Nyx999
AgentRocks

Bush was an idiot

Nyx999

Nyx999

Pro

I think that George W. Bush was an idiot, and a failure as a president. The first round is acceptance only.

Definition of idiot:Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
You could also use
Moron:Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
Oh, and I'm also going to be arguing that he was a warmonger, so
Warmonger:war"mon"ger [wawr-muhng-ger, -mong-] Show IPA
noun
a person who advocates, endorses, or tries to precipitate war.
AgentRocks

Con

How is an idiot? George bush is the president! He made astounding accomplishments, why would people vote for him if he is an idiot!?
Nyx999

Pro

Nyx999 forfeited this round.
AgentRocks

Con

I'm sorry for your forgiet! Here I let you catch up. :)
Nyx999

Pro

You're an awesome person! Ok let's do this. :)
I think Bush was an idiot because his whole presidency was Recession, War, Torture, and even more War.
Bush didn't really want to be president in the first place, but so many people were behind him, that he said "Hey, what the hell, I'll just run for president." Most people recognize him for his War on terror, because after 9/11, most people say he really took charge. I beg to differ. He started TWO wars after 9/11, one on Afghanistan, (because that was where bin Laden was hiding) and one in Iraq because we assumed that they had weapons of mass destruction. Originally, Bush went to the UN, and told them that he suspected Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, (even though many people believe he just held a grudge against Iraq because he blamed them for 9/11, even though they had nothing to do with it, because Al-Qaeda is a rebel group) and they told him that they were going to be sending a couple of inspectors to look over Iraq and try to find those weapons of mass destruction, and Bush, being Bush, was like "But we're America!" And he charged right on in there. Needless to say, there were no weapons of mass destruction, and he wasted hundreds of billions of dollars in Iraq, which is part of the reason why we are in SO MUCH DEBT!
His administration encouraged new torture techniques, like strapping prisoners down, keeping them from breathing, and slowly forcing water into their lungs. There were also classics, such as intimidating people with dogs, slamming their heads into walls, and depriving people of sleep and darkness. Most of these torture tactics were ILLEGAL.
He launched us into the Great Recession, people lost millions of jobs, and the world was just a sad place.
The Great Recession wasn't helped by the fact that he put in place a BAJILLION *bajillion is not a real number, but I use it to express my anger* tax cuts, most of which favoured the wealthy,
So, recap, Recession, War, Torture, and Even more war. Nice job Bush.
AgentRocks

Con

Ok I really don't want to debate this anymore, you can win :i
Posted by GDawg 4 years ago
GDawg
How is this even disputable? This is just like arguing Hitler was a good man.
Posted by Nyx999 4 years ago
Nyx999
I missed my argument due date by one hour. :P
Posted by Nyx999 4 years ago
Nyx999
Ugh I'm So TERRIBLY Sorry I forfeited, I was just so busy this week!
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Arg!
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
Wow, what a statement.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Do you mind a possible semantics argument in favor of his intellect?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Nyx999AgentRocksTied
Reasons for voting decision: I swear sometimes conduct needs to be worth more than a single point. Conduct: Con gave up a round to match when pro missed one, and admitted defeat for a clean vote. Argument: Con made an Ad Populum fallacy, then conceded. However I will remark that water-boarding is not new, had it been it might have counted in his intellectual favor.