bettabreeder
CANNON0Man

Burning the American Flag Should be illegal

bettabreeder

bettabreeder

Pro

I believe that burning the American flag is bad and a sin and is not anywhere near protest. if you decided debate with me you will be Con stating the burning the is an okay sigh of protest.
CANNON0Man

Con

First I want to say I think its wrong to burn it but it should not be illegal. The American flag is a symbol of our country and represents us. Some people in their mind it is just a piece of paper that has been copied millions of times so its not really anything important. If somebody hates what the government is doing that can be used as protest. It is wrong in my mind but it can be used to express feelings toward the government.
bettabreeder

Pro

The American flag is a symbol of America the Confederate flag is a symbol for the South, the maple leaf is a symbol for Canada, and a cross is a symbol for Christianity. Cutting down a maple tree in Canada will start a riot, burning a cross around a Christian will offend that person. The American flag is our symbol and if you are offended and don't like how we do it in America why are you even here in the first place.
But if you were like in another country and burnt the American flag in a crowed, us Americans will get mad at the other country and conflict will come.

You said we always make new prints of a flag, but we have persevered flags from history. The same American flag the was shot at by the Confederates at Fort Sumter is still in the Smithsonian, same with the flag that flew over Baltimore in the War of 1812. Its seems like making new flags are worthless because the ones that mean the most are persevered the most.

Burning the American Flag is legal in this country because of the First Amendment. But why will someone stay in America and protest as they can leave will no violence and making everybody angry?
CANNON0Man

Con

Okay first the confederate flag is not a symbol and if you believe that it means that you support slavery. Back to topic the British nearly destroyed that flag, do they care, no. People have this illusion that the American flag is great and should be protected. Its just stupid thinking that that should be illegal. That is just saying like you can burn a sports logo. The truth is people do not like are country that much same to a sports team. Truth is the government has done stupid things and have put us into wars for no reason I could burn it saying the government has been doing stupid things and there will be bad consequences. That's what it means; that's why it should not be illegal.
bettabreeder

Pro

The British didn't care because there another country. But with with sports logos that's way different, Sports are something we are to have fun over. Sometimes we will have to much fun and destroy logos. I am yes one of them, I am a Carolina fan last week was a Dook game. But I love my country and will never put fire to my flags.

If your mad at the government you can do two things, leave the country or protest with a sigh or some sort. A sight is more peaceful and won't get everybody mad over a pissed of American trying to start a war. Packing up your bags is another way to find a better government. I bet there is some place across the pond with a government that won't start anonymous wars.

I bet if you burn the American flag on the side of the road to protest, people will look at you and tell you to leave the US before you start another civil war.
CANNON0Man

Con

CANNON0Man forfeited this round.
bettabreeder

Pro

I'll see if my opponent will come back to debate
CANNON0Man

Con

CANNON0Man forfeited this round.
bettabreeder

Pro

just vote for me
CANNON0Man

Con

CANNON0Man forfeited this round.
Posted by 00r3d 3 years ago
00r3d
At least they taught him commas, and paragraph structuring... sorry CANNON, i don`t follow what you mean.
Lets all eat grandma.
Posted by WaterTipper 3 years ago
WaterTipper
@bettabreeder
I don't know what school you go to, but I do know that that school is doing a horrible job at teaching its students.
Posted by bettabreeder 3 years ago
bettabreeder
@00rsd I just used that as and example for the debate Because in School we learned that The Maple tree is protected in the Country
Posted by 00r3d 3 years ago
00r3d
As a Canadian, I`m confused as to why I should take offence to a maple tree being cut down. It is a common hard wood that is used in many furniture and toys. The maple leaf is little more symbol Unless I missed history class, no battles were fought flying the current flag(by flying as in the older military styles of battle).
Vote Placed by Dakota-Hiltzman 3 years ago
Dakota-Hiltzman
bettabreederCANNON0ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.