, whose nature is highly unknown as of now.