anaveed
dlu2012

C.Ronaldo is better than L.Messi

Started: 11/20/2012 Category: Sports

anaveed

Pro

ronaldo has to be better than messi because the only thing that messi does is dribble and score.the 3 main things in football are passing,control and teamwork and ronaldo can do all these things
dlu2012

Con

Hi and I accept your debate. I am arguing that C. Ronaldo is NOT better the L. Messi.

1) Ok first, Messi has been named one of the "best players" in soccer.

2) Your list of most important things can be debated. You do not have a source saying that those are the most important things so I choose to go by my definition.

3) My definition: In soccer, there is only one thing that matters, scoring a goal. If a team has teamwork, if it has passing, and even if it has control. Do all of these things really matter if the other team can just score goals?

4) Soccer is not judged on whether you can pass a ball or whether you have control. Soccer is judged as to which team has the most goals/points.

5) Just because a player can pass, has control and teamwork, it does not just make the player "good". You have to look at the stats and the last time I checked Messi had better stats than Ronaldo.

6) Your argument about Messi not being able to pass, does not have control or teamwork is invalid. Just because a player chooses not to do those things does not mean he is not capable of doing them. Messi can do all of the things you just listed. He just chooses not to because he is GOOD enough to score a goal on his own.
anaveed

Pro

anaveed forfeited this round.
dlu2012

Con

My partner forfeited this round vote con.
anaveed

Pro

anaveed forfeited this round.
dlu2012

Con

My partner forfeited this round also.

I thank my partner for debating with me on this subject.

I wish both of us good luck on any other debates we have.

Vote Con

Thank You
Posted by brian_eggleston 4 years ago
brian_eggleston
I would like to take this but I'm not sure I have time...