The_Gatherer
Frikcha

Buying pets from a breeder is wrong.

The_Gatherer

Pro

Rules and format of this debate:

Round 1 is for Pro > Set out rules and format of debate. Con > Accept debate and confirm that rules and format understood.

Round 2 is for both Pro and Con to make their argument. (No rebuttals, as this is unfair, all rebuttals must be made in round 3).

Round 3 is for rebuttals by both Pro and Con, with regards to the respective arguments submitted by each debator's opponant in Round 2.

Round 3 is for closing statements by both Pro and Con, summing up their case.

Rules

The term 'pets' in the context of this debate, is used to refer to common pets, such as cats and dogs etc, which could easily be acquired without purchasing from a breeder.

The term 'wrong' is used to mean generally immoral, and also 'wrong' as in 'can cause un-necesary suffering'.

I am acting as Pro in this debate, as I DO believe that it is wrong to buy pets from a breeder.

My opponant will be acting as Con, and will be taking the position that they DO NOT believe it is wrong to buy pets from a breeder.

The Case

In order to make a convincing case, I will have to show the many ways in which it can be considered immoral to buy pets from a breeder.

Con will have to make the case that buying from a breeder is not wrong at all in any way, and will have to convince voters that the evidence I provide is either false, or should be disregarded when considering adopting a pet.

I look forward to debating this issue with a stranger, as I have already debated it a few times with friends and family.

Frikcha

Con

I accept the rules and term of the debate. I look forward to it.
The_Gatherer

Pro

The_Gatherer forfeited this round.
Frikcha

Con

Frikcha forfeited this round.
The_Gatherer

Pro

Apologies for not posting my argument in time.

Unfortunately, I sadly lost my over the weekend in very traumatic circumstances.

As such, I have not been online and am very upset about it as you can imagine, so I am going to forfeit this debate for now, and hope to start it again at another time.

Apologies again.
Frikcha

Con

Frikcha forfeited this round.
The_Gatherer

Pro

The_Gatherer forfeited this round.
Frikcha

Con

Frikcha forfeited this round.