RedFang
ashwin.sharma921

Bullying

RedFang
Started: 11/2/2012 Category: News

RedFang

Con

My argument is against bullying because it can cause people to kill them selves and i have friends that have tried to kill them selves. Most people are afraid to stand up to bullies because they have been bullied so much that they think its ok or because they don't want to be bullied. Well i have been and still am being bullied. I look at the kids that bully me and i smile because nothing they can do will hurt my SPIRIT no matter what even if they kill me i still have my SPIRIT. I want to hear your thoughts on this topic. I want to know what you think about Bullying.
ashwin.sharma921

Pro

Just as a coin has two sides, though I don't like to point out so bluntly, I think my opponent is truly in a crisis to handle the bullying done by his fellow mates. And it is pretty obvious that he has a relatively weak mind and endurance. Irrespective of his age, I apart from being his opponent in this debate, will also be his guide to a peaceful life.

Well, I never actually expected such kind of topic on this site. But since mine is a welfare motive, I don't think even the supernal powers of the universe can disrupt me from winning this debate. Now, getting on to the debate, I am not there for the purpose of pointing out what ought to be and what oughtn't to. We live in a world full of miseries, where everyone is worried about his/her own grievances. While some people are suffering from acute poverty and total unemployment, there are many others who suffer from life threatening diseases and still others who have nothing to worry about but fear death. In relative comparison, 'Bullying' is nothing but a mere invisible insect being confronted by a giant elephant.

My dear opponent does not realise that bullying is no problem at all, it is just a part of life which probably everyone has to undergo. In fact, bullying is what hardens us to face the life ahead. It is just like a stepping stone of our lives. If one fails to balance himself on this step, I doubt he will be able to survive in this modern world, long. My way, if one does not get bullied at all, that will probably be because he might not be having any contacts or because of his isolation from the world. Another thing is that, believe me or not, bullying has become the only means to communicate in the modern world. A friend, or probably a mate in today's world does not have good communication with the other unless he cracks a joke or bullies him. And the spirit of the one being bullied should be equally negligent and the response to it should be in a very casual manner, in a jovial manner. It should not be taken as a thing very seriously close to one's heart, but as a silly comment of the person. It actually does not bear any resemblance to the attitude of the person towards you. Whilst you are in your friend circle, the only thing that matters is your genial nature and your endurance towards the bullies and perhaps that is what pays off and makes a reputation in the group.

People usually bully those who remain among themselves i.e. those who do not generally interact with the others as frequently as they expect him/her to. There is something which I have to share with you, I have a friend who was bullied in every aspect of life, but never disheartened he faced the difficulties and that was what actually accentuated his friendship with the others. This means that bullying enhances friendship, in a way. What I am saying may appear to be wrong to you as for now, since you easily are swayed by the way your friends make fun of you. But you will understand it better when you yourself implement this in your life or perhaps when you enquire about it more from the adults who have faced this era in their lives. And in case, you still don't get it I'll further give you more guidelines to approach to the same.

I think I have well explained myself and surely its an effort to create awareness among the deviated youth of today who easily get diverted by the smallest of the problems and proceed on to commit suicidal attempts or go in deep depressions .

I hope the voters will vote what's right. I will certainly not convince them to vote for me but for the correctness of the topic. The more the votes, the more the people get aware about the same.

A sincere advice to my partner, never get disheartened by the bullies, always try to be patient and undeterred.
RedFang

Con

Bullying is and never will be ok. People only bully because they have low self-esteem. Just because its "part" of life does not make it ok to do. A lot of people have died because they have been bullied, people even cut because of it. I don't understand why people are afraid to stand up to bullies . Two (2) kids have already stood up to them why cn't anyone else? I'm standing up to them because bullying needs to stop. I honestly don't see why people laugh t others and make fun of them it's stupid.
ashwin.sharma921

Pro

Well, judging what is right is surely highly subjective. It differs from person to person. I said what I thought should be. An d I think most people will believe in what I say. As I said only the weak minded people would agree otherwise. This world is not as fantastic as my opponent thinks and neither does it believe in living isolated without having fun. Fun obviously is yielded from such activities as bullying. That's why you not take everything personally. My opponent though thinks that bullying should not be done to those who take it seriously. But all in all, I think the one who really faces it should take it in a funny way and reply as casually as one could. I leave the decision completely to the voters. Since my opponent does not provide any reason for his arguments I think the audience should vote for Pro.
RedFang

Con

My point for this matter is that bullying is wrong. If it's not wrong then are they making it against the law. The law goes into effect on December 1, 2012. Look it up if you do not believe me. But the point of this to let the people know that they don't have to deal with bullying. Stand up to it. My Opponent says weak minded. I say not weak minded just tired of the drama that bullies cause.
ashwin.sharma921

Pro

As I told that the matter relating to bullying is totally subjective. And here I have only two things to say which have me a clear cut winner. First, my opponent provides no source link to support his arguments regarding the law and leaves on the decision to his opponent which goes in absolute, against the debate rules. Secondly, just because a law forbids doesn't mean that the act is going to get eradicated at an instant, you have to bear it till the time it gets completely extinguished. Moreover my opponent only supports the notion because he thinks it is wrong but is unable to give any reason for his argument. He clings to the fact, just because two like minded people with a weak conscience have committed suicide.

