Debatemenow
BandMan16

Buying something that is stolen from someone else is bad.

Debatemenow

Pro

Because buying a stolen item encourages the thieves and / or their partners in crimes might make them think that stealing is good.
BandMan16

Con

Just because you buy a stolen item from someone does not mean you encourage it, people adopt kids all the time, it doesn't mean they encouraged parents putting their kids up for adoption.
Debatemenow

Pro

The topic is this: Buying something that is stolen from someone else is bad. The topic is not about adopting children. My opponents argument is about adopting children wich has nothing to do with the topic. Therefore, what my opponent said is irrelevant and my opponent did not even shake my argument.
BandMan16

Con

BandMan16 forfeited this round.
Debatemenow

Pro

Debatemenow forfeited this round.
BandMan16

Con

The point I was trying to get across was that just because you buy something doesn't mean that you agree with what the seller is doing . don't try and call topicality on me I was giving you another real life situation so you can get the fact that the argument you brought up was completely idiotic.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
That is what welfare is. Just government sanctioned theft.I helped a guy once and he wanted to buy some food for me with an EBT card. Not knowing what that was, I asked, he said " it is food stamp card". I said, " That is not yours to give, someone else payed for that".I even stopped going to a church that accepted EBT cards in fundraisers when they sold hoagies. And the pastor wonders why he is in bad finances. You cannot receive stolen property and expect God to bless you.
Posted by BandMan16 2 years ago
BandMan16
The buyer could be opposed to it but still interested in buying it. Just because they buy it does not in any way , shape, or form mean that they support it. People adopt all the time , does that mean that they are in favor of parents abandoning their children ?
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
No, not if they were unaware. If they were then yeah, that's wrong
Posted by Debatemenow 2 years ago
Debatemenow
The topic does not say the buyer is aware if the thing being bought is stolen or not. So that means the topic covers both.
Posted by Debatemenow 2 years ago
Debatemenow
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Yes, it is actually a crime; it is called being an "accomplice" to criminals, but there are exceptions if you did not know you were committing a crime.