george220
LordBeaumont

By Taking In Refugees To The UK, Does It Increase The Chance Of A Terrorist Attack

george220

Pro

My argument is against the plan to take in refugees in to the UK.

In the last couple years terrorist groups such as ISIS have threatened to invade the UK and other countries and with the current increase of refugees entering the UK it provides the perfect passage to the UK as well as the lack of documentation. Security checks on refugees have becoming increasingly difficult which leads to slips and potential risks in the UK.
I am not against any races, religions or cultures, i only believe that the refugee take in is a big risk that can be avoided through funding.
LordBeaumont

Con

I understand your argument, and I do not think it is racist in any way. Personally, I'm a bit undecided, but edging more toward your point of view. Nevertheless, I will argue the opposite side: taking in refugees doesn't largely increase the risk of an attack.

Also, your claim that the risk can be avoided through "funding" is a bit ambiguous, please elaborate.
george220

Pro

With the UK planning to take in 300 refugees per month there is an increased chance of terrorist attack due to blackmail, fear and disguised militants.
Blackmail
Many families are leaving Syria and surrounding war torn countries with little to no documentation to their name which makes them an immediate unreliability. Farmers, workers and other civilians who are fleeing to the higher up countries have been in the same cities as these militants possibly living on the same streets. These people are subject to blackmail from militants who could be holding families hostage and forcing refugees to take part in terrorist activities within the UK.
Disguised Militants
As you should know France was attacked two weeks ago today and two of the attackers were identified as Refugees. This means that it isn't just a possibility anymore it has become a reality. UK being one of the wordless most powerful countries it is only logical for ISIS to invade disguised as refugees as many have already entered without any documentation.

This leads to the conclusion that the risk of terrorism is now higher than it has been for a long time and that we should fund for them to be placed safely within the EU where they can be self efficient within their own societies which are organised by the government that funds them.
LordBeaumont

Con

I'm not going to argue that the terrorism methods you've listed aren't true.

My argument is that nothing has stopped radical Muslims from seeking an asylum before. The UK has taken in refugees for years, but only recently have we heard about it because of the crisis in Syria.

What increases the risk is the recent rise of ISIS and their followers. Even if we weren't taking in refugees, they are so determined that they would find a way. Previous terrorists haven't needed a large refugee intake to accomplish their mission.

Also, the UK has a quite sophisticated government organisation dedicated to counter terrorist attacks. As you may have heard MI5 had anticipated a terrorist attack shortly before the Paris attack.

So to conclude, I think the UK has as high a chance of a terrorist attack regardless of the recent refugee intake.
george220

Pro

I disagree. The UK is now taking in 300 refugees per month. That is much higher than it has ever been and to make the terrorist risk worse is that most do not have ID or documentation. This means that however hard security services try they will not be able to perform safety checks on the refugees.
I also do not understand why you have included muslims in this argument. Muslim religion does not support anything the terrorist claim is right so I believe that religion is what ISIS are using as an excuse to do these terrible things. Please do not sway the argument.
LordBeaumont

Con

LordBeaumont forfeited this round.
george220

Pro

george220 forfeited this round.
LordBeaumont

Con

LordBeaumont forfeited this round.
george220

Pro

george220 forfeited this round.
LordBeaumont

Con

LordBeaumont forfeited this round.
Posted by george220 1 year ago
george220
Can LordGaben's Mum please come collect him he seems to be having a tantrum on an website where immature children are frowned upon.
Posted by mvig 1 year ago
mvig
So your argument is that, provided more funding, the risk would be avoided? What type of funding are you arguing for?