I leave the decision completely in the hands of the voters.
Posted by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
Pro didn't cite any sources that supported his argument either........
Posted by ashwin.sharma921 4 years ago
ashwin.sharma921
And yes red fang firstly my name is not ashwin. Secondly if you don't have a proof or a study on the topic you have you have instigated, why at all did you put this topic on the site to debate on. Thirdly, no need for you to worry about a proof, my dear I asked for a proper reason for your argument and not for a proof. But still a proof will be appreciated.
Posted by angrymen 4 years ago
angrymen
If you want to debate amanda tood case and if that is proof ill do that. But itisnt proof and you should site a study rather than opinion.
Posted by RedFang 4 years ago
RedFang
Ashwin do tell me what kind of proof do you want me to post? I have posted something about Amanda todd because that is 1 very good example of why people should not bully. You seem to be the only one asking for proof. So do tell me what kind of proof do need. Also To the voters if you request more proof then please let me know as well.
Posted by ashwin.sharma921 4 years ago
ashwin.sharma921
I don't know why these people are against the topic, Just because they think it to be bad? Why don't they look at the debate that has taken place? This is a debating social networking site. There are still about 28 days left for voting and I think that finally I am going to win this debate SINCE MY OPPONENT HAS PROVIDED NO EVIDENCES FOR HIS ARGUMENTS AND HAS JUST STUCK ON TO THE ARGUMENTS FOR NO REASON AT ALL. HE HAS GIVEN NO REASON FOR HIS ARGUMENTS YOU CAN CHECK IT VERY WELL.
Posted by ashwin.sharma921 4 years ago
ashwin.sharma921
I think clash and all my opponents who are against the topic, I must tell you that I was(am) the one who was bullied the most during my schooling and it was my conscience that hurt me, but just because I faced them strongly as a part of the friendship that we friends had and the trust we had built, I continued and here I am today more successful than any body I could think of in this world.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Agreed.
Posted by angrymen 4 years ago
angrymen
Amanda Todd is a terrible example. If someone posts child pornography on the internet, why should we feel sad for them? She was only bullied for the things she did. Maybe she even deserved it.
Posted by RedFang 4 years ago
RedFang
http://www.digtriad.com...

A link to the amanda todd case.
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
This should be on the opinions section. Not the debate section.
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Azul Voting isn't an opinion poll dickhead.
Vote Placed by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Bullying is obviously wrong and you can't debate that.
Vote Placed by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I have been bullied. It's horrible. And I don't think the fact that bullying is subjective has anything to do with how bad it is, that's not even a point for pro.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Countering a numerous amount of blatant VB's.
Vote Placed by angrymen 4 years ago
angrymen
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments and you cant vote based on your opinion on the topic. Pro never responded to con points and just said opinions.
Vote Placed by Clash 4 years ago
Clash
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: As I said in the comments, bullying hurts, oppresses, and even kills others (Amanda Todd is a great example of this). Pro didn't successfully answer this fact and thus, I give Con the argument point. I find it very shameful - even disturbing - that someone would support bullying. Maybe if ashwin was bullied himself, he wouldn't have accepted this debate and argued for bullying?
Vote Placed by DeeZeeQuinn 4 years ago
DeeZeeQuinn
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It saddens me that anyone would put winning a silly online debate over the cry of a child for acceptance and understanding. Shame on you ashwin.sharma921, BULLYING IS NOT A PART OF GROWING UP, you say that as though any child should expect it and accept it. A weak mind is one that believes in fairy tales, perhaps you should take a long hard look at your own. I was never bullied, and I DID NOT BULLY. I still have all of my friends from growing up, I am a Momma and a Grandmomma and I will stomp anyone that messes with my children....BULLYING IS NOT OKAY and it is that weak mind that you speak of that does it...they have no other life and need to feel superior to someone that is obviously more superior to them ALREADY. Grow up dear, your youth is shining through, it is not flattering.
Vote Placed by dwill557 4 years ago
dwill557
RedFangashwin.sharma921Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con!!!