Schwetzky
Mcneelyk

CA should provide special license plates for drunk drivers

Schwetzky

Schwetzky

Pro

Ok, so this isn't really a debate. I just really want other people to post their points on the comments and my contender. I probably wont be posting things, maybe refutes, but I am in NEED of points for Con and Pro, but right now just Con. Please accept and post any thoughts for points. In return for at least 3 points within 5 rounds, I will make sure you win this debate. For the people that are reading this that won't accept, please vote for my opponent.

Here is my One point

Pro:
The Embarrassment Factor
Drunk driving is obviously a huge problem in CA. Many of these convictions are teens partying or hanging with friends. If we put this into play, teens would be completely embarrassed to drunk drive because they get a special license that pretty much sends out a signal to everyone that can see it saying "I am unresponsible, untrustworthy person that you shouldn't hang out with." Now what teenager would like this license plate, huh?
Mcneelyk

Con

I thank my fellow debater for bringing up this crucial topic. To begin the debate I will start off with a negation of your first point.

Note, I would appreciate it if my competitor could follow up my point with a rebuttal and another point of his own just to make this a better learning experience.

My opponent stated that special license plates for drunk drivers will cause embarrassment to teens making them not want to drink and drive while this will not actually do as much as one could think. If teens are going to drink they are not going to have any impact on their driving. With one already being under the influence they are NOT as able to feel a future embarrassment that could be upon them. Also you do not once state that this will cause teens not to drink.

Contention 1: Congress approval: Bill 2099 a bill set to give these plates to drivers was as of a few months ago overturned. This shows that with congress not approving the entire subject that you are going pro on is null. Now along with this according to a BBC US/Canada article congress' approval rating is not in favor to already failed bills, as can be seen in the instance of Obamacare.
Schwetzky

Pro

I would like to say first that my refutations will suck, but I will have rebuttals.

Refutations:
What if I am completely against Congress? Congress is mostly republicans, what if I am a democrat? Huh? Then I would't give a crap about what congress said.

Please post more points for I need more points.
Mcneelyk

Con

Mcneelyk forfeited this round.
Schwetzky

Pro

Schwetzky forfeited this round.
Mcneelyk

Con

Mcneelyk forfeited this round.
Schwetzky

Pro

*cough* not *cough* worthy *achemm* of win *achemm* *cough*
Mcneelyk

Con

Mcneelyk forfeited this round.
Schwetzky

Pro

Im not sure why I havent earned a win. He has forfeited almost every round. I did say that he gets an automatic win if you accept but I was expecting for him to at least participate in more than 1 round.
Mcneelyk

Con

Mcneelyk forfeited this round.
Posted by Mcneelyk 5 years ago
Mcneelyk
It is a BBC article (good source) and it is U.S. AND Canada this happens to fall on the U.S. portion.
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
told ya i suck
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Wtf that isn't a rebuttal
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
and i didnt read the part where it said to post another argument so i will post two in the next round
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
what the hek is BBC US/Canada article? and this is california nitwit
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
Con, I really need your points. PLEASE PLEASE
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
SchwetzkyMcneelykTied