9spaceking
Petfish

By the end of this debate, a noob will have been sniped

Petfish
Started: 2/19/2016 Category: Funny

9spaceking

Pro

If my opponent is worse at debating than me, then certainly he will have worse arguments than me, and thus why he or she will be sniped by me within this debate. I am not that good of a debater (my win record is rather shabby), so to be worse than me, my opponent would practically have to be a noob.

If my opponent is better than me, that will be no wonder. I am not that good at debating (no impressive records, most times against skilled debaters I only win by the opponent's forfeiting). Thus, if my opponent easily counters my arguments it will display that I am a noob and that I was sniped in this debate by my opponent.

In either case the debate is only one round. If my opponent beats me in his response, I will not be able to refute, thus, I will be noob-sniped. If my opponent has a terrible response, he cannot try again, thus I will have trapped my debate in a reverse-noob-snipe position.

I could see someone trying to argue that their arguments are equal and the same to mine, however, since we all have different personalities, different arguments are inevitable. The audience will have to prefer one to another. If it is a tie, all the better. Two noobs snipe each other, both losing and dying in the process. I would have fulfilled the topic twice through a tie. (Note that I never said ONLY ONE noob snipe would have been done! Two noobs snipes mean that at least one was already committed, fulfilling the contention!)

Round one is NOT acceptance.
"And just in case I don't see you again, good afternoon, good evening, and good night." (Truman Show)
Thank you all for your time.
Petfish

Con

Thank you, 9spaceking, for initializing this debate.

Since pro did not define the terms, I will do so now.

Noob - a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.[1]

Noob sniping- A term used for when an experienced member debates a noob (and wins) just to inflate his Win/Loss Record.[2]

Now clearly both of us are experienced, since we have each completed debates. Therefore, the BoP is on Pro to show how a noob snipe occurred during the duration of this debate.

Rebuttals:

“In either case the debate is only one round. If my opponent beats me in his response, I will not be able to refute, thus, I will be noob-sniped. If my opponent has a terrible response, he cannot try again, thus I will have trapped my debate in a reverse-noob-snipe position.”

It is important to see that my opponent equates winning with noob-sniping. Also, how is a reverse noob snipe a noob snipe? That is like saying 1 equals negative 1. Clearly, the two would be put in different categories.

Now my opponent says that a tie is an act of both players noob sniping each other! Not every tied debate is a noob snipe. In fact, according to the definition I provided, one needs to WIN a debate for it to be considered a noob snipe.

“I am not that good at debating (no impressive records, most times against skilled debaters I only win by the opponent's forfeiting).”

My opponent uses a false dichotomy fallacy. Clearly, you can be both experienced and mediocre at debating. Therefore, my opponent has not shown that he/she is a noob.

Also, I believe my opponent is claiming that if one loses a debate, one is a noob. This does not follow. Brilliant masters lose chess games.[3] Brilliant geniuses make mathematical mistakes.

The resolution has been negated. Vote con!

[1] https://www.google.com...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] http://en.chessbase.com...
Posted by 9spaceking 1 year ago
9spaceking
very interesting case.... very clever.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
9spacekingPetfishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con cited sources.