Debater32207
grotto77

Bullying is good from a young age.

grotto77

Debater32207

Pro

Point #1: It is useful because kids learn from it easily. OK try this scenario and see what you think. You were bullied at a young age and used to cower and hide from the bully. You feel it's unfair and one day you think you've had enough and you come out all confident, powerful and unafraid. You then maintained that and when you got confronted in a workplace you were the person to speak up to the workplace bully and you "saved" and helped other people. Doesn't that sound better than going into the workplace and getting bullied worse? It is waaay better in my view than being a cowering, scared person that doesn't speak up.

Point #2: Human Instincts
After getting bullied at a young age it is easier because your human instincts already tell you what to do. Sometimes it's offense is the best defence and sometimes it's defend desperately. Bullying from a young age make us train our human instincts and "evolve" into a powerful and challenging opponent to deal with. The main purpose is for defence and being able to do what you need to do.

Point #3: Last Point
This helps parents calm down before their kids leave home because they know that they know how to deal with the harsh outside world. I AM 100% SURE THAT THIS HELPS PARENTS. Now to recap, you gain experience, you train your defense and then become powerful and parents calm down. It's a win-win for parents, kids and basically everyone.
grotto77

Con

I greatly disagree with your statement.

Yeah, one of the potential outcomes of bullying is gaining personal strength from it, but it's not very likely. Term 'bullying' can include one or more of the following terms: "Violence, extortion, exploitation, abuse, torture, hazing, mental tormenting, harassment, humiliation, dehumanization and social humiliation or defacing. A victim may be bullied by a single offender or by a group of offenders, privately or in front of audience (that may or may not be encouraged to join).

To point #1 : Children have plenty of opportunity to confront with others. Every child encounters injustice, disagreement and probably a fight, too. That's plenty of room for the kid to learn how to react appropriately. No bullying is needed for that, and in fact bullying is far beyond acceptable as it may likely to cause the victim a severe emotional trauma with life-time consequences, from sleep, mood and eating disorders to the point of actually committing suicide. The children are the most fragile victims. An experience with bullying can negatively impact victims self-esteem, self-image, development, personality and even abilities in adult life. Every therapist will always examine the patient's childhood assessment, because emotional traumas from the childhood are the hardest to overcome and known for scaring the individual soul at most.

Point #2 : There's no such instinct. The instinct tells you to live in your natural habitat (the community), to get along and to belong. And again, bullying doesn't help it at all. While negative feedback is appropriate and helpful for an individual to understand what's acceptable and what isn't, bullying doesn't belong to functional human civilization.

Point #3: That's very incorrect. When a bully scares the victim "to death" and makes threats e. g. - "if you tell your parents I'll shoot your dad/mum; or I'll tell my brother who's just out of jail to do this and that", the parents won't know and they'll wonder why the kid acts strange, why doesn't eat or sleep or behaves in a strange fashion. And bullies often keep their victims in such a deadlock which gives them opportunity to further subdue and control the victim. This obviously damages the child permanently.

I'd like to believe you don't endorse bullying. I hope you just didn't realize what's the actual extent of bullying, and maybe confused it with some sort of friendly "yanking one's chain".
Debater32207

Pro

Debater32207 forfeited this round.
grotto77

Con

I wish I helped to shed some light on the subject. I hope you understand what bullying really means, and you understand it's not friendly motivational behavior, but a dangerous, destructive and unacceptable conduct. If you'd like to elaborate what you personally understood by term 'bullying', please do. I'd like to believe you would not endorse bullying in its full context, as I attempted to describe.
Debater32207

Pro

Debater32207 forfeited this round.
grotto77

Con

This concludes the debate.
Posted by tammieskylah 3 years ago
tammieskylah
this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen how is it good? thousands of children are suffering with depression and self harm which can lead to death and you think this is good for them are you stupid? you obviously have never suffered with depression anxiety eating disorders and so on it can destroy families and get their children 6 foot underground and you think it is good? you wont be happy if god forbid this every happened to your child would you?
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
I'd take this, but I noticed that you have the voting set to where members aren't required to leave comments. This is bad dude, people will vote for any reason and aren't required to justify it. If you change that setting to make them required to comment then I would gladly accept this debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
Debater32207grotto77Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 3 years ago
FaustianJustice
Debater32207grotto77Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, case adequately refuted