Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

I will be taking the stance for Christianity. My opponent will have to argue for atheism. They must prove that atheism is a better option than religion-- in this case, Christianity. I must prove that Christianity is the better option.
No foul language, feel free to message me with questions/possible topics.

Okay so I accept let me just say I won't say your religion is stupid I won't say mine is right but I will say that mine is easier and better but not 100 percent so let it be

I would like to thank my opponent for the challenge. Before I begin, I would like to first define atheism: atheists' are ones who argue against religion. However, they themselves have intrinsic beliefs, dogmas, and tenets. Newsweek magazine agrees, calling the atheism a 'belief'. (Christianity In Crisis, Newsweek, Apr. 2, 2012)
"When a man stops believing in God he doesn't then believe in nothing, he believes in anything"
- G. K. Chesterton
So atheists, claim to believe in nothing. They claim to be non-religious. However, this evidence disproves that theory. Also, many atheist groups have been building churches, in which to worship nothing! ( Is it just me, or are you confused?
Many people don't believe in God because they dislike God's rules. But what is a world without laws? If we had no laws, anything would be moral. Morality standards are found in the 10 Commandments, Proverbs, and Romans. The Bible says we must not murder. The Bible says we must not steal, we must not commit adultery, etc. However, what atheists see is the "we must not". They carefully ignore the parts that say "love your neighbor"; how Jesus heals the sick; how he associates with the 'unclean', the people that no one wants to touch. Another reason people disbelieve in God is they wonder where God came from.
"Who designed the Designer?"
-Richard Dawkins
Let's say you're walking through the woods. You see a turtle sitting on the top of a tall fence post. Logically, you assume someone put it there, even though you don't have an explanation as to who put it there. Moral: there doesn't have to be an explanation for every explanation. In the same way, Darwinists believe the world was created from the Big Bang. Next, hundreds of millions of single-celled organisms then evolved into humans and animals today. When asked how the organisms got here, they had no explanation. Why is it that Christians have to have an explanation as to the existance of God, but atheists don't have to have an explanation for evolution? God is both spiritually revitalizing and intellectually satisfying. Atheism doesn't satisfy a man's heart or mind.

If you are an atheist you do have to believe that the main point in all the religions of the whole world is simply one huge mistake. If you are a Christian, you are free to think that all those religions, even the queerest one, contain at least some hint of truth. When I was an atheist I had to try to persuade myself that most of the human race have always been wrong about the question that mattered to them most.
- S. C. Lewis

I look forward to seeing my opponents' arguement.

My opponent claims that many atheist became atheist becouse they don't like gods rule . Nut that is simply not the case here are some reasons why people are atheist
Most atheists would offer some of the following arguments as their reason for deciding that God doesn't exist.
Many people are atheists because of the way they were brought up or educated, or because they have simply adopted the beliefs of the culture in which they grew up. So someone raised in Communist China is likely to have no belief in God because the education system and culture make being an atheist the natural thing to do.
Other people are atheists because they just feel that atheism is right.
With your augment about the churches I got nothing I'm confused .
Okay before I go ahead let me just say I'm an athirst who was born from intellect I was born a Catholic but as I grew older I had a hard time keeping my religion so I gave it up to only believing what I see and what has evidence to prove it if there was hardcore evidence for god I would easily believe in him

First, I would like to point out my opponents misspellings: "My opponent claims that many atheist became atheist becouse they don't like gods rule . Nut that is simply " I would also like to point out you are an athiest, not an athirst. "I'm an athirst"
My opponenet also brought up the point "I gave it up to only believing what I see"
You mean to tell me you don't believe in gravity? You can't see that. You can't feel, taste, touch, or smell it. Yet, we believe that it's there. So, if you believe in only the things you see, you don't believe in gravity, oxygen, or other galexies? You don't believe that I'm an actual person because you can't see me?
My opponent wrote this: "if there was hardcore evidence for god I would easily believe in him" My answer: Theos is the Greek word for God, therefore a theist believes in God and sees God as the creator. A- is the Greek prefix meaning absence, therefore an atheist believes in the absence of God. To them, everything can be explained by natural causes and effects. This worldview elimiates the possibility of God, therefore no evidence will ever be satisfying or convincing. The only option is for them to start seeking God themselves.
Also, in the acceptance round, you stated that you would prove that your religion was "easier"... I fail to see how atheism is easier. Is it easier because you have nothing to live for? Is it easier because you don't have any moral standereds? Please, explain.

If there is an anthem of non-belief, it is no doubt the song Imagine by John Lenon: "Imagine there's no heaven..." Is that true? Would the world be a better place if there were no God? Let us imagine.
If there is no heaven, then there is no God. If there is no God or heaven, then this life is all there is: when you're dead, you're dead. What Lenon imagined, Vladimir Lenin had already built in communist Russia. The godless world of that Lenin was filled with tortue, genocide, and darkness. The twentith century was the bloodiest century in history, thanks to the atheistic views of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao Zedong. However, there is a God. And if there is a God, there is a heaven. And if there is a heaven, there is life after death to those who accept it.

Let me just say you have not read tha sentence fully becouse I said I gave it up to only what. IEEE and has evidence you didn't even read my argument fully what. Why do you say that no religion is violent . They have been crusades were people did what about th Indians they were fored to coverage or they would have died . This wold will never b peacefully becouse hu,ans are born to be violent and there's no,way to change it . Religion is a way to have some meaning in your life if you belie in god it's your choice not mine . I hag reasons not to believe in god . It's an easer religion becouse you don't have to be perfect saint wich no on can judge you and the world wil not ever be perfect so please even if your not atheist please hove me credit at least
Posted by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
Show me proof that Satan only killed 10 people. Also, how is Satan better?
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Not according to the Bible.

In the Bible, God murdered millions and Satan only killed 10.

According to a rational reading of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations (which I had done), Satan is the better, more benevolent being.

God according to the Bible is a Murderous, Narcissistic Megalomaniac.
God even admits to this in a few passages in the Bible.

Certainly no benevolence is ever demonstrated by God in the Bible, only extreme Malevolence.

The Bible God is Omni-Malevolent according to scripture if read properly.
Posted by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
Satan is as real as air. He has murdered MILLIONS, if not more. He is responsible for every bad thing in this world. The devil tempted humans, and that is why there is sin. It is his fault, and he continues to kill.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
The Atheist ideal is Secularism or complete neutrality of superstitious/religious beliefs.

No public proselytizing of any belief system or no promoting God, Satan, Buddha, Krishna, Allah nor The Flying Spaghetti Monster onto the public.
Everybody can believe in whatever they want and be in any religious groups they want to, so long as they don't try and make the public believe in their religion or superstition.

In other words, Religion should be put in it's rightful place in society.
It should be regarded the same as Astrology, Palmistry and Tarot Card Readings.

After all: Religion is just another Superstition.

So you can keep your Christian superstition.

As I know that Jesus as never truly resurrected, since there is no proof that he was.
So Christianity is truly just worshiping a dead Jewish Rabbi, who taught Buddhist teachings and called them his own.
A sort of Jew, who plagiarized Buddha and Confucius.
Confucius invented Jesus Christ's golden rule, around 400 years before Jesus was born.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Satan doesn't exist and Christian so often get the Bible Wrong.
God Massacres many Thousands in the Bible and Satan only kills 10.
According to the Bible, Satan is a much more Benevolent than God.

Though Atheists are not Satanists, they are a religion like Christianity.
Atheists would also oppose Satanists if they proselytize, in the same way they oppose Christianity Proselytizing.
Because to an Atheist, Satan doesn't exist either.
Posted by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
Atheists exist to encourage Satan. Christians exist to cut him off. We are here to support those in need and to protect the weak.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Yes, it is the Christian Delusion to proselytize.
It is the Atheist's job to counter proselytizing by demonstrating the Truth that Christianity is false.
When Christians can their delusion of grandeur.
Atheists will also can their opposition.
Simple, isn't it?

Atheists exist because Christians are delusional narcissistic braggarts.
Posted by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
Posted by jesusfreak22 2 years ago
It is the job of a Christian to reach as many people as possible with the truth. If you don't want to hear about it, I won't tell you about it. But I'm going to preach as long as I have breath to anyone who will listen. If you don't like what I have to say, leave.
My mission in life--my purpose-- is to lead people to God. To lead them away from eternal pain and suffering into the arms of the Savior. That is the purpose of every Christian. Which is why we publicly preach. I understand not everyone likes what we do. But there's an easy solution; they can turn around and walk away. If they honestly don't want to hear about God, don't want to hear their fate, they can leave. I won't say I didn't try to warn you. But I will keep fighting for my faith. Because Satan is coming. He is coming to destroy the world. And God will save those faithful to him. He wants that to be everyone. But sadly, many people deny him. They don't understand him.
My job is to help people understand his ways. I want to see people saved. It's AMAZING to see people saved. It's life changing; I've seen it happen-I've encouraged it. And I thank God every time. Because it's his work... all I do is open the persons' mind. God then works in their heart in magical ways.
There isn't physical evidence for every Biblical encounter. But we do have something worth more than evidence-- we have faith. We have faith that we are saved; that we will wake up tomorrow. We worship the man that sat through whippings for us. We praise the holy man that died by nails put through his hands and feet and hung on a wooden cross for hours. Because he did that for ME. He did that for anyone and everyone who accepts him.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
To put it Simply:
Public Atheists Only Exist As A Reaction To Public Religious Proselytizing/Promotion.

Take Religion out of the Public Arena and Public Atheism will Vanish.
Vote Placed by Mhykiel 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I know this is only a win/lose vote. I award it to Pro because I did not see rebuttals from Con about the churches of atheism, Moral Relativism with Atheism. I think there are many arguments to these points but Con brought none up. Con eventually did respond to the hateful acts of Lenin and Hitler but this was in the last round and unconvincing. Given though Pro could have made a more solid argument of such a point. So I really counted this as a tie on this point. Con's grammar and spelling was abundant. I would encourage Con to address the points given and present solid ones for their position. I would encourage Pro to establish all points and establish reasonable inference between specific cases to general cases